Postings by Maya, Sadie, and Kona's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 26: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Raw Food Diet > Kibble and RAW...how to feed?
Maya, Sadie,- and Kona

Barked: Thu Mar 18, '10 12:41pm PST 
Tucker I hear ya on the P1. I cringe everytime she says she feeds it. I am hoping that she will see how easy RAW is and just go with that once she is more comfortable.

However, I do suggest other kibbles all the time to her. It's what finally made her switch off Beneful. I am trying my best to present her info to change her habits.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Sedona, Mar 20 2:04 am

Raw Food Diet > Indianapolis RAW food suppliers
Maya, Sadie,- and Kona

Barked: Thu Mar 18, '10 12:29pm PST 
Does anyone know of any cheap suppliers for RAW food in or near Indianapolis? I thought there was the rabbit place but I can't remember the name.

Thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by McKayla , Mar 18 12:33 pm

Raw Food Diet > Kibble and RAW...how to feed?

Maya, Sadie,- and Kona

Barked: Thu Mar 18, '10 12:22pm PST 
I know most of you will respond don't feed the kibble but it isn't my dog.....I am trying to help my sister.

My sis has a boxer and a bull mastiff and she wants to start feeding them better (THANK DOG!!!) They were on Beneful (finally got her to switch that) and now they are on Purina One. Her bull mastiff just had surgery on his back legs...something about the bones growing wrong. Anyway she wants to start feeding them a better diet....I am so excited!!!

For now she wants to stick with the kibble (I know I know....baby steps) and and RAW. I told her the meals need to be fed 12 hours apart. I will have her start with chicken but how much should she feed? I was thinking 1/2 the recommended amount of kibble in the am and then 1-1.5% of body weight of RAW at night. Does that sound right?

I am hoping that in a few months I can convience her to drop the kibble. She has my dogs as an example to help convince her (mine have been RAW fed for 1.5.yrs and are healthy).

Thanks in advance for any help.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Sedona, Mar 20 2:04 am

Raw Food Diet > Do some dogs need more bone than others?

Maya, Sadie,- and Kona

Barked: Thu Mar 4, '10 12:24pm PST 
My dogs needed more bone when we started. They were getting a chicken quarter every day to every other day. At about 6 to 9 mos I noticed that poo was getting hard so we cut back to twice a week and that seems to be the magic number for my crew.

It did take my dogs a good three months to get used to the diet. (We had little set backs everytime we tried a new protein).
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Charlie, Mar 5 8:25 am

Raw Food Diet > explosive diarrhea

Maya, Sadie,- and Kona

Barked: Wed Mar 3, '10 1:01pm PST 
Are you sure your chicken isn't enhanced? It should say on the package minimally processed. If there is anything about a broth solution being added that could be your problem.

I started out feeding enhanced chicken and it was rocket butt city at my house. Once I switched to noin enhanced chicken things settled down a lot.

Good luck. You will get the hang of feeding RAW and your dog will love you for it.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Charlie, Mar 4 6:36 am

Raw Food Diet > Anybody Shop Harris Teeter?
Maya, Sadie,- and Kona

Barked: Thu Feb 18, '10 8:03pm PST 
Charlie....wait until you go to one of those stores and load up a cart to overfilling with all the sale stuff and someone asks you if you are having a BBQ and you reply....nope this is dog food!!! The look you get is priceless.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Maya, Sadie, and Kona, Feb 18 8:03 pm

Raw Food Diet > Anybody Shop Harris Teeter?

Maya, Sadie,- and Kona

Barked: Thu Feb 18, '10 1:18pm PST 
They don't have "exotic" meats but if you watch their circular you can get great bargains.

I routinely get whole chickens for 59 cents a pound and chicken quaters (about 1 lb each) for 49 cents a pound. I have found pork on sale for 79 cents a pound before too. Most of our meat comes from the HT
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Maya, Sadie, and Kona, Feb 18 8:03 pm

Raw Food Diet > Blue Ridge Beef?

Maya, Sadie,- and Kona

Barked: Wed Feb 17, '10 9:35am PST 
We feed BRB. My pack loves it. In fact it is the onle beef they get. Your prices seem high though. The blend you are talking about we get for $1 a pound. The lean beef is $1.25 or $1.35 and the Natural Mix is $1.25 or $1.15.

Bam Bam....do they have a strickly organ mix or do you feed the natural? I haven't seen the organ mix. If they do have an organ mix can you post what is in it so I can tell my supplier?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Bam-Bam, CGC, Mar 25 7:21 am

Raw Food Diet > Going back to raw

Maya, Sadie,- and Kona

Barked: Tue Jan 26, '10 9:06am PST 
I would go back to RAW too. Maybe this time take the skin off the chicken for a while and then slowly start feeding pieces with more skin left on.

I know a lot of people aren't a fan of supplements but adding a probiotic helped us a lot. We get probiotics from onlynaturalpet.com. Maya had an ultra sensitive tummy and any change in her diet/environment led to diarrhea multiple times a day. After being on RAW and the probiotic she hardly has any diarrhea (when she does have some it lasts for 1/2 day maybe).

Glad Lex is feeling a little better!
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Chloe, KPA-CTP, Jan 29 6:59 am

Raw Food Diet > Possible spleen removal and raw
Maya, Sadie,- and Kona

Barked: Mon Jan 25, '10 1:20pm PST 
I am so sorry for your loss. Mama is now cancer free playing at the Rainbow Bridge. Hugs to you.
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Tucker, CGC, TDI, Jan 26 9:25 pm

(Page 1 of 26: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.