Postings by Zoey's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

Food & Nutrition > No idea what to feed my dog
Zoey

Barked: Mon May 6, '13 8:12pm PST 
We had the same issue with Canidae, we fed it for years and one day Zoey had really bad diarrhea after getting a new bag. We originally switched her and our other dog Bruno to Acana but recently their prices went up to over 70$ for a large bag and is no longer affordable for us.

My two dogs do really well on Fromm Adult Gold and Large Breed Gold locally it is 42.99 for a 33 pound bag. You could also try a food from their Four Star line. If he is doing well on TOTW I would try keeping him on that as long as it is affordable for you. If not Fromm would be a good option. If you want to keep him on grain free but his poop is still soft on TOTW after about a month you could try Earthborn Holistics.
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by Pepper, May 23 1:59 pm

Dog Health > Titer Result Questions
Bruno

Barked: Thu Apr 11, '13 6:38pm PST 
That's weird that Chance's results don't list the actual numbers. Bruno had a seizure late Monday night so I think I'm going to play it safe and not booster him. He has mid protection according to the test so I think he should be fine. But does anyone else have any input? I thought more people on here titered.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Ava, NTD, May 3 10:29 am

Food & Nutrition > Alternatives To Acana.

Zoey

Barked: Thu Apr 11, '13 6:31pm PST 
Thank you everyone for your recommendations. I will look into those foods and see which one is the best for my dogs and affordable. Lucy Belle Earthborn is really cheap where you live! It's 55-65 dollars here. Also sorry it took so long to reply Bruno had a seizure late Monday night, he has never had one before and hasn't been himself until today. The vet couldn't find anything wrong with him so we are just watching him and documenting his behavior.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Zoey, Apr 11 6:31 pm

Zoey

Barked: Mon Apr 8, '13 4:28pm PST 
Thanks Chance! That is what I was thinking, my vet is just being cautious and isn't too keen on titers so he has been pushing me to re-vaccinate. I keep trying to edit it, I think Dogster is broken. For whatever reason it will not let me say what the test says. Basically it says titers 1:2 and lower indicate lack of immunity 1:2-1:16 show limited immunity and 1:32 and higher indicate probable immunity.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Ava, NTD, May 3 10:29 am

Food & Nutrition > Alternatives To Acana.

Zoey

Barked: Mon Apr 8, '13 4:24pm PST 
Hello everyone! Zoey and Bruno currently eat a rotation of the different varieties of Acana. I usually spend about 60-80 dollars every three weeks for a 28 pound bag. Money is really tight right now and dog food prices having been going up in my area so I am looking for some comparable foods that are less expensive.

The only requirement is it cannot be made by Diamond. I would prefer grain free but if the food is good quality, less expensive, and they do well on it I won't mind feeding grains.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Zoey, Apr 11 6:31 pm

Zoey

Barked: Mon Apr 8, '13 4:12pm PST 
Zoey and Bruno had their annual exams recently our vet said they both looked amazing weight wise and they won the dental award of the day for having perfect teeth!dancing
I decided to titer instead of giving them the distemper combo vax. Here are the results.

Zoey:
Distemper- 1:256
Parvovirus- 1: 512

Bruno:
Distemper- 1:16
Parvovirus- 1: 512

My question is since Bruno's Distemper is low should I re-vaccinate for just the distemper or everything? I'm just worried that if he has low immunity for Distemper he might also have low immunity on the things that I am unable to test for. If anyone with experience with titers could give me some input that would be awesome.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Ava, NTD, May 3 10:29 am

Puppy Place > What is the strangest breed you've been mistaken for?

Zoey

Barked: Thu Jan 24, '13 11:34am PST 
Bruno is a Weim and Zoey is an American foxhound, bloodhound mix. Every time we are on a walk or go anywhere they are both mistaken for Great Danes!big laugh I'm just thinking to myself have you ever seen a great dane? My dog's are 60-70 pounds. A few others are GSD, Irish Wolfhound, Mastiff, Aussie mix, German Shorthair, and Ridegeback. laugh out loud

Some people are silly, this one lady would not believe me that Zoey was not a GSD and Bruno wasn't a Great Dane. I also always get the comment "Oh my god look at those huge dogs! They are like mini horses" Bruno and Zoey aren't that big!
[notify]
» There has since been 34 posts. Last posting by Piper, Jul 8 9:21 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Wisdom DNA panel. (Breed guess!)

Zoey

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '12 7:13pm PST 
I've had a lot of people guess Beagle, Golden, and Greyhound. I've never had anyone guess Doberman, Basset or Bluetick coonhound. So that is interesting. It is so hard to guess with mixed breeds, because she does resemble multiple breeds. Someone asked if she was a German Shepherd before which is crazy! She looks nothing like a GSD.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Zoey, Dec 14 7:13 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Wisdom Panel Results!

Zoey

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '12 7:04pm PST 
Yeah Eduardo the only thing Catahoula I see about her is her Merle markings, I would of never guessed Basset Hound so good job!

Thank you Ava and Nix. No shes not an Aussie!! I don't know, I thought she'd maybe have Dane or Catahoula in her both of which can have Merle markings. I don't know much about Dal's but most of her "merling" are spots so to me the Dalmation could possibly be the reason for her "Merle-ish" markings. I probably will just call her a Catahoula Hound mix like I have been. The test was a gift I honestly thought it was going to be way off but nothing seems too far fetched other than the whippet laugh out loud I will post a link to my other thread that shows her markings more close up they do look somewhat like Dal markings to me. The pictures are on the last page.
http://www.dogster.com/forums/Choosing_the_Right_Dog/thread/761955

Ava looks nothing like a Westie! That's crazy. Your pups are gorgeous though! I adore Border Collies.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Zoey, Dec 14 7:04 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Wisdom DNA panel. (Breed guess!)
Zoey

Barked: Fri Dec 14, '12 12:06am PST 
Thank you Wiggles! Your animals are quite cute too. She is a sweetheart and thinks everyone is her best friend especially children, she would of followed the trick or treaters home on Halloween if she could! smile
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Zoey, Dec 14 7:13 pm

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.