Postings by Envy's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Dog Health > Yellow Mucus Vomit
Envy

Being a sinner- is so much fun

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 3:38pm PST 
Have you had him tested for acid reflux? Just a suggestion as the mucous could in fact be acid.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Envy, Jan 14 3:38 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > Finding Rudy
Zane

Slobber that- only a mother- can love!!

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 3:20pm PST 
I feel like a butt...

For some reason I totally misread a few things and misunderstood something. My apologies.

I wanted to correct myself. red face
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Rudy, Apr 23 2:57 am

Dog Health > Excessive Drinking & Urination

Envy

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 11:41am PST 
I was thinking the same as Bunny. Any news on how your pup is doing?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Scooter, PAWS , Jan 14 6:01 am

Dog Health > Diarrhea

Envy

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '13 7:28pm PST 
Has he been tested for IBS or IBD? I would switch to a fish protein to see if it clears up, maybe add some plain yogurt to help his digestion or if he is already on a food that has probiotics in it, but I would try a limited food or fish protein. Is he on grain free?

Since it's about every 2-3 months have you tried seeing if there is an anxiety trigger? When is your city water treated? There are soooo many different possibilities. I would sit down and write a list of things you could start doing or eliminating to see if it clears up on a more permanent basis.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Tessie, Jan 22 9:53 am

Puppy Place > 4 month old Newfoundland puppy..... when to get him neutered?

Zane

Barked: Tue Jan 8, '13 6:06pm PST 
Zane is 3 and 205lbs, he will be going in to get neutered in March. I also have a 13 month old min pin male who is going to be neutered next month. I generally wait until my dogs have reached full growth maturity before neutering if i'm going to neuter.

I wasn't going to neuter at all but I am bringing home a female Boston Terrier in a week and I really don't want puppies roaming the house. I can and have been a responsible owner this entire time, always keeping an eye on my dogs, but with 3 dogs and 4 kids I feel like the best option for my busy household is to have everyone spayed/neutered.

Being a responsible owner is not always about being able to watch your dogs like a hawk 24/7, but it's also knowing your limits with what you can and cannot handle. And just because you may feel like you cannot handle an intact dog does not make you a bad dog owner either.

Wishing you and Aslan the best of luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Feb 14 8:38 am

Food & Nutrition > Confession time. What's the worst snack/food thing you'll still give your dog?
Envy

Barked: Tue Jan 8, '13 5:47pm PST 
Cheese, peanut butter, whipped cream from the can, t-bonez dog treats, rawhides..the list really goes on lol. Treats are not used here very often at all so I don't really bother to buy them anything special.
[notify]
» There has since been 34 posts. Last posting by Murphy, Jan 22 4:22 pm

Grooming > Stopping the itchies!!

Zane

Barked: Tue Jan 8, '13 3:49pm PST 
I have a 3 year old Saint Bernard who has an issue with constantly itching and chewing...both in the summer and winter months. I do bathe him about once a month as I thought at first that I was over bathing him, and it really made no difference. I thought too that it was a food allergy,after an elimination diet and removing Chicken entirely from his diet, he did stop itching and chewing for about 8 months, then he was back at it. He itches so much he has sores, scabs and slight hair loss. My vet seems to think it's a flea allergy because I am using Petarmor, and the fleas have to bite the dog in order to be killed by the product, which does basically no good for Zane. I will be switching flea preventatives once my petarmor reserves run out.

In the meantime...Is there a method, shampoo, vitamin, medication ANYTHING I can do to ease the itching for more than an hour? Benedryl is a no go because at 205lbs...he has to damn near take the entire bottle. I will wash him daily if I need to...I just want to find him long term relief, or maybe something I can add to the topical flea preventative to help keep the fleas off of him? I'm really looking for anything.

He is a rough coat(Long hair)Saint, I have had to shave him last summer because our A/C broke for 3 days when the temp was over 100 degrees. I do not shave him on a regular basis.

Thanks in advance!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by PE's Autumn On Fire, Jan 17 8:12 pm

Dog Health > Allergies or not?

Zane

Barked: Tue Jan 8, '13 3:39pm PST 
Guest member- He is already on lamb, he is on a 100% chicken free TOTW kibble and has been for a year or so now, and he still continues to itch and chew. I won't do home cooked meals honestly, per my research before switching to raw feeding had shown that home cooked dogs need a lot of supplements, and I got through A LOT of fish oil capsules and vitamins as it is, Zane weighs in at 205lbs.

Bella(?)- My other Saint had allergies as well, but his were pretty easy to diagnose and get control of once we did find out what it was. Loki had an allergy to fleas and it would take 1 flea bite and he would itch, bleed, scab and break out into hives, it was crucial that I made sure he didn't get fleas.

Everyone else- I am taking Zane in to have a skin scrape done, my vet is going to test for both demo and sarcoptic mange before we do any allergy testing. He is also going to test his thyroid as well. I NEED to find out what the cause is before the 17th of this month, I have Envy(My boston puppy) coming home then, and I would hate her to get mange if that's what it really is.

I will keep everyone updated on this topic. Thank you so much for the replies.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Zane, Jan 8 3:39 pm

Food & Nutrition > TOTW or Nature's Veriety Instinct?

Envy

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 11:50am PST 
I honestly like TOTW. I mean i'm semi torn because of the recalls, but a lot of good foods have had recalls, and any food for that matter can. I like TOTW because Zane has a chicken allergy and I can buy the Sierra Mountain "flavor" and not have to worry about it having any poultry. I feed all 4 of my cats TOTW and all 3 dogs, and everyone does extremely well on it. I do soak my min pin's food only because the kibble is pretty hard and big for him to chew. I think for the price, TOTW is a great food. I pay $26 for a 15lb bag of cat food and $42 for a 30lb bag of dog food. I go through a bag of cat food once a month and a bag of the dog food twice a month...but again I feed a 200lb dog on top of my 2 little dogs.

TOTW does make a puppy food as well.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by wynter louise, Jan 8 3:00 pm

Dog Health > Allergies or not?
Zane

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 11:39am PST 
A little back history first..

Zane is a 2 1/2 year old Saint Bernard. He was fed raw from 8 weeks up until he was a year and a half old. He was using Chicken as his predominant source of protein. After a while( A year old) he started itching like crazy, sores started showing up and scabs started forming etc..So we decided to switch to kibble and we went with TOTW's Sierra Mountain Canine as it contains NO chicken or poultry for that matter, as we were wanting to rule out a chicken allergy.

It helped for the first 8 weeks or so, and then he was back to itching, not as bad...but he has hair loss(slight) itching to the extent of bleeding sores and scabs again. He has sensitive area's on his sides that he itches, especially when you touch him. He also licks and chews his feet constantly.

I'm starting to wonder if this is either another allergy on top of a chicken allergy, or if it was never a chicken allergy to begin with and maybe it is something Environmental? We use both topical flea stuff (petarmor) and diatamacious(sp) Earth. He is bathed with an oatmeal bath twice a month, and does get shaved during the summer as it gets over 100 degrees here.

I don't know how else to rule out allergies besides a skin test, so any information would be great. He has a vet's appointment to test for mange next week.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Zane, Jan 8 3:39 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.