Postings by Noodle McDoglet-Stinkopotamus's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 26: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > It's been a month...
Noodle - McDoglet-Sti- nkopotamus

Roll with the- WIENER HERD

Barked: Sat Nov 30, '13 5:44pm PST 
I know how you feel. Today would have been my Noodle's 11th birthday, and he has been gone just over 2 months. Some days I am almost ok. Today was definitely harder. I have 2 other pups also, but it isn't the same. When I come home to their excited barks, my brain still adds in the sound of him barking too. I miss his smell and his snuggles and all his weird little noises. No other dog will ever be the same. My heart aches for your family too. Ignore the people who don't understand what it is like to truly love a dog with your whole heart, it is their loss, and they will never know the joys of it either.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Dec 3 7:21 pm

Dog Health > Mommy needs pet insurance advice!

Barked: Fri May 22, '09 11:27am PST 
VPI is the industry leader as far as they have been around the longest are are most likely to keep on surviving. That kind of reliability is most important to me.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Ellie, Aug 12 4:23 pm

Dog Health > Eye Stain Remedy - has anyone tried this??

Teyah Pie- O'Doodle-McB- arky

Je baiser mon- chien sur le- ventre

Barked: Wed Feb 25, '09 2:39pm PST 
buttermilk powder. add 1/2 tsp. to her food daily to reduce tear staining (do not add water, just add as powder). Won't eliminate them completely, but should help. I think the herbal eyewash sounds good too.

find powdered buttermilk in the baking aisle of your grocery store.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Bella, Mar 2 9:38 am

Dog Health > Are dog teeth supposed to look like this?

Barked: Wed Feb 25, '09 2:33pm PST 
looks like a malocclusion to me. don't worry hon, I have one too. maybe lots of dachshies do I dunno...

-Noo
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Noodle McDoglet-Stinkopotamus, Feb 25 2:33 pm

Dog Health > DOGSTERS PLEASE READ!! HELP! DENTAL GONE BAD!!!

Barked: Wed Feb 25, '09 2:28pm PST 
I want to know who they are letting clean your teeth. Sounds like whoever didn't have any decent training. Not just anybody can do it and they cannot possibly be doing it right if it only took 15 minutes. To get the dog prepped and under anesthesia takes longer than that. Charting the teeth - one of the most important steps, could take longer than that unless they are having someone chart while the other person cleans. I think that there are some issues for sure at that vet office and I for one would never let them touch my pets, as I am sure you won't ever again.

I am so sorry that this happened to you! It makes me so angry! People like that give decent LICENSED, REGISTERED and CERTIFIED vet techs a bad name!

(our 2 angry dachshunds are symbolically peeing on your bad vet office for hurting you)

-noodie
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Dylan aka Dilly, Feb 25 4:33 pm

Dog Health > Removing ticks, is this method crazy?

Barked: Wed Feb 25, '09 2:18pm PST 
In parasitology they told us the only safe method was to grasp as close to the skin as possible (use tweezers or wear gloves) and pull straight back, no twisting. That way you are more likely to get the head out. If you leave the head behind it is more likely to get irritated (the dog, not the tick) and inflamed in that spot. I have these really cool magnified tweezers with a light on the end that work great.

Alcohol - requires ten minutes or MORE of contact time to be able to kill any bacteria. It's probably one of the world's least effective disinfectants. Rubbing anything with rubbing alcohol basically helps remove surface dirt and oil only, not anything pathogenic. So when they swipe you with that wipe at the doc's office to take blood or give you a shot - it's basically just to make you feel better, it doesn't really kill anything.

And you should never put alcohol in an open wound - cut or scrape, it basically dries out the wounded tissue (which is bad) and can seal IN bacteria.

For open cuts or scrapes it is safer to use iodine unless your pet has an allergy.

And if you remove a tick ALWAYS save it in a plastic baggie. Put a label on it with the date and time you removed it from your dog. That way if your dog gets sick later, the vet or pathologist has something more to go on than it was just a tick bite. Different species of ticks can transmit different diseases. The tick can usually be identified under a microscope and that will help the vet narrow down diagnoses for your pup.

