Postings by Maya's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 208: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Raw Food Diet > Flounder?
Maya

Excited to have- a twolegger- sibling!!!

Barked: Thu Aug 29, '13 11:52pm PST 
is flounder ok to feed? We caught one and got a couple from friends while dipnetting for salmon this year. We don't like to eat it so was hoping it is okay to feed it to Maya. Another plus to the dipnetting was about 60 1-3 lb salmon heads!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Maya, Aug 29 11:52 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Breed Recommendations?
Maya

Barked: Fri Apr 19, '13 11:59am PST 
Oh I don't know why I didn't think of Australian Shepherd! We almost got a puppy about a year before we ended up getting Maya. We would of course love to rescue. But DH will not get adult dogs(we've had fights over this) he wants to get them when they are puppies. It's understandable though. Especially now that we have our son Noah we really want whatever dog we get to grow up with him and we are going to have him feed and take care of them(he LOVES feeding the dog and training!) Thank you for the help. I'm going to look into the australian shepherds again and if I decide on that I guess I will probably just wait until a rescue somewhere here has a puppy. Thanks for the help! Any other breeds to check out anyone?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Howard, Apr 21 7:56 pm

Raw Food Diet > Freezing Wild caught Salmon

Maya

Barked: Fri Apr 19, '13 10:48am PST 
Since your in the same state Crash, do you know any good sources for weird meats? Any place to get a hold of Green Tripe? We moved to Anchorage from WA a year ago and have been so busy 4-wheeling and snowmachining I've barely had a chance to explore, lol.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Maya, Apr 19 10:48 am

Maya

Barked: Fri Apr 19, '13 10:42am PST 
Yeah we just bought about 5 acres in Soldotna, we move in on Monday smile How about Trout here? We have a lake behind our house... it's small so not sure if theres any good fishing in it, any issues with feeding trout? I've never given her any fish other than frozen AK salmon filets.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Maya, Apr 19 10:48 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Breed Recommendations?

Maya

Barked: Wed Apr 17, '13 5:42pm PST 
So we have been talking about getting another dog for a while now. And now that we are buying a house here in AK and we will have 4.7 acres for said dog to run around on with Maya. I am getting more serious about researching breeds. We live in AK, and are very active. We have a 2 year old who is good with animals. As far as animal care goes I consider him very mature for his age. He already helps us with training Maya smile Any breed suggestions for me to look into? Must have long hair or undercoat(I dont really want to have to put a sweater on said dog every time it comes time to go outside into -15 degree weather or even colder in the winter, lol. We also have a cat(bengal) but he doesnt run away from anything like other cats, he is a bit of a brute. Also there is no fencing, so a breed that is not generally known for wandering...
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Howard, Apr 21 7:56 pm

Raw Food Diet > Holy baby cow!
Maya

Barked: Wed Apr 17, '13 5:32pm PST 
Poor baby cow frown but I would love to get a call like that! Way to go! I have no problems skinning...in WA all my friends thought I was nuts, but its a bit more normal here in AK, lol. I've never done anything that large but didnt do bad with rabbits. The half llama I got a few years ago was already skinned for me. I'm planning on posting an ad on craigslist once we move into our new house and I get a hold of a second freezer.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Conker, Apr 18 11:37 pm

Maya

Barked: Wed Apr 17, '13 5:01pm PST 
k thanks. Just wasnt sure about whether I needed to gut anything out or not, but figured no. I'm freezing for a few weeks at least before feeding even though the parasite isn't known to have infected any dogs in our area. (from the research I've done it doesnt reach the waters of the Kenai River which is where we will be fishing all summer)
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Maya, Apr 19 10:48 am

Raw Food Diet > Coming back to the Raw side soon :)

Maya

Barked: Wed Apr 17, '13 4:51pm PST 
oh yes! I am very excited for my husband to go moose hunting this fall. He couldnt go last year since we had just moved and we were still considered out of staters and out of state hunting licenses for here are ridiculously expensive! Not sure how many extras he will be willing to tow back but I'm hoping to at least(aside from the meat) get some moose organ out of it! Maya will be very happy! smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Maya, Apr 17 4:51 pm

Raw Food Diet > Vet says raw will make xenas wonky legs worse Uhh

Maya

Barked: Wed Apr 17, '13 1:41pm PST 
If anything raw helped maya with her leg issues... ever since I switched her back to dry food she has had issues with soreness. Which is one of the main reasons I am switching back to it this summer. And yeah... too high of calcium can definitely cause issues. I agree with the others. I remember reading an article similar to that a few years ago dispelling the myth that the raw diet causes joint/leg problems and explaining that it only causes those issues when there is too high bone percentage in the diet.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Xena, Apr 19 7:44 pm

Maya

Barked: Wed Apr 17, '13 1:34pm PST 
We will be salmon fishing quite a bit this summer. Just curious do I need to gut anything at all or do I just freeze them whole? I will probably be catching the Pinks for fun and saving them for Maya and then catching the yummy Reds for us.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Maya, Apr 19 10:48 am

(Page 1 of 208: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.