Postings by Tika RS-E JS-E GS-E RA CL3's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 254: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dogs and a Clean Home > Are these vacuum cleaners a good purchase?(Irobot,Neato,AmTidy)
Maggie,- Tika, &- Porter

Aussie-tastic- Trio

Barked: Fri Mar 21, '14 9:36am PST 
I am house sitting for someone with an iRobot Pet Series and it drives me insane! I would much rather just vacuum myself as it is quicker and less noisy in the long run. I will say it does a good job...it just takes forever to do the living area so I have been setting it to go at night vs bugging my when I am home with it.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Maggie, Tika, & Porter, Mar 21 9:36 am

Sports & Agility > Jawz Frisbee
Maggie,- Tika, &- Porter

Aussie-tastic- Trio

Barked: Mon Feb 17, '14 12:53pm PST 
I would say it depends on the dog and how hard they are with their bite when tugging. The Soflite ones do not stand up well to my older girl Maggie (32 pounds), she puts holes in them immediately (either tugging or catching), but Tika (43 pounds) my younger girl has a much softer mouth and has yet to hurt the soflite too badly with either tugging or catching.

I tug like crazy with Maggie with the hyperflex and no real damage, they are very durable for how soft they are. I am not sure how many years I will get out of it as they are still fairly new, but I do know that my regular Jawz discs are about 7 years old lol!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Mozart, Feb 19 8:32 am

Sports & Agility > Jawz Frisbee

Maggie,- Tika, &- Porter

Aussie-tastic- Trio

Barked: Sat Feb 15, '14 11:56am PST 
I have actually had the pleasure to play with the whole variety of discs from Hyperflite and I am absolutely sold on Jawz Hyperflex. If I had a hard mouth catcher for my main dog I would only have these as they are awfully durable, but still fly very nice. The SofLifte discs are great as well, but if your dog is a real tugger or a serious grabber than they may not last as long.

I actually use the regular Jawz Pups with my 30 pound Aussie (who is semi retired anymore), so I would think the Jawz Hyperflex Pups would be very suitable for you guys.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Mozart, Feb 19 8:32 am

Behavior & Training > Is there another dog forum we can ALL move to?

Maggie,- Tika, &- Porter

Aussie-tastic- Trio

Barked: Thu Jan 16, '14 11:56pm PST 
I know a lot has changed here at Dogster over the years, but I always felt that the forums and community was why Dogster was actually useful! Real, like-minded people...heck if it wasn't for Dogster I am sure that I would not be where I am now with my dogs and canine knowledge. I realized I have been on and off this site for almost 7 years!

I would love to be involved in any forum that comes about due to this. I am not a very active person on forums right now, but love being able to go in and lurk.
[notify]
» There has since been 540 posts. Last posting by Shiver Me Timbers "Charlie", Feb 19 10:27 pm

Australian Shepherd > Aussie ears

Tika RS-E- JS-E GS-E RA- CL3

Mine?

Barked: Sun Jan 12, '14 1:56am PST 
Ears are a hoot! I wish I had gotten pictures of the few days when Tika's stood up and she had huge bat wings on her head, they folded after a few days though and went through various folds before settling where they are.

Sadly just looking at the parents anymore can be misleading as tape seems to be a popular fix (even in pet only dogs) to get the button look to the ears.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tika RS-E JS-E GS-E RA CL3, Jan 12 1:56 am

Australian Shepherd > ASCA Aussie worth the money?
Tika RS-E- JS-E GS-E RA- CL3

Mine?

Barked: Sun Jan 12, '14 1:49am PST 
I don't participate in AKC so even though Tika came with those papers I binned them and only sent in the ASCA papers as that is where I planned to trial. ASCA papers are not a sham...well not anymore-so than AKC papers lol (ASCA actually requires DNA for papers to be provided for all current puppies).

ASCA is a single breed registry, but also has conformation (altered and intact Aussies only) as well as performance events like agility, obedience, rally, herding, and tracking (which are open to all breeds). ASCA even holds a National event every year with a large amount of dogs in attendance (some 1500+ at the last one).

Depending on where you are there can be a lot of ASCA related events. I live in the Pacific Northwest and we are pretty littered with events...but I do know that it is sparse in other parts of the country.

As for the breeder and the dog you are looking at...that all depends on many things. I know of a few not so great ASCA only breeders, but I also know of several more AKC only Aussie breeders that are just as bad if not worse...then of course there are the bad breeders that register in both AKC and ASCA, so pinning a breeder on choice of registry is not always black and white. A quality puppy comes from a quality breeder and that can be a bit trickier to determine, but the basics are health, temperament, and the who's & why's of the breeding.

If you want more on ASCA check out the official website http://www.asca.org/
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tika RS-E JS-E GS-E RA CL3, Jan 12 1:49 am

Australian Shepherd > Australian Sheperd : Adult food for puppy

Maggie,- Tika, &- Porter

Aussie-tastic- Trio

Barked: Wed Dec 11, '13 11:17pm PST 
I would stop the puppy food as well, when I got my youngest at 4 months she went straight to raw with a breakfast of All Life Sage (ALS) kibble. Most of my friends who are breeders typically only use the puppy foods for the pregnant and nursing bitch and might use puppy food for weaning the puppies...most of the puppies go to their new homes eating ALS foods or adult foods.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Rizdy, Dec 16 7:19 am

Sports & Agility > Barn Hunt Senior Level Qs and High in Trial Senior

Maggie,- Tika, &- Porter

Aussie-tastic- Trio

Barked: Wed Dec 11, '13 1:48pm PST 
Congrats!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Dec 16 2:58 pm

Behavior & Training > Fenzi Academy

Maggie,- Tika, &- Porter

Aussie-tastic- Trio

Barked: Fri Dec 6, '13 9:14pm PST 
Love it, I opt for Bronze as taping and a time schedule are not my strong suits lol! I am currently not taking any classes as I am a bit busy, but am definitely planning on Precision Heeling next round.

Online is definitely not for everyone and neither is observing an online class, but it works for some. I still prefer "real" classes as I somehow can make my works and actions explain what I want better (I am not good with typing what I really mean). But I find that I still managed to get a lot out of it and even video'd my sessions to keep me on task.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Bosley , Dec 6 9:29 pm

Sports & Agility > Scent articles!
Maggie,- Tika, &- Porter

Aussie-tastic- Trio

Barked: Fri Nov 1, '13 8:09pm PST 
Scent articles are super fun, congrats smile

I have had more fun training the scent activities than I have had any other "obedience" related activities.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Nov 13 6:53 am

(Page 1 of 254: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.