Postings by Stella's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

Dog Laws & Legislation > Finding Rudy
Rudy

Don't let- anything come- between you

Barked: Tue Apr 23, '13 2:57am PST 
Can't go into details right now but I can honestly say I feel closer to getting Rudy back. Made a few phone calls and sent some emails. I've also ran into people whose dogs were stolen and even though it
s been a few months or year in some cases they refuse to stop looking. A Bassett hound who had been separated from her owner for 10 years was reunited not too long ago, and she remembered him and everything. Stories like that give me hope and prove you CAN come home again!

"Let me go home! I'm just too far from where you are, I got to go home. Oh I miss you, you know." "It'll all be all right, I'll be home tonight. I'm coming back home!" lyrics from 'Home' by Michael Buble.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Rudy, Apr 23 2:57 am

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > A little venting about Online Attitudes
Stella

I'm from Broken- Bow, we don't- play that!

Barked: Wed Feb 13, '13 11:30pm PST 
I get what you mean by this. I've been on Yahoo! Answers before and years ago the pet section used to be decent, now people are getting chewed out in the dog category. It's pretty messed up and these people are either unaware or ignore the site's terms of use and such and that what they post is against the rules.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Opheila, Feb 27 6:51 pm

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Dog characters in TV & movies

Stella

Barked: Thu Feb 7, '13 12:44am PST 
That's messed up.

I've been around Dobermans before and they're nice dogs.

I had heard Rottweilers were mean but they're actually one of the sweetest breeds in the mastiff family.

I had wanted a husky because, yes I had seen a movie with them in it. Then when I learned just how energetic they were I changed my mind, though I have seen and met some pups that were very laid back. Still I notice huskies in films either have an american or french accent when they. I've hardly heard anyone doing a Russian accent since the breed orginated in Siberia.

One breed I noticed that gets stereo-typed are Poodles. They're often portrayed as been posh, snooty and having french accents. I've met a lot of poodles and they are actually a highly intelligent breed.

I met a standard poodle puppy about a month ago, very cute and friendly, she also got along well with other dogs. Also the Poodle's ancestors have been traced back to Germany, the french just made them famous.

There's a film called Mist the Story of a Sheepdog Puppy. The dogs do talk but the movie is shot in a documentary style, so the dogs behave like any normal working or pet dog. The border collies in the film all live on a farm in Scotland.

One thing though about movies or TV shows that have a dog show scene is that they have either 4 or 6 dogs competing for best in show. At a real show like Westminster or the AKC/Eukanuba tournement of champions, there'd be 7 dogs, one per group: Working, Herding, Sporting, Non-Sporting, Toy, Hound and Terrier.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Colt, Feb 12 5:31 pm

Puppy Place > Question about puppy not eating kibble?

Stella

Barked: Wed Jan 23, '13 11:48am PST 
For about a week now my sister's puppy hasn't really been eating her kibble. She'll pick through it and eat the canned food but not the kibble.

The only way she eats it is out of my hand.

I've tried heating it up with water and give her less canned food. I've even tried a different brand.

She's 11 months old.

Doesn't act sick or lathargic and there's nothing wrong with her teeth.

Anything I can do to get her to eat it?
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Stella, Jan 23 11:48 am

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Dog characters in TV & movies

Stella

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 11:10pm PST 
That's true not all dogs chase cats, birds or other animals.

Look at Homeward Bound.

Now that I think about one reason I liked those movies so much was because it showed the dogs and cat behaving like they normally would at home minus from the talking part.

While looking on Netflix I came across an animated movie called Roadside Romeo, it was about a dog who once lived with wealthy owners and was later dumped on the streets in India after being left in the care of his owner's butler.

One of the things a viewer wasn't big on was that the dogs mostly walked upright on their hindlegs.

Granted dogs can stand and walk on their hindlegs but not for long periods of time like humans.

I was never big on movies or TV shows where in scenes when dogs and cats are around humans they walk on all fours but when they're alone they walk upright on two legs.

Anyone heard of Dog with a Blog?

It airs on Disney channel.

