Postings by Sarge's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 424: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > The Mitey Mitey Buh-ens Party!
Sarge

Loving

Barked: Fri Apr 18, '14 1:54am PST 
Thank you for the wonderful wishes and messages and pictures! Such a sweet group of friends!

Tom's mom has to have a procedure today, has had 2 so far and all clear. She is in ICU - I already sent a post but it got bounced I guess. Also saw Aunt Jo before we knew all this was going on with his mother and took a little flower arrangement to her.

Anniemom hoping your wrist is better. Friends of the boys got engaged, live near Houston. Her brother's wedding was last year and we went to that.

Flickamom, the vine cutting does not sound easy to do. Love the vineyards near Niagara on the Lake - so much to do, they have things going on there.

Endocrinologist follow up this morning. Hugs big hug to all!
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 6:16 pm

Abby Grace

It's a Wonderful- World

Barked: Thu Apr 17, '14 10:03am PST 
snoopyhamster danceblue dogkissingbig hugflowers Thank you for my partywishes Wishes!! cheerhappy dancedog walk

I had a tiny cupcake and so did Sarge - and we both got a toy, too! woohoo blue dog
lots of fun!

Birthday dinner was very nice and alot to eat, as Italian places seem to be. Then the comedy show was fun and we had desert there. A very nice birthday and a little change from what we usually.

Sun is out but it is cold. Guess some people are off tomorrow from work, Tom is and will play golf, he said.

Tom's mother bleeding and having a colonoscopy and CAT scan, I think. She won't be coming here to stay, probably a rehab after the hospital, depending on what is found.

Went grocery shopping and have Easter things all set. I am making a green bean casserole, deviled eggs and my mother's raisin sauce. Tom will make his mac and cheese and we have Tex Mex corn and rolls, relish tray. JoAnn, Fran's wife, making lemon merange pie. Her mother is coming to eat as she did for Thanksgiving.

Hugs to all flowersflowers for being sweet friends kissing
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 6:16 pm

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Wed Apr 16, '14 9:32am PST 
flowerskissingbig hug Thank you all for my wishes big hugflowerskissinghamster dance We are going to an old time Buffalo Spaghetti House - Chef's, sons are taking us and then to the Comedy Club downtown. So it will be nice to eat out there, been years. They were wonderful to all during the Blizzard, took them in and feed everyone who came and spent the night (Chef's)

I didn't realize Annie had Heartworm and imagein that was scary, but glad that she didn't have problems with the treatment. I am staying on the 6 month regime as it gets cold here by October usually. The way it is, could be cold all the next six months big laughbig laugh!

Weather really plays a part in all we do, and sorry that you aren't cutting the vines today, but maybe you need a rest. Been a busy month for you with visitors, even when enjoyable, and change of routine.

Tom's mother in hospital - not surprising. He went this morning Ann called at 7:30. We were going to have breakfast and just were talking about it. I said I would rather eat fish fry on Friday after my endocrinologist appt. than breakfast today - and the phone rang.

Thanks again for being there for all of us - and we are lucky to have each other hug
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 6:16 pm

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Tue Apr 15, '14 9:05am PST 
Hi all, Hanna, glad you are feeling better and mom got her sleep! We never took Rocky to training classes, he was such a mild dog and really was off leash at the UB and woods within a year or so, wanted to be with you and would run and play but right back. So different as with people, personalities. Abby went 2 times, and it did help her and we loved the classes and instructor. Your Olive Garden sounds yummy - never tried that but will look at it next time we go there.

Flickamom, the vet tech said the same yesterday after Sarge had HW bloodwork - that the treatment for it is arsenic and terrible. Plus with all the rain and snow we have had, there are tons of those things around already. So I will do it for the 6 months as we normally do. Your vine cutting sounds fun!

Going to eat in a minute but I didn't get to write this morning, it's been busy with phone calls and my sil is bringing her mom to Easter dinner here, as she did for Turkey Day. I'll call and invite her too. We went to SteinMart and to Dicks. I got a light weight jacket for the running. Last night was first night and a deluge but everyone still went - only 2 miles, so didn't take long. Lots met up for pizza after, I came home.

