Postings by Willow's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 50: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > My Shih Tzu won't eat
Willow

Barked: Mon Apr 14, '14 6:35pm PST 
I agree that you probably should do some tests to see if there is something else going on. Have you tried putting canned beans, yogurt, shredded carrots or pumpkin on the top of the kibble? It is frustrating when they get so finicky. You mention that you are wasting money by throwing the food away. May I make a suggestion that most pet stores will take back the food even if the bag has been opened and you do not have a receipt, they will give you in store credit. You can also donate it to a shelter and write it off your taxes. Good luck.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Willow, Mon 6:35 pm

Dog Health > Funky smell
Willow

Barked: Thu Apr 10, '14 12:00pm PST 
I would suggest taking him to the vet to have them check him out. Eating bark and thistle and such is really not good for them. Stomach may be acting up thus the smell. Best of luck. Let us know what you find out.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Kali, Wed 3:23 pm

Food & Nutrition > Large breed puppy... rotation?

Willow

Barked: Thu Apr 10, '14 11:04am PST 
Make sure that you blend the formulas when you switch them and also make sure that the phosphorus/calcium ratios are right in the Large Breed formulas you have chosen. This ratio is very important for large breed dogs bones and joints. Good luck.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Willow, Apr 10 11:04 am

Food & Nutrition > Barry's bites fresh homemade treats

Willow

Barked: Thu Apr 10, '14 10:59am PST 
Thanks for the tip, I will look in to them. Always looking for new treats for Willow.
[notify]
» There has since been -1 posts. Last posting by Willow, Apr 10 10:59 am

Dog Health > akitas coat

Willow

Barked: Tue Apr 8, '14 12:04am PST 
First off I am sorry to hear that your dog is having skin issues. It could be a food allergy or even the shampoos you are using. What are you feeding your dog? Willow goes to a groomer whom I interviewed to make sure she could cut her hair the way I would like to see it. I have never had any problems with Willows groomer and she loves Katie. When you groom your dog, have you nicked the skin. How did the irritation begin? I know a lot of questions.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Apr 8 6:26 am

Dog Health > Mast cell Tumor
Willow

Barked: Mon Apr 7, '14 11:58pm PST 
I do not know about this kind of cancer either but if you are unsure what the vet is telling you, then I would recommend you get another opinion. Make sure you have all the facts before you make a decision. Best of luck with your baby.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Kloppers, Apr 8 6:38 pm

Food & Nutrition > Treats/ chews for clean teeth

Willow

Barked: Fri Mar 28, '14 5:55pm PST 
My dog chews her regular size Greenies slowly so she does get the benefit by using her natural chewing action to help fight both plaque and tartar buildup from the surface of her teeth. You are right that if your dog is a gulper she/he will not get the full benefits of the scraping action to help remove the plaque and tartar by using Greenies. Toothbrush cleaning is one of the best ways to have great oral health for your dog. I also brush her teeth. She also gets a Dentley's Stuffed Knuckle Bone Dog Treat. They are made in the USA and I buy them at Petsmart for about $8 each. They last a long time and they definitely help her teeth. Highly digestible.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Willow, Mar 28 5:55 pm

Food & Nutrition > Puppy Food

Willow

Barked: Wed Mar 26, '14 7:13pm PST 
I would switch to adult but blend in the left over puppy food with the adult food so you can use it up. It will not hurt and yes puppy food does have higher protein content for their growth.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Mar 28 12:34 pm

Food & Nutrition > My dog will not eat any brand of food

Willow

Barked: Wed Mar 26, '14 7:10pm PST 
I am sorry you are having a problem with getting your dog to eat. It is hard to transition from the scraps to a good kibble formula. You can also try canned green beans with the liquid over the kibble, yogurt, shredded carrots, pumpkin, cottage cheese are a few that come to mind that have helped some of my friends dogs eat there kibble. Also a good wet food. Have you tried fish as a kibble protein or venison? Good luck and let us know if you find a solution.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Noah, Mar 31 7:16 pm

Food & Nutrition > Treats? Chews?
Willow

Barked: Sat Jun 1, '13 12:16am PST 
Kally sorry to hear about one of you dogs possibly having issues with Greenies as they are a good treat. Mya and Willow eat one a day. They have natural sources of anioxidants to promote a healthy immune system as well as natural source of dieatary fiber for digestibility. Veteranary Oral Health Council approved. Help remove plaque and tartar and reduce bad breath.

Let us know what happens after your dog has been off them for awhile. Hopefully they will be able to use them again.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Milton, Jun 7 8:11 am

(Page 1 of 50: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.