Postings by Oakley's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 27: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Service & Therapy Dogs > Assistance Dog travel into Italy
Rest in- Paradise- Voltaire.- 1/1

Did somebody say- deer??

Barked: Tue Sep 10, '13 2:16pm PST 
They don't have to be "from a program" but just ADI certified.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Rest in Paradise Voltaire. 1/1, Sep 10 2:16 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > To Vest or Not to Vest?

Did somebody say- deer??

Barked: Sun Sep 8, '13 6:12pm PST 
You're going to get harassed a -lot- by having an unvested animal in a store. Business owners and managers will fight tooth and nail trying to say that your dog is not a SD and that it should be wearing identification. While not required by law they still don't want to hear it; the regular public will see this too and begin to think it's totally fine for them to take their dog in too.
Your dog is less "visible" to whom it may concern when in vest.
Dog in a vest= "oh that dog is allowed to be in here. No big deal then"

It's completely up to you but for your own sanity vest your dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Harley, SD, CGC, TDI, Oct 24 8:03 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > To Vest or Not to Vest?

Did somebody say- deer??

Barked: Sun Sep 8, '13 6:10pm PST 
You're going to get harassed a -lot- by having an unvested animal in a store. Business owners and managers will fight tooth and nail trying to say that your dog is not a SD and that it should be wearing identification. While not required by law they still don't want to hear it; the regular public will see this too and begin to think it's totally fine for them to take their dog in too.
Your dog is less "visible" to whom it may concern when in vest.
Dog in a vest= "oh that dog is allowed to be in here. No big deal then"

It's completely up to you but for your own sanity vest your dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Harley, SD, CGC, TDI, Oct 24 8:03 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Flying Southwest

Did somebody say- deer??

Barked: Sun Sep 8, '13 3:30pm PST 
that is so awesome! I'm glad you had a great experience!
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Lucy Ribeiro, Sep 24 2:03 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Assistance Dog travel into Italy

Did somebody say- deer??

Barked: Sun Sep 8, '13 7:36am PST 
I'm gathering information on making a trip to Italy and want to make sure I know all there is to know about the allowances of assistance dogs in that country as well as other laws surrounding pets and importing an any be it an assistance animal or otherwise. I've been to the Miusa website and learn a lot there but I'm having trouble finding import guidelines and the like. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Rest in Paradise Voltaire. 1/1, Sep 10 2:16 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Starting over???

Did somebody say- deer??

Barked: Sat Aug 17, '13 5:02am PST 
That's how I felt about Voltaire when I first got Wizzy frown
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Harley, SD, CGC, TDI, Aug 20 10:59 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > It finally happened.

Wizard SDIT

Barked: Sat Aug 17, '13 4:57am PST 
My SDiT was just accosted several times in Petsmart by what I believe was a "special" child. His mother tried (to no avail) to get him to calm down, to not speak so loudly, to stop approaching when a dog backs up, to not stick his face near a dog's mouth and to not get on the floor and wrap his arms around a dog and hug it...

Wizzy was uncomfortable but looked to me every time and got a treat for tolerating it. Now he thinks every child that approaches him wants to hug him, so I'm going to have to work with him on being comfortable around kids again and not having to worry about tolerating them.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Diesel, Oct 20 7:40 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > How Do I Make Contact With A Breeder?

Wizard SDIT

Barked: Fri Jul 26, '13 2:36pm PST 
It's best to go ta dog show ad speak to them in person, meet them and their dogs etc. I REALLY don't recommend getting on many waiting lists. Form a very personal bond with your breeder of choice and WAIT, patiently. You will be rewarded and the breeder will see you are very committed to getting a Borzoi and sharing your life with it. Putting yourself on many waiting lists make you seem flighty and that you want to pick the first one that becomes available
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jul 28 3:52 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Washout :( - Turning my SDiT into an ESA

Wizard SDIT

Barked: Sun Jul 14, '13 3:10pm PST 
Oh no! I'm so sorry that happened to him frown
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Charlie Chaplin, Jul 16 9:10 am

Grooming > Cannot find Therapet Tropical Rain Conditioner anywhere!

Did somebody say- deer??

Barked: Thu Jun 27, '13 2:03pm PST 
that's GREAT! Theres a 2.5 gallon on amazon???? Send me the link please!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Roman, Jun 27 5:32 pm

(Page 1 of 27: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.