His mother is filled with lonelimess I think and doesn't want to give in to move with her daughter or us. Not saying she doesn't hurt, but has been to all sorts of doctors, prescriptions, and now to GYM. The week we were all busy with the antiques, not a pain in the world, so that's my feeling on it. When Ann goes to TX she will be here for a week or so - we'll see more then. No one likes to be alone, but giving up their home and independence, I know is not easy.

Lots of flowers blooming now - looks pretty! We have snow now - crazy weather. Didn't see the eclipse last night, just a full moon.
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 6:16 pm

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Mon Apr 14, '14 2:20am PST 
Thank you for the roses, Maiyah, they are lovely. Wishing blessings at Passover to all who observe. Tom brought his palms from church. A church I belonged to for years used to make a cross with the palms to give.

Glad that little Hanna is feeling better and you got some sleep. We sure have our worries with our babies. That is such a cute picture of them playing. Our neighbors have 2 black labs and a fence that sits up high but there are flower beds along it so Abby rubs along the fence when she hears them outside! So glad to see that my bulbs are blooming, finally.

Flickamom, cannot imagine it is already the Tornado season and so hot there. It is warm here, but talking of snow tomorrow. I remember the Vit. D information and it is pretty common deficiency, evidentally. Sure that you are enjoying your Green Men and the memories of the two nice visits with Nancy and the Artists.

Paw Park clean up went well, alot done. Then one of the people invited us for pizza at their house, so that was a treat. Tom had gone to his mother's to do some raking and fix the shed lock - she is having pain again, I said they should ask why not do an MRI - cannot live on Cipro. She will be 91 in a few weeks. His sister was there, lives around the corner.

Well, today I will have Sarge's heartworm bloodwork done this morning, but may not give the heartworm. The friend at the vet's said she does the test, but not the meds. Saw a few misquitoes, so I wonder should I do it this year? Just worry at his age with the chemicals from the flea meds, the hw and also antibiodics from his fur loss. Plus started on Rymdahl for arthritus.

Luna Chix starts tonight, will be a large group which dwindles down as the weeks go by.

Thanks for the wishes for Boscoe, they is hurting. Terrible cancer, seems so prevalent in our precious ones, human and furs.
[notify]
» There has since been 24 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 6:16 pm

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Sun Apr 13, '14 6:15am PST 
Hoping that Hanna is better today and her tummy has calmed down. Poor sweetheart. I hate when they don't feel well.

I give Abby a Pepcid AC - our vet said it was ok, to settle her stomach. She has a very 'iffy' digestive system.

Just reading the postings now. Yesterday was crazy and this week will be something every day.

Hoping that you are feeling ok, Flickamom, and helped with the vines.

Tom is to his mother's to do some work there, and I have the Dog Park clean up at 10 - 1 today. First time this year. We are behind about a month from last year.

Rocky's buddy, Boscoe, will cross to the Rainbow Bridge today, he has bone cancer they found in January.

Has anyone noticed the pages are goofy - they don't come up normally as a page, but scrolling down to get to the information.

Our crocus are up and looking pretty. Forgot I planted in the sidewalk beds last fall.

Hugs for all to feel better big hugflowersbig hug
[notify]
» There has since been 29 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 6:16 pm

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Sat Apr 12, '14 3:09am PST 
morning all, I am to take Vit. D capsules, and try to when I remember. Now that the sun is out more, and we'll all be outside. Paw Park clean up is tomorrow - lots to be done over there. They are having the 'gym' class outside today, I think.

Glad you saw a Sarge look alike, Anniemom! Whenever I see pretty goldens and the heelers and black flat coated retrievers, I think they are our Dogster buddies at the park. They are all coming out of hibernation and enjoying the warmer weather and no wind. Tom went to hit golf balls yesterday.

Flickamom, how are you enjoying the vine clipping? Hope you will have some of the end result, in months to come! We take a beautiful ride through the Niagara Wine Country every year, on our way to Lewiston. And usually stop at one of the wineries on the way home. Got some yummy jelly there, too, last year. The conditions must be right as there are many along the escarpment.

Rob had a physical yesterday with the doctor - finally his insurance is in place.

My dentist also works at Roswell, which I didn't know til yesterday. He loosened the 'flipper' and it is fine, was so tight before.

