Postings by Cocoa Chanel's Family

GO!

Behavior & Training > Training question. Please help!

Cocoa Chanel

The Sheriff of- Westcity Terrace

Barked: Mon Jan 21, '13 12:18pm PST 
Arch you're absolutely right on the nose. She is clicker trained. I guess my downfall was by training her to the clicker, I was prompted to reward right away instead of waiting a while to make sure she had the behavior down. She's two and will be three in March. (I need to start looking for a cake recipe now!) But with all the new ideas, I'm grateful to everyone and I'm going to start today. I'll keep you posted on what we achieve. I just don't want to spend more money on trainers that are going to tell me she's a lost cause, b/c then I'm out of more money and still have the behavior. And if it comes down to the wire, I'll just keep her the way she is and avoid those situations altogether.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jan 21 1:45 pm

Behavior & Training > Training question. Please help!
Cocoa Chanel

The Sheriff of- Westcity Terrace

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 9:38pm PST 
So i have a bichon and a maltipoo. My bichon is overly anxious and impatient. When I tell them to sit she will sit for a few seconds but after that she gets antsy and starts going thru all the tricks I've taught her just to get my attention. My maltipoo is you get than her and I'm scared he's gonna pick up her antics. For the moment tho he's more patient. I'm wondering how to combat this now. I want them to be well trained pooches. Another thing my bichon does is get crazy when another dog is around. She doesn't do it like she's trying to get to the dog to fight its more like she's trying to get over to play with the dog. I know some dogs would take that as aggression and me myself I preferred that she didn't act that way. I'll try removing her from the situation walking the other way and actually standing still and Trying to get her attention in other ways and still she behaves that way. I've had dog trainers work with her and I'm think starting to think that she's just going to remain that way. Please help. I want a courteous dog!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jan 21 1:45 pm

Behavior & Training > He's skittish!

King

The King of the- House

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 6:41pm PST 
This is from my Mommy: Please help me!!! I've tried everything now. I've had King since Sept. I also have a bichon named Cocoa. She's spoiled rotten more so to the point that if she wants to be petted, she'll move your hand so that it is positioned on her back so you are fulfilling her wish. But King on the other hand is quite the opposite. He'll lay by my feet, follow me from room to room and do the same but if I bend down to pick him up he runs. When he first comes out his cage all he wants is to be in my arms, and sometimes when we've walked for a while, he'll try to get me to pick him up, but I can't keep trying to chase the lil booger around. How can I have an effective training session with him if I can't get him to come near me....or if I have to search high and low for him? He's fast as lightning! I've tried putting a leash on him in order to be able to find where he's run off to and I've also tried walking them both twice a day so that way they get more exercise and more time with me, but he still won't come to me voluntarily unless I'm eating or getting in bed. I'm at my wits ends. I know that I'm not trained in dog handling, because otherwise I wouldn't be having this problem, but it makes me wonder what I'm doing wrong besides excpecting some kinda results after 4 months. Please if anyone can offer some guidance, I'm willing to try it. I'm always open to a new technique. TIA!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by King, Jan 14 6:41 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.