Postings by Cider Doughnut Shenanigans's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 29: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > Canine Behavior Explanations
Cider- Doughnut- Shenanigans

Barked: Fri Oct 12, '12 4:54pm PST 
Interesting. Cider's behavior varies greatly depending on the dog and the situation so it doesn't surprise me that according to that she falls any where from assertive to submissive. Does that mean she is well balanced?thinking
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Cider Doughnut Shenanigans, Oct 12 4:54 pm

Behavior & Training > Trust Training

Barked: Fri Oct 12, '12 4:44pm PST 
http://fearfuldogs.com/

Really great resource for fearful dogs( or any dog really). Good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Cider Doughnut Shenanigans, Oct 12 4:44 pm

Behavior & Training > How do you feel about invisible fences?

Barked: Fri Oct 12, '12 4:38pm PST 
Personally I am not a fan. Aside from the obvious physical injuries, they can also cause unseen emotional trauma. I once knew a dog that was a nervous wreck in her own yard. She would also bark and nip at any person trying to leave the house. After extensive work with a behaviorist it all came down to the invisible fence, going out side meant terrible things to this dog so she was terrified to go outside and tried to warn anyone who wanted to leave that outside was unsafe. Thankfully with counter conditioning and discontinued use of the fence they managed to get her passed her fear, but it's sad to think she spent any amount of time feeling like a terrified prisoner in her house.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Cider Doughnut Shenanigans, Oct 12 4:38 pm

Behavior & Training > Training a Hand-Shy Dog

Barked: Fri Oct 12, '12 4:20pm PST 
http://fearfuldogs.com/training-games-for-shy-dogs/

Some great resources on this site. Though, obviously his fear is not as extreme as many of the dogs she has dealt with, these tips have help me with my slightly hand shy rescue pup. The hand targeting was especially helpful. Good luck and thanks for helping a pup out!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Rocky *CGC* With the angels., Oct 15 8:44 am

Behavior & Training > What can't you trust your dog with?

Bodha Lei- (Rainbow- Bridge)

i blame the- cat...

Barked: Fri Oct 12, '12 4:17pm PST 
Socks and sneakers. Surprisingly I can leave food with in reach and Cider will not take it. Stare at it and drool yes, but she won't touch it. Bodha would eat anything. In fact she couldn't be trusted with the fridge or the oven. She could, and would open both and eat anything she could reach.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Buster, Oct 21 9:28 am

American Foxhound > Probably American Foxhound ... anything else?

Barked: Wed Oct 10, '12 6:38pm PST 
Haha! Cider is the same with the tape measure, I have tried ( unsuccessfully to measure her for a jacket!).I think hounds and hunting dogs in general are just sensitive little souls! Hope all went well with you 1 yr exam. Cider's will be coming up soon, she turns 1 in November!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Abby, Oct 13 5:48 pm

Grooming > Recommendations for shears/clippers

Bodha Lei- (Rainbow- Bridge)

i blame the- cat...

Barked: Tue Sep 25, '12 7:45pm PST 
I use andis ultra edge clippers, and for the same reason above I don't use a 40 under the comb blades. I prefer a 15 or 30. Also Kenchii's are awesome. The only shears I own.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Jan 6 10:08 am

Barked: Sat Sep 22, '12 5:12pm PST 
Awesome! I want to do a DNA test at some point too. And I will be putting up new pics soon !
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Abby, Oct 13 5:48 pm

Barked: Fri Sep 21, '12 6:22pm PST 
I should add, that the current photos i have up, she was much younger. Newer photos of her show a much stronger resemblance to your pooch.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Abby, Oct 13 5:48 pm

Barked: Fri Sep 21, '12 6:01pm PST 
Squeeeeee!She looks just like my Cider!Who I believe is foxhound and some type of pointer (brittany perhaps?). Cider is 10 months and about 43 lbs. Not sure of her height. They look soooooooo similar! Right down to the photo with the stick!
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Abby, Oct 13 5:48 pm

(Page 1 of 29: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.