Postings by Rolo's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 464: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Choosing the Right Dog > Would a Chinese Crested be a good match for child?
Dr. Watson

Not a wiener- dawg!

Barked: Tue Oct 15, '13 7:47am PST 
I second the idea of a well bred Cocker.

Oh, and definitely go to dog shows, etc. You really don't know as much as you think about a breed from reading, you have to meet the dogs (and owners).
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Sheeba, Oct 20 12:29 pm

Senior Dogs > One last journey
Dr. Watson

Not a wiener- dawg!

Barked: Sun Oct 6, '13 5:22am PST 
My thoughts are with you, Sabi and momma. Sabi's momma, know that you gave Sabi the most glorious life possible, that you did everything for Sabi. Sabi, fly free at the bridge, free of all earthly concerns. RIP sweet Sabi.
[notify]
» There has since been 69 posts. Last posting by Sabi, Feb 4 11:34 am

Behavior & Training > What's your favorite Dog Trick?

Dr. Watson

Not a wiener- dawg!

Barked: Sun Oct 6, '13 5:19am PST 
The very simple "Would you rather be a social worker or a dead dog?" laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Oct 21 4:03 am

Behavior & Training > We NEED a more reliable recall... asap

Dr. Watson

Not a wiener- dawg!

Barked: Tue Sep 24, '13 9:02am PST 
http://www.loucastle.com/
http://www.loucastle.com/recall
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Dr. Watson, Sep 24 9:02 am

Behavior & Training > We NEED a more reliable recall... asap

Dr. Watson

Not a wiener- dawg!

Barked: Tue Sep 24, '13 8:56am PST 
I agree with the suggestions for teaching the recall and no door bolting (they are different things -- bolting is impulse control), fencing or x-penning of the door for safety. I do think you have been remiss in not training your dogs so far. But that's neither here nor there. You are starting from zero and have no where to go but up from here. You MUST put in the time commitment.

I don't think there would be anything wrong with contacting Lou Castle. I haven't used an ecollar myself but have no bias against using them for recall or chasing. Remember that your breed of dogs may very well take up prey chasing when they run off, and this could cause very bad things to happen. I believe you can google him on the internet.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Dr. Watson, Sep 24 9:02 am

Dog Health > Dog with high liver values.....I need advice please!
Dr. Watson

Not a wiener- dawg!

Barked: Tue Sep 3, '13 12:11pm PST 
Also, probably such close to normal ALT is less worrisome.
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by Salsa, Sep 13 12:18 pm

Dr. Watson

Not a wiener- dawg!

Barked: Tue Sep 3, '13 12:02pm PST 
Here's some useful reading from one of my favorite sites, which includes both conventional and somewhat alternative treatments: DogAware: Liver Disease in Dogs
[notify]
» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by Salsa, Sep 13 12:18 pm

Dr. Watson

Not a wiener- dawg!

Barked: Tue Sep 3, '13 11:53am PST 
I suggest that any biopsy should be guided by fluorsocopy to the target area(s). I also suggest that her ammonia levels and bile acids be checked. Find out the price of the internal med vet. Perhaps your vet could just consult with her for no fee over what labs should be run?
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by Salsa, Sep 13 12:18 pm

Behavior & Training > Trainer hugging dogs as part of training?

Dr. Watson

Not a wiener- dawg!

Barked: Sun Sep 1, '13 11:18am PST 
Could you pm me the name of this trainer?
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Savannah Blue Belle, Oct 1 6:10 am

Behavior & Training > Dog Bites Hard Enough to Draw Blood - Please Help
Dr. Watson

Not a wiener- dawg!

Barked: Sun Sep 1, '13 11:17am PST 
No response when he growls or snaps. Air snapping is better than biting. Growling is better than air snapping. Try to put yourself in a position where he cannot bite you. Can you give him a puzzle or tug a jug for him to work for some of his food. I would suggest that you also use a leash for on him in the house, just let him drag it around when you are home. Does he startle easily? Do you know how young he was when he was taken from his mother and siblings.

There are vet behaviorists who are quite knowledgeable about behavior. They study more than regular vets. They cost money. You might look for trainer experienced in human aggressive behavior. My trainer costs 75 dollars for the initial hour interview with extensive email and phone backup plus outlined plan, then 55 dollars an hour after that. Get referrals and find out where or how the trainer was taught.

If you would like us to suggest some reading on the subject, we will be happy too. You want to be a benevolent leader and teach your doggie manners, not a dictator.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Czarka, CGC UJJ, Sep 3 7:23 am

(Page 1 of 464: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.