Postings by The 2012 Amigos's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  

Small Dogs > How long should a 3lb Chi be able to hold it's bladder??
The 2012 - Amigos

All fur One and- One fur all!

Barked: Wed Jan 18, '12 8:34am PST 
I have 3 Chi's and a Chi mix. My oldest Chi Tico is 5 yrs. old and 2.3lbs. He can hold it 4everlaugh out loud BUT if he is scared or someone else goes forget it, he will go too.
My 7 mos old Chi is a nervous Nelly and will get out of bed and poop on the floor and poop in the house if he is left alone for more than a hour.
My youngest Chi is 11 ounces and can hold it ALL night long but will pee & poop in the house in a heartbeat during the day or if it is too cold outside.
Having them spayed/neutered helps IMO.
If I am not home I have them blocked off in my dinning room. (tile floor, easy to clean) The littlest one will go on a paper but I don't like to encourage that at all.
I have also used disposable dog diapers on my middle Chi and/or a belly band.
Maybe try the diaper for a bit and see how that goes?
I hate crating too but many feel it is the way to go.
Good Luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Jan 26 6:46 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Anybody else becoming disheartened by rescues?
The 2012 - Amigos

Barked: Wed Jan 18, '12 8:25am PST 
I got into the rescue field when I was unable to adopt because I had a young child in the house. I could not adopt anywhere/any breed because I had a 2 year old in the house.
I ended up getting my ShihTzu from the local paper and learned he was a mill dog and that started my "rescue" quest.
I fostered for 3 different organizations in Illinois. All VERY different. Some were abused mill dogs, some were transports from other shelter's and some were strays or owner surrenders.
I understand some of the reasoning behind the rescue's methods and others were just a total waste of time and energy.

After the total hassle of my last foster I started taking in free and low cost dogs from Craigslist, having them spayed/neutered, caught up on shots,socialized and potty trained and then finding them good homes on my own. I never got back the money I put into them, nor did I expect to. It was all about finding them love.
I know many people look down on Craigslist but if I can save and re home dogs on my own then I will continue to do so as long as I can afford it!

Since I have moved to Louisiana the need is greater than it was in Illinois,IMO, the stray population and dog fighting is INSANE!
I've been here 3 months and have brought home 2 stray Pit's and 2 "free" dogs. The strays have found wonderful loving homes and the free pups are still with me.
Last night I tried to catch 2 stray G. Shepard's but it was dark and they took off.
I see at least 5 free dogs a day in the paper and on Craigslist and those are the one's I worry about, wonder what people are going to do to them. I take as many as I can but it is never enough.

I donate to the local rescue's, post dog adoptions on various sites and shop for the rescue's when I can.
For now, this works for me.
I just wish it could be simplified somehow so we could help more dogs, and that's the bottom line, helping dogs and cats be safe and feel love. hug
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Eponine, Jan 20 4:59 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > why don't people pick up their dogs poop!!

The 2012 - Amigos

Barked: Wed Jan 18, '12 8:00am PST 
I HATE it when people don't pick up after their dogs!!!!!
I worked for 2 years making a beautiful garden in my front yard by the sidewalk and I can't tell you how many time's I've picked up someone else's poop in there. Now THAT is gross!
I hate walking on the sidewalk and having to step around poop or taking my granddaughter to the park and having to watch out for poop.
I don't like picking it up either but that's what responsible dog owners do.PERIOD! I've walked 5 dogs at a time and ALWAYS pick up after each and every one!
On the very rare occasion that I do not have a bag I have gone back with a bag to pick it up!
Bottom line is that is rude to leave your dogs mess for someone else to clean up!
[notify]
» There has since been 36 posts. Last posting by , Sat 1:16 pm

What I Love About Dogster > NEW! Furever Heart of Gold Rosette!

The 2012 - Amigos

Barked: Fri Jan 13, '12 5:10pm PST 
PLEASE tell us your going to do something cool and different for Valentines Day & Mardi Grashailhailhailhailhailway to goway to goway to goway to goway to goway to goway to goway to goway to gohappy dancedog
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by The 2012 Amigos, Jan 13 5:10 pm

What I Love About Dogster > NEW! Furever Heart of Gold Rosette!

The 2012 - Amigos

Barked: Fri Jan 13, '12 5:06pm PST 
LOVE itsnoopysnoopysnoopysnoopy
I know just who we're sending them toohughamster dance
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by The 2012 Amigos, Jan 13 5:10 pm

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Adobe Photoshop - Which program is best for me?
The 2012 - Amigos

Barked: Fri Jan 13, '12 7:18am PST 
I could never figure out Gimp or Photoshop shrug Spent the money on Photoshop and even with help I just don't get itfrown Need to take a class or something where I can actually see someone do it!
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Jan 18 5:17 pm

Puppy Place > Socializing

The 2012 - Amigos

Barked: Sun Jan 8, '12 8:33am PST 
Thanks so much Mika & Kia!
Hubby works in New Orleans which is almost 2 hours from us so that is out of the question.
Never thought about the cat & dog adoption days though, I will have to take Charlie alone as he is so hyper and wait till the pups have their full vaccines.
I guess more trips to Petco and the dog park are in order.
Thanks Again!blue dog
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Jan 10 4:25 am

Puppy Place > Socializing

Charles Ray- Brown

I- bark....Therefor- e I am!

Barked: Sat Jan 7, '12 7:12pm PST 
Evening all
I am not a new dog owner nor a novice, BUT, I moved 1,000 miles away from my "home" to a new state and now live in quite an isolated rural area. My 3 older dogs are fine but I brought a 4 month old Chi pup with me and have since picked up 2 other pups.
There is no where to walk, no neighborhood sidewalks, just highways.
I take the younger ones to the local Petco when I go but really how often do I need to go to Petco?
I take them to pick up my granddaughter at school and to drop my older kid off at work.
Other than that I'm stumped.
I don't want to put an ad up trying to get a play group going as I know not one soul here and would be worried that the other dogs were not vaccinated.
There are no doggie groups like back home, animals aren't treated all that well here IMO.
So how do I get my kids socialized?
I did find a very small dog park about 10 miles from me but my dogs are all small/tiny and there is no safe area for them.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!dog walk
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Jan 10 4:25 am

Food & Nutrition > Thoughts on Merrick kibble?

The 2012 - Amigos

Barked: Mon Mar 1, '10 5:07am PST 
I just bought a small bag of Merricks & Canidae to try something different and I have to say I'm pretty happy so far.
Not as pricey as I thought and nice selection.
Bought at Pet Supplies Plus which seems to have beefed up their selection of "better" dog foods.
We'll see how it goes a few weeks from now when the newness wears offbig grin

I only buy dry kibble and have been really unhappy with the Bil-Jac lately.
I know alot of people don't like BJ but it's the only food all 3 dogs agreed on that didn't cause problems.
However, I am tired of paying $50 for a bag of food and having the bottom quarter of the bag be nothing but powder.
Kinda hard to feed the boys powder!!
And yes, we've tried Blue Buffalo, Wellness,Halo, and many many others.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Pennsylvania Poodle Pups, Jan 13 6:04 am

Other Barks & Woofs > Stolen/lost German Shepherd-- Riverside, IL
The 2012 - Amigos

Barked: Fri Dec 4, '09 2:45am PST 
I'm not very far from Riverside and will keep my eyes open!
What a horrible thing to do!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by The 2012 Amigos, Dec 4 2:45 am

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.