Postings by Chester, A Springer Angel's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

Dog Health > Epitheliotropic Lymphoma
Chester, A- Springer- Angel

Is it time to- eat??!!

Barked: Thu Aug 22, '13 5:18pm PST 
I think anyone facing this terrible form of cancer has to do what they think is right. For us it was predn-i-sone and frequent medicated baths. I think Chester was happy until the very end, he had a wonderful spirit about him.

Many prayers go out to you and your family
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Aug 29 12:15 pm

Is it time to- eat??!!

Barked: Sat Jun 1, '13 8:22pm PST 
You are doing everything possible to keep her comfortable. Take solace in knowing that. We did the exact same for Chester and we think he did very well until the end. God Bless
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Aug 29 12:15 pm

Is it time to- eat??!!

Barked: Mon May 27, '13 10:29am PST 
I'm very sorry to hear that your Yorkie was also diagnosed with this terrible cancer. Chester took Prednesone (misspelled because Dogster won't allow the word for some reason but the second e should be an i) and he also had frequent medicated baths. We first noticed an issue in August of 2012 but we didn't get a definitive diagnosis until November of 2012. His cancer originated at his gum line. The cancer spread to his lymph nodes in March of 2013 and we lost him in April of 2013. It really is a terrible disease. I wish you the very best in keeping your precious little one as comfortable as possible. Every dog responds differently and I hope yours will respond very well to treatment.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Aug 29 12:15 pm

Is it time to- eat??!!

Barked: Sat Apr 27, '13 1:11pm PST 
little angel Chester lost the battle today to his cancer. Rest in peace my boy
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Aug 29 12:15 pm

Is it time to- eat??!!

Barked: Sat Mar 23, '13 6:28am PST 
After being initially diagnosed in November, unfortunately the cancer has now spread to the lymph nodes. I am now on an increased dosage of prednisone as we once again try and slow down further progression. This wasn't the news we had wanted but it has happened and now we are just trying to fight it.

I am doing OK at the moment but unfortunately this newest development is now the scariest of them all. Any and all prayers are appreciated.

Cheers,
Chester
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Aug 29 12:15 pm

Is it time to- eat??!!

Barked: Sat Jan 12, '13 1:09pm PST 
I'm so sorry to hear Laika lost the battle to cancer. It is such a terrible disease, and thank you so much for the information

Chester has been doing well so far. He started getting lesions on his skin but they weren't the cancer, they were infections from being on the prednisone. He is still on the prednisone to keep the cancer at bay but also antibiotics for the the skin infection. This seems to work well so far. His cancer is oral but it has not been spreading. Our vet feels when it does, it will be internally. We just hope it isn't any time soon. Right now we just enjoy the fact he seems OK. You just don't know what tomorrow brings.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Aug 29 12:15 pm

Is it time to- eat??!!

Barked: Wed Jan 2, '13 9:06am PST 
Happy New Year everyone. party

I'm still stable and the cancer doesn't seem to have spread so the new year is starting out fairly well. I am really enjoying the snow and making snow angels.

Laika, I would appreciate any info you have and TY. I'm very sorry to hear you are going through the same thing though.

Cheers,
Chester
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by , Aug 29 12:15 pm

Is it time to- eat??!!

Barked: Wed Dec 5, '12 8:13am PST 
Jocelyn, we don't have a copy of the biopsy report. We discussed some options with our vet when he went in yesterday and because of the nature of his cancer and the fact several previous attempts to figure out what was going on delayed diagnosis several months, we decided the best course of action is to just stay on the course with prednisone. She did show me how to check his lymph nodes so I can monitor it and we also discussed some of the signs to watch for if it is spreading. You can see the pic on my page of what it looks like, surgery was never an option. It has affected the entire gum line of the teeth. To be honest, it never struck me as cancer making the diagnosis hard to swallow. We had tried a few avenues including a dental to try and to solve the issue before sending in the tissue sample. I do realize the prognosis is poor but we are certainly doing what we can to make what time he has left, all quality. We also just purchased a comfy cone for him until we can get the skin infection under control.
[notify]
» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by , Aug 29 12:15 pm

Is it time to- eat??!!

Barked: Tue Dec 4, '12 8:02pm PST 
Took him in to the vet today because these spots started popping up all over the place. Either secondary to the cancer or from starting on the prednisone, he ended up with an infection. It is actually good news since it is treatable. They started him on antibiotics and medicated baths 3X a week. Hopefully he will feel relief from the skin irritations soon.
[notify]
» There has since been 25 posts. Last posting by , Aug 29 12:15 pm

Is it time to- eat??!!

Barked: Mon Dec 3, '12 9:06pm PST 
cry We're waiting to hear back from the vet. Since the diagnosis only a week ago, there are spots starting to appear in several areas of his back. The one he got just today is big, at least a silver dollar size of hair and skin gone. Hopefully the vet can direct us with some options to help the open areas of skin less bothersome to him. For the most part he doesn't bother them and never scratches them but the one today on the lower back looks like he licked it. I really hope the vet has some options for keeping him comfortable. Despite it all, he is still currently a very happy dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 27 posts. Last posting by , Aug 29 12:15 pm

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.