Postings by Ty's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Small Dogs > Ruff! Food, toys, and all the good stuff.
Ty

Crunchy

Barked: Tue Feb 5, '13 11:35pm PST 
I agree with everyone that said you need to keep using a harness. Because collars can cause them damage and simply because it really is better to start them out young & they will eventually get used to it & accept it. If you try to introduce it to him again when he's older it will most likely be even worse. Also, I got Ty when he was about 7 weeks old & he drove me nuts biting my hands (it did not hurt because he was just teething) but it was still annoying! I would suggest making a loud yelping sound (because that is the behavior he would have gotten from his litter mates) and either turn away and show him NO attention or give her an actual chew toy instead. Be persistent with all of his puppy behaviors & it WILL pay off n the end & you'll have a well behaved dog and you'll be glad you stuck with it smile Good luck!!! Keep us updated blue dog
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Ty, Feb 5 11:35 pm

Ty

Crunchy

Barked: Wed Jan 9, '13 11:01pm PST 
Oh! Also, he will need a harness and leash smile I say harness instead of collar because I DO NOT like collars. confused if the dog tries to pull away from you the collar will choke him and could do some damage over time! Harness proves to be much better and more comfortable on the, in my opinion (plus you can get some really cute ones) hehe way to go even if you are just going to teach him to go inside on puppy pads, you will want to get him leash & harness so he can get his exercise and go on walks with you smile My pommy LOVES being outside dog walk
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Ty, Feb 5 11:35 pm

Small Dogs > Sweaters/Clothing for Small Dogs

Ty

Crunchy

Barked: Wed Jan 9, '13 10:53pm PST 
Haha! Bambi fits into men's socks?! How stinkin precious! smile my Pom has a whole wardrobe lol I have found tons of seasonal sweaters and get them on sale at Walmart and Petsmart & such! Most of the time (unless its something VERY cute that i don't think my pommy can live without) I only buy cheap outfits and don't spend a ton on them smile I would love to learn to make my own clothes for him lol He does have long hair but he loves wearing clothes during the winter especially! Sometime though when it isn't winter he gets a little hot frown makes me sad to let him run around naked! Lol but I don't want him uncomfortable frown so I guess I can sacrifice the cuteness laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Sandy, Mar 26 3:07 pm

Ty

Crunchy

Barked: Wed Jan 9, '13 10:11pm PST 
Congrats on the new puppy edition! He is a doll smile Sounds like you have gotten him a lot of good stuff! I think you have gotten him plenty for now! You may want to get him a brush and some doggy shampoo/conditioner for his doggy baths smile and I think you are smart to transition him off of Pedigree! Not a very good brand. Search for something with NO corn or grains! But you probably already knew that... Try to buy based on the ingredients you read that are in it. A good rule to go by is if it has things listed in it that you yourself wouldn't eat then don't buy it! You want something with meats listed preferably as the first 5 ingredients. You certainly do not want corn as the first ingredient! Blue Buffalo is a great brand as Taste of the Wild is. Nutro is also pretty good. I am currently feeding my Pom 4Health. I purchased it at a local Tractor Supply. I'm sure it could be bought at a Pet store however. It was cheaper than some of the others I listed and is healthy for my baby and he loves it smile Just stay away from commercial brands and you should be okay. Pretty much if you can get it from Walmart or grocery store, it probably isn't the best brand for your baby! Again, congrats on the new addition and I hope I helped a little! Any other questions feel free to ask! Good luck!!!!! smile
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Ty, Feb 5 11:35 pm

Small Dogs > Ruff! Best chew toy?

Ty

Crunchy

Barked: Wed Jan 9, '13 9:58pm PST 
I would stay away from plastic type squeek toys. My Pomeranian chews them up in just a few minutes and would swallow the pieces if I didn't take it away. He loves plush squeek toys. He will go get them and take all of them to his bed to sleep with! He goes back and forth through the house until he has all of them. Just like a child that has to have stuffed animals to sleep with smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Ty, Jan 9 9:58 pm

Behavior & Training > House Training Issues
Ty

Crunchy

Barked: Wed Jan 9, '13 9:16pm PST 
Well I haven't ever crated any of my babies before but with my newest little girl Sophie, I think it's a good idea since she won't potty around me! I have mixed feelings about food and water in crate. I think it seems mean and neglectful to not leave any on one hand but on the other hand, I'm afraid she might spill her water and get all wet and in the water frown And also, her having food and water all day might make her have to pee or poop worse and maybe lead to an accident in age! Not sure which I want to do frown if anyone has any experience or other opinions let us know! I'm sure Lexus would like a second opinion as well! smile
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jan 11 12:25 am

Ty

Crunchy

Barked: Wed Jan 9, '13 7:20pm PST 
Thanks for everyone's advice! I think I am going to attempt crate training! I do work some days so on days I work I can come home on my lunch break and let her out to potty. I do feel bad making her stay in crate though...I will have to give her extra attention and extra walks when I get home! Am I supposed to put water in crate? I hate for her not to have water available. Although I will give her some on my lunch breaks.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jan 11 12:25 am

Ty

Crunchy

Barked: Sun Jan 6, '13 9:29pm PST 
Well I have only caught her in the act once! She only does it when I'm not around. She started to poop once and I saw her no I said "No no" in a stern voice and just took her outside to try and get her to finish out there and she wouldn't! I stayed out there with her for 30 minutes before I finally gave up & went inside. About 2 hours later (she still hadn't went even after I took her out 3 more times) I went to take a shower and when I got out she had pooped on her pee pad by the front door. She just about refuses to do it outside or when I am around! I assume she must have gotten in bad trouble for using potty indoors by whoever her previous owners were frown as she was a starving stray someone had dumped out when I got her frown But I would never rub her nose in it. That is just mean and will just make her scared of me and is no good for either of us. I've been trying to just simply correct her behavior.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jan 11 12:25 am

Ty

Crunchy

Barked: Sun Jan 6, '13 9:09pm PST 
Thank you for responding so quickly!! She was a stray someone had dumped In a neighborhood and I saw where a lady on Facebook had posted a pic of her and was taking care of her until she could find her a permanent home. She said when she found her she was starving to death skin and bones. She had her do r about 2 weeks before I got her this passed Friday! She is so beautiful inside & out! She is all white with one black spot on her side and her face is half white and half black (it splits right down the center of her face) very unique looking! She is also sooo sweet and good natured with a ll strangers and other dogs. I thought maybe she would get in trouble for potting in the house and that is why she's so scared and then maybe the previous owners drop per her off because they couldn't train her. So sad that they would drop such a sweet girl out! I have tried putting the pad outside after she used it inside. Hasn't worked yet but I'm just trying to be persistent!! smile
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Jan 11 12:25 am

Ty

Crunchy

Barked: Sun Jan 6, '13 8:04pm PST 
I just got a Shih Tzu and poodle mix that's around 7 months to a year old. She was partially pad trained but I want her to go outside. It's very challenging though because she WILL NOT pee or poop when I am watching her. As soon as I leave the rooms he does it. I have taken her out on a leash for 30 minutes and she will not pee or poop outside. I'm wondering if its possible to train her! I'm just frustrated frown lol I would just love any advice anyone has!! Thanks in advance smile
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Jan 11 12:25 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.