And most of the time (this is not a hard and fast rule) ticks have to be attached for 24-48 hours to transmit disease. Never squeeze them because that can force infected blood back into the dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Carly, Feb 27 7:16 am

Food & Nutrition > a good Wal-Mart food

Barked: Thu Sep 25, '08 12:17pm PST 
Gaack. You couldn't pay me to use purina (ANY of the purina brands) with my dogs or my cat. The kitty is new and he is used to Sci Die (ick) so I am going to keep him on that for the first month while he adjusts to being with us. He has had lots of allergy problems, particularly with soy, so any changes we make will be very very slow and gradual, but I think if I can afford it he will be on Wellness or Natural Balance asap.
[notify]
» There has since been 49 posts. Last posting by Boston, Sep 30 1:24 pm

Food & Nutrition > a good Wal-Mart food

Barked: Wed Sep 24, '08 4:13pm PST 
Don't get me started on the new Rachel Ray crappy treats and dog food. Just another prime example of someone using someone else's celebrity as a selling tool. I picked up a bag of these to look at in the pet store last weekend and immediately put them back on the shelf.

Just to be fair - the dry dog treats aren't bad but the semisoft ones - well shame on her corporation/organization for not apparently doing any research into what constitutes quality, healthy and good for a dog (vs. corn, artificial preservatives and crap fillers and coloring etc) before allowing some idiot manager to slap her name and face on a product. The truly scandalous thing is that they are claiming the new food and treats are healthy and good! Here's a snippet from the 'Nutrish' beef and rice dry kibble bag:

Brewers Rice
Corn Meal
Soybean Meal
Animal Fat
(unspecified animal fat means it can come from ANYWHERE, GROSS!! taking something nasty and then trying to justify it by saying it's preserved with mixed tocopherols (vitamin E) is like putting icing on poo, it still doesn't make it less gross.)
Corn Gluten Meal
Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (toxic form of Vitamin K NOT ALLOWED IN HUMAN FOOD)

That's what they call good nutrition and quality ingredients with no fillers? Gimme a break! What do they think brewer's rice, corn meal, corn gluten and soybean meal are?

It's distressing particularly because she has some really nice sounding homemade recipes you can make for your dog on her website that are full of good stuff - then the commercialized treats come out with her name/face/cute dog picture on them, and surprise surprise, reading the ingredients is appalling. More disturbing is that I am sure lots of her rabid fans will snap them right up without thinking to bother looking into what's in them - because if Rachel is endorsing them, they must be ok, right?

I'll say this, she ain't no Paul or Nell Newman, that's for sure. There's an obvious difference between selling something good for pets and making an effort to deliver a quality treat vs. slapping a celeb picture on something for a slice of the blue-collar-celebrity-worshipping market for a little $$$.

At least some of the profits from these gross things are going to help animals...
[notify]
» There has since been 61 posts. Last posting by Boston, Sep 30 1:24 pm

Dachshund > Happy birthdaaaaaay to meeeeee

Teyah Pie- O'Doodle-McB- arky

Je baiser mon- chien sur le- ventre

Barked: Wed Apr 23, '08 8:12am PST 
kissez to all my doxie and non-doxie friends, and thank you for the well-wishes!

Tay (2 years old today!!)
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Apr 23 3:33 pm

Dog Health > ProDen PlaqueOff

Barked: Mon Apr 21, '08 4:10pm PST 
If you want a dental supplement or cleaner I would try either petalive.com (Oral Health Mouth Spray and Gumz-n-Teeth supplement) or www.lebalab.com (Leba III mouth cleansing spray) or Wysong's Dentatreat (wysong.net). Most good cleaners use beneficial enzymes to clean the mouth and teeth even for doggies that resist brushing. I trust that Wysong is a very reputable natural company, and have used petalive for lots of other remedies but the one I am most anxious to try is the Leba III from Leba Labs because one of my friends has used it to good success with her goldens. Good luck to you!

_nood_
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Beau, Apr 24 11:23 am

(Page 1 of 26: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.