Postings by Sage's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

Sports & Agility > Might get into Schutzhund. Would like more info on the sport.
Sage

Wiggle waggle

Barked: Sun Nov 4, '12 12:36am PST 
Check into the following books Advanced Schtuzhund by Ivan Balabanov and Karen Duet and schutzhund theory and yraining methods by susan barwig and stewart hilliard. Ivan also has videos online. Consider joining a club if possible. The dog needs to have the drive to work an d excellent temperment
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sage, Nov 4 12:36 am

Senior Dogs > Things That Make Your Senior Young Again
Sage

Wiggle waggle

Barked: Sun Nov 4, '12 12:22am PST 
Harley will be 9 in december. The teo things that always spunks him up is the onset of winter weather and swimming. Food makes him happy but not spunky. lol.
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by Cosmos and Bailey, Apr 15 5:39 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Getting Validation From Family Members

Sage

Wiggle waggle

Barked: Sat Sep 29, '12 1:54am PST 
Also, I hope your family.members come around it really does help as far as support goes. But there are support groups and meet ups around that revolve around the service dog communities.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Oct 12 11:33 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Getting Validation From Family Members

Sage

Wiggle waggle

Barked: Sat Sep 29, '12 1:52am PST 
I have used a service animal for almost 9years now. My moms side totally unapproved and still does.and my dads doesn't understand the cultural difference. I am lucky though because my son, husband, and in laws understand. I wish you luck with training. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Oct 12 11:33 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > please help clarify this

Harley

slobber much

Barked: Mon Aug 20, '12 12:42am PST 
Oh. I was thinking they meant that all service dogs had to come from an organization. I am a bit relieved now.I always ask all establishments for permission.Even with mypast service dogs when they were in training. Thank you so much.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Happy, Aug 20 1:59 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > please help clarify this
Harley

slobber much

Barked: Mon Aug 20, '12 12:18am PST 
I am including a url of Texas service dog laws. I am concerned because with my last service dog city hall told me an owner trained service dog was legal as long as it was properly trained for public access and was trained to complete tasks to mitigate my disability . This site suggest that owner trained service dogs are not permitted. However I thought ADA allowed owners to self train services dogs regardless of what state we live in. My concern is that I have a sdit that is owner trained and I do mot want to break any laws. The concern is locates on the 6th bullet on the site listed below. If my perception of the wording is in. correct my apologies . http://governor.state.tx.us/disabilities/resources/assistance_animal s/ .
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Happy, Aug 20 1:59 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Samson got bloat

Sage

Wiggle waggle

Barked: Fri Jul 27, '12 12:43am PST 
I am so glad he made it through and is recovering. Give him lots of special treatment for me.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Aug 21 8:02 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Let's have a fun topic!

Sage

Wiggle waggle

Barked: Mon Jul 9, '12 9:23pm PST 
Harley naturally stayed near me during seizures. He would just lay down and be there for me even as a young puppy. He naturally retrieved and loved to bring me items such a medications cell phone etc.. I taught him to speak on command to aid in getting help when I needed it. Upon other much needed task.

Diesel alerted me before oncoming seizures and after shaping it he naturally blocked me from falling off the couch or beds and would herd me to tell me a seizure was coming and I better sit down. I taught him to grab my medical purse as a signal to alerting me.

Sage a full brother to diesel is starting to alert and I am teaching him to grab a dummy purse to signal me.
All of my dogs were unique and were taught alot of tasks. These just stick out to me.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Jerry, Jul 10 1:25 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > WHat are Texas' laws about apartments and service animals?xas and service dogs

Sage

Wiggle waggle

Barked: Thu Jul 5, '12 11:47pm PST 
A service dog cannot be denied access, however a service dog in training isn't exactly covered and it may be up to the land lords discretion to allow an sdit in the apartment. Also would the dog be an emotional support animal for your ptsd or will it also be trained for your autism? Service dogs and emotional support animals are similar but different and there are different access laws for each. It pays to do your research before getting a dog to help you in daily activities. In my experience dog friendly apartments in Texas are more accepting to sdit and esa in training than non dog friendly places.
[notify]
» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, May 11 6:51 pm

Food & Nutrition > Best Grain-Free Dog Foods - other than Blue Buffalo Wilderness
Sage

Wiggle waggle

Barked: Mon Jul 2, '12 12:09am PST 
I love Victors. Most of their products are all natural grain free formulas. The only down side is it is a smaller Texas based company and not all states sell it.
[notify]
» There has since been 34 posts. Last posting by Scooter, PAWS , Jun 3 12:38 pm

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.