I sort of like the idea of a dog having his own blog since many people set up facebook and twitter accounts for their pets.

Even Uggie, the Jack Russell from The Artist has a fan page on facebook.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Colt, Feb 12 5:31 pm

Rudy

Barked: Sat Jan 12, '13 7:47pm PST 
I get what you're saying and you're all entitled to your opinions.

Nothing wrong with that but I've made up my mind.

Have a nice day.

wave
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Rudy, Apr 23 2:57 am

Rudy

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '13 5:22pm PST 
Like I've said before I haven't waited a year to anything I've printed flyers and did pretty much everything I can do legally possible for a while. Court is the final step.

I've been so heartbroken and have had graphic nightmares for months and am ready for this to be over.

I miss my dog and I know she misses me too.

The people who adopted her have NOTHING to do with this, other than that they have her.

This whole case is between the shelter and my family, that's all.

Knowing my dog if she saw me right now she'd run up to me and never look back.

I have no doubt in my mind I'll get her back.

Many people have gone to court to get their pets back and won.

Here's one case where an owner tried to get her dog back from a shelter and in the end she did!

Bill Smith giving dog back to owner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GvVLEZPx60

I have to agree with this owner's statement and I quote:

"I've learned my mistake but I don't think it should cost me my dog."

If this was your dog,what would you do?
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Rudy, Apr 23 2:57 am

Rudy

Barked: Fri Jan 11, '13 9:53am PST 
Actually there's more to it than that but I can't go into details since the only way I can get my dog back is via legal action.

The only paperwork I know of that was given was information on my dog's behavior, what she eats, that sort of thing.

I've asked for that several times and nobody will give me a copy. They know who my dog was adopted out to but haven't given a name.

Pretty much everyone I've talked to about my case including another rescue said I should have gotten a copy. The lawyer I spoke to earlier this month told me I've done the right thing so far.

It took one dog owner in Oregon a year to get his dog back, so I see my case as no different.

Just example of how things take time:

In 2006, a journalist did an investigation on a pet store in Miami that was selling sick puppies. After several complaints from customers who all had bought dogs from this store and airing the report on TV, the state D.A. got involved. It took time but the store owners were charged with unfair trade and deceptive business transactions. In 2008 they filed for bankruptcy.

I'm not giving up, I've come to far not to.

I have my dog's registration to prove she's mine.

Also, according to what I've read regarding pet law including cases involving the return of a pet, it would take a court order for the shelter or microchip company to release the name of whoever adopted the dog or cat.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Rudy, Apr 23 2:57 am

Rudy

Barked: Thu Jan 10, '13 6:51pm PST 
Here's something that might clear up the boarding question:

Generally, when an animal is taken in by a rescue group during a crisis situation, the owner of the animal retains ownership and the rescue group would not legally be able to withhold the animal from the owner. However, a person’s right to animals may be dependent on written adoption/sale contracts.

If there is a written contract which details the sale/adoption or boarding arrangement, that would be reviewed by the court. If not, the court would likely consider other evidence of the agreement between the parties to determine if ownership transferred or if the arrangement was intended to be temporary boarding.

I had to wait before I could talk to a lawyer, getting an appointment and other legal work takes time. I didn't sit around and wait.

I think you missed something the shelter didn't give me ANY paperwork regarding my dog, I've asked for it over and over and nobody gave me a copy. Because of that, I believe something's not right and forgery was involved.

I love my dog and am determined to get her back.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Rudy, Apr 23 2:57 am

Rudy

Barked: Wed Jan 9, '13 8:55pm PST 
Sorry for not posting in a long time.

I went down to legal aid a few days ago and was able to talk with a different lawyer. This one said a case like mine would normally be handled by a district court. So, small claims wouldn't work. She also told me where I can get additional legal help, so that made a difference.

In the meantime I plan to post more flyers in different places and try some of the things she recommended.

I also found some information regarding pet law that could help my case.

Other than that, I feel one step closer.

I have no doubt in my mind I'll get my dog backhappy dance
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Rudy, Apr 23 2:57 am

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.