Postings by Jenna's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > how do we prepare?
Maggie

Maggie aka "the- nibbler"

Barked: Fri Nov 11, '11 12:12am PST 
Hi Sabi:
I don't think so. All the preparation in the world can't prepare us when we lose someone we love and this includes our fur babies.

I've been where you're at Sabi and I know how hard it is to look at them without crying. I've struggled many, many times with this over the years and it never gets any easier.

I think the only thing we can do to prepare is to except it and that's hard.

Janie
www.YourOldDog.com
www.YourOldDog.net
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Merlin (In loving memory), Jan 23 8:08 am

Dog Health > Worst thing your dog has ever eaten?
Jenna

Barked: Thu Nov 10, '11 11:53pm PST 
I tell my husband all the time that I can't believe my doberman Jenna is still alive given all the things she has eaten. Not nearly as bad as the great dane's list though!

Tennis balls
Plastic Toys
Stuffed Toys
[notify]
» There has since been 29 posts. Last posting by , Oct 9 10:07 am

Small Dogs > Separation anxiety?

Jenna

Barked: Sun Nov 6, '11 1:50pm PST 
Hi Cookie:
I agree with Foxy. Try not to make a fuss when your entering or leaving the house.

I tell my dogs "I'll be back, I'm going to the store" and I say this anytime I'm leaving so that they associate that particular phrase with the fact that I'm leaving them alone. I don't make a fuss, I just tell them that and give them a quick pat on the head and leave.

Once your dog is more comfortable without you, you can show more affection.

Janie
www.YourOldDog.com
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Satori, Nov 7 12:56 pm

Senior Dogs > My poor Taylor is having a hard time.

Maggie

Barked: Tue Nov 1, '11 2:25pm PST 
Hi:
I'm so happy to hear that Taylor is feeling a little better. I completely understand about the food issue. It's hard when you have multiple dogs and the food is expensive.

I provided all those links for you just so you wouldn't have to go searching and I think I might have broken the rules here on the forum and for that "I apologize".

I hope your boy continues to improve with time. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 24 posts. Last posting by Yogi, Mar 21 4:14 pm

Behavior & Training > Thundershirt question

Maggie

Barked: Fri Oct 28, '11 9:24pm PST 
Hi Penny:
I did a product review on the thundershirt back in June. The company donated a shirt for the visitor of my choice. I highly recommend that you check out the review. I wanted a dog who suffered from severe and I mean SEVERE thunder phobia to test the shirt for me. I found one who was much like my girl "Lulu" who passed away last year.

Another story that came to me was about Max and it was a very tragic story. In fact Max and Lulu's stories were what prompted me to get so involved in this issue.

You can check out my thundershirt product review if you like.

Janie
www.YourOldDog.com
www.YourOldDog.net
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Duke, Oct 31 8:35 am

Get Well Soon > Cancer is the pits!
Jenna

Barked: Wed Oct 26, '11 10:25pm PST 
Hi Baxter's Mommy:
I'm so very sorry about the loss of both of your parents. I'm also sorry about your Baxter boy. I'm thinking of you and you'll be in my prayers. I've had a dog with cancer and it's a tough thing to go through.

We recently placed a page on our website from one of our visitors who shared her dog's experience and recovery through radiation with us.

You can read Sofie's story here if you like.

Janie
www.yourolddog.net
www.yourolddog.com
[notify]
» There has since been 45 posts. Last posting by Kramer, Apr 16 4:11 pm

Senior Dogs > My poor Taylor is having a hard time.

Maggie

Barked: Fri Oct 21, '11 11:59pm PST 
Hi there:
I'm so sorry about Taylor. I know how hard this is and "yes" I've dealt with cognitive dysfunction with one of my many dogs.

Another product that you can try that has been successful in many pets is called Cholodin and would be used in place of the drug Anipryl.

I think it's worth looking into. Here's a link so you can check it out if you want. Cholodin For Dogs.

Regarding DM, you must feed him a healthy natural diet - forget kibble if possible. Look to a better food like The Honest Kitchen or another better brand that is closer to home made. Antioxidants are a must. Fish oil - a good fish oil like this is also critical and it must be free of toxins such as heavy metals. I also recommend you read this page from Dr. Schoen and take his advice on the other supplements such a vitamin B complex, vitamin C, selenium and the others.

Don't give up. Use a sling to help Taylor get around. I hope this helps.

Janie
www.YourOldDog.net
www.YourOldDog.com
Approved by forums moderator
» There has since been 35 posts. Last posting by Yogi, Mar 21 4:14 pm

Senior Dogs > Happy #15 Ozzy!

Maggie

Barked: Fri Oct 14, '11 12:33am PST 
Hi Ozzy:
Happy belated 15th birthday. You don't look a day over 10! I hope it was a good one for you and that you have many more.

www.YourOldDog.com
www.YourOldDog.net

party
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Sachi (1997-2012), Oct 20 2:45 pm

Senior Dogs > They're getting older, you're getting "younger"

Maggie

Barked: Sun Oct 9, '11 10:36pm PST 
I agree with Wellington. I know it's hard and I've been in this situation many, many times.

I think you should take Sanka for a mini hike just you and him for some one-on-one time. Let him sniff and mosey. Maybe take him to the pet store by himself for a walk around.

It's hard for seniors and it's equally hard for the owner. It's a matter of finding the right balance where everybody's getting what they need.

Janie
www.YourOldDog.com
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Sachi (1997-2012), Oct 20 3:07 pm

Dogs and a Clean Home > Are black dogs more smelly?
Jenna

Barked: Sat Oct 8, '11 12:47am PST 
That's a new one!

Dogs that are prone to yeast infections and yeast overgrowth issues will often smell more, but that has nothing to do with the color of the dog. Instead it's related to a weakened immune system that could be triggered by many different things including diet, the overuse of antibiotics, steroids and allergies.

Janie
www.YourOldDog.com
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Oct 10 8:31 pm

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.