Postings by Lila Rae's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 134: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > arthritis?
Tippi

If you are- going, so am I.

Barked: Sat Jun 18, '11 3:49pm PST 
Tippi is 12 and over the last month or so I've noticed that when she is laying down for a while, it takes her a minute to get going when she gets up. It seems to be only affecting her back legs.. she walks like she is stiff, then is fine after she stretches them out. I've also kind of manipulated them and she doesn't seem to be in pain and uses them normally (no limping). Well it seems like lately she does it every time she gets up from laying down.

I was thinking of getting her a supplement or something and see if it may help. .. clueless in this department!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Aina Aloysius de LeMaitre, Jun 20 5:15 am

Grooming > doggie odor- good shampoo?
Lila Rae

I'm pretty sure- I'm a doberman..

Barked: Fri May 20, '11 1:12pm PST 
They are eating TOTW pacific... the last time they were on it they started smelling fishy so maybe that's why they are smelly lately.. but i just bought a big bag so they will finish it! haha.

They have eaten natural balance for a while b/c of Lila Rae's allergy issues so it's easier to keep them on the same food.

Tippi will eat Wellness.

I was thinking of trying Canidae next.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Jade Alexandria, May 25 6:23 pm

Grooming > doggie odor- good shampoo?

Lila Rae

I'm pretty sure- I'm a doberman..

Barked: Tue May 17, '11 3:19pm PST 
I'm currently using the tropiclean oxy med shampoo for my 3 girls (all chihuahuas) and lately I've noticed that they come in from outside just smelling terribly! I'm pregnant, so I know my nose is more sensitive than normal, but I'm looking for a good shampoo that maybe could keep the odor away at least until their weekly baths?

Two of them are short haired and seem to smell worse than my long haired chi.

Any advice would be great. : )
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Jade Alexandria, May 25 6:23 pm

Dog Health > Best flea and tick protection in the carolinas

Tippi

Barked: Sat May 7, '11 8:26am PST 
Currently my girls are all on flea meds but nothing that also protects against ticks... And we've had a recent experience with one on Tippi (only my second time with a tick on my dogs) so I HAVE to get them something that protects against both.

The reason I specified area was b/c in La a bunch of my friends were having issues w/ frontline not protecting their dogs (like they were immuned)
I called my vet and they said frontline seems to work fine here.

SO I was thinking of using Frontline?
Any recommendations?
We also have a baby on the way (if that makes a difference).
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Tanuk CGC , May 7 3:13 pm

Dog Health > How would you feel if this were your vet's policy?

Tippi

Barked: Thu Jan 13, '11 4:04pm PST 
Thanks Everyone!

Allee- the receptionist told me this. The vet did not. I see the vet who owns the practice. It's a husband and wife team and they personally hired the three other vets at their practice. Like I said, I probably need to speak to them directly, ya know!
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Sarah, CW-SR, CW-G1, CGC, Jan 16 11:43 am

Tippi

Barked: Thu Jan 13, '11 10:44am PST 
Thanks. That's what I thought. I never had to deal w/ this before and the funny thing is that Tippi will never receive another vaccine and they did a dental on her, no questions ask (just remembered this). I probably need to speak w/ the vet personally about this.
[notify]
» There has since been 30 posts. Last posting by Sarah, CW-SR, CW-G1, CGC, Jan 16 11:43 am

Tippi

Barked: Thu Jan 13, '11 10:41am PST 
I was planning on having both lila rae and harley have their dentals next month on the same day. I had decided to skip fecals this year and I typically don't do bordetella, even though I did for Lila Rae so she could attend a meetup group. Well they both went in for their rabies vaccine and a heartworm test and I asked for an estimate for the dentals.

I was told that Harley HAD to have a bordetella vaccine and the DAP vaccine deal, AND a fecal ON the day of the procedure.

Lila HAS to have a fecal ON the day of the procedure!

Will the bordetella vaccine and other vaccine PROTECT THEM THAT DAY???? I highly doubt the point in this other than making some money!

Now this isn't about the money but about the policy. This just doesn't make sense to me. The receptionist told me that they can't stay in the "hospital" w/o this being done even though they aren't staying overnight.

I'm seriously reconsidering their practice, even though I love the care they receive from them.
[notify]
» There has since been 32 posts. Last posting by Sarah, CW-SR, CW-G1, CGC, Jan 16 11:43 am

Dog Health > Are yearly fecals really necessary?

Tippi

Barked: Fri Jan 7, '11 10:37am PST 
It's not that I don't want to pay for it, but my girls seriously can call the vet their second home. They are in and out of there so often that I just don't think the yearly deal is for us!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Hazel, Jan 7 11:23 am

Tippi

Barked: Thu Jan 6, '11 1:04pm PST 
Thanks everyone!
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Hazel, Jan 7 11:23 am

Tippi

Barked: Wed Jan 5, '11 3:07pm PST 
Thanks! I had a feeling I'd get a response just like yours! I'm going to opt out for now. I will have their heartworm tests done, but ugh I hate those too!! Especially since they have been on heartworm prevention and have had several negative tests.
[notify]
» There has since been 30 posts. Last posting by Hazel, Jan 7 11:23 am

(Page 1 of 134: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.