Talked to 'uncle Frank' he is on water pills and slipped going to the bathroom but said no breaks, only the hard wood floor hurts. The carpet they took up for his walker. He feels pretty good and is getting his flowers to plant in the pots on his terrace. They are ahead of us in seasons.

Have Easter dinner here and will take a plate to Aunt Jo. She can come to eat but is hard for her to 'walk' and getting worse. We go to Dent Neuro in June, but I think next step is a wheelchair.

How is the P4P group doing now - I haven't been there in a week. So many emails, I unsubscribed to alot of them. You order or inquire and get on their list - annoying.

Have a wonderful day flowers all - dog walk
[notify]
» There has since been 33 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 6:16 pm

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Fri Apr 11, '14 2:38am PST 
Love the Green Men! They are perfect and what a wonderful way to enjoy your friends and have a memory of their visit!

That's lucky Jay was there to bring you home. Enjoy working on the vines today and hope the weather is nice.

Sounds like a peaceful day for Hanna, and Abby and Sarge love the deck, just to sit out and enjoy the sun. Glad Jay just had the routine dental appt. I am getting to be a regular at our dentist last few days.

It was beautiful here yesterday and finally didn't need a jacket. Sarge had his annual physical on Wed. and was good. We aren't doing heartworm this year. It is a very low rate here, and he is on enough meds.

Also, been fooling with this 'flipper' - it didn't fit right went to dds on Wed. afternoon and have appt. for this morning. The next 3 weeks are busy here with appts. and Easter dinner here, only a few coming though. Working on the paw park on Sunday.

Didn't see Ernie's birthday listed, so I sent a gift over. partypartywishes Ernie wishesparty and the Dogster pages were weird that day, so hope it got there.

Looking forward to a nice summer. Tom has the yard looking wonderful and lots of leaves gone yesterday with the pickup refuse.

The neighbor's house, our older friends who are in Florida now - a pipe burst in the Kitchen and flooded. Their sons are able to repair and had to take out the drywall and cabinets. They are the family that started the gymnastics place and the sons still run it.

Have a good Friday wave
[notify]
» There has since been 37 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 6:16 pm

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Wed Apr 9, '14 4:54am PST 
morning all, took the dental flipper in and they said if I wanted to take to the Lab, probably could repair it today snoopy and added extra wire in the tooth. So, that was Great and not far from the office. Unfortunately, needs to be adjusted so that will be done today, but they were wonderful about trying to do it in one day.

Stopped at Tom's mother's house, she may stay here a week when daughter Ann goes to Texas, we have stairs so don't know. Tom thinks it will work out.

Sarge to vet for blood work for heartworm and nail trim this morning.

Rained all day yesterday, as if the lawns are not mud enough.

Flickamom, glad your visitors were there - post pics of the green men?

Anniemom, love to take walks when it is not miserable out. Glad your dental work will be done on schedule.

Maiyah, we don't like rain on our walks either, not fun. How was Grandma's birthday?

Have a good day all - hoping P4P will be working ok, he has done so much to make it a nice place.
[notify]
» There has since been 44 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 6:16 pm

Sarge

Loving

Barked: Mon Apr 7, '14 11:13am PST 
All is well here, just time get's away from me. I lost the tooth off my 'flipper' and have to go tomorrow AM to see if I need a new one or can they fix this one - look really great with a front side tooth missing - no smiles happy dance .

Flickamom glad you have your A/C repaired and you need it there. We could get by w/o it here, and as Anniemom said, we never had it any house except this one and also at schools in the old days - or church. It was just fans. My dad worked for Westinghouse and we had a window model in one of our bedrooms in the 60's - the tv room as it was called. I remember getting a cold washcloth and putting on my head. Your heat is quite different than ours here, of course. Hope the visitors had a good time while there and you dinner sounds wonderful!

Anniemom, when is your Crown Repair for DDS - how did Jim make out with his appt.
I am seeing the PA in June to have the keratosis removed on my hairline - it is awful looking now that it turned dark, and I am not a vain person but it is where I comb my hair too.

Going to lay down for an hour and then gym at 4:00. Walked Abby this morning, Tom got alot of yard work done past 2 days.
way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 50 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Today 6:16 pm

(Page 1 of 424: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.