Postings by Jilly's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Euthanasia Difficulties - Please Explain
Jersey

Barked: Tue Sep 10, '13 2:09pm PST 
I was shocked to read your story. Because, we had an identical experience with our Chi boy, Tiko, about 5 years ago. Our regular vet was not on duty and it was a medical emergency. Tiko had congestive heart failure and was in respiratory distress. It was the so horrible, I still can't bear to think about it. The vet did not put a catheter in and ended up "sticking" every limb on my poor baby. My husband and I were just about on our knees in tears, when she took him from our sight and put the needle directly into his heart. My regular vet basically told me she was not well experienced.

Believe it or not, I was glad she didn't try to BS me in an effort to protect her colleague. This should not happen. It's awful. Please accept my sincere condolences.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Gamma, Sep 12 11:51 am

Small Dogs > Apartment Potty Options
Jersey

Barked: Wed Sep 4, '13 4:52pm PST 
I have 2 chihuahuas also and think you are doing exactly the right thing. Confining them to the bathroom while you are gone means they are safe from harm. They have each other, a bed, water and their litter box. I wouldn't change a thing.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by The Wee Beasties, Sep 13 6:48 pm

Dog Health > Neurological Disorder

Coco

Barked: Fri Aug 30, '13 8:46pm PST 
I am sorry Capone is not doing well. Did your vet check for Lyme? I don't know if you live in an area where ticks are a concern, but we do, and Coco did have it a few years back. Her symptoms were similar to a neurological disorder. We are hoping it's possible that Capone has something treatable. Take care.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Scooter, PAWS , Sep 13 12:52 pm

Dog Health > Had allergic reaction to rabies vaccine. Long term effects?

Jilly

Barked: Thu Aug 15, '13 6:44pm PST 
I agree with you. Never, ever give your dog another rabies vaccine. It's not worth the risk. Your vet can give you an exemption form to take to your municipality each time you need a license renewal.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Taggert, Aug 17 11:20 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > I'll always miss you

Coco

Barked: Thu Aug 1, '13 9:16pm PST 
I am so sorry for your loss. A sudden death is very hard to accept. It "will" get better in time. I know your aching feeling,as I have been there. I hope you can find some comfort in knowing Puck had a good life and was well loved.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Angel Annie, Aug 6 7:25 am

Dog Health > 4th fight with Giardia
Jilly

Barked: Mon Jul 1, '13 9:59pm PST 
We are so sad that you lost your beautiful boy. His entire, short life was spent in a loving, caring home. You absolutely did the very best that you could for him. After reading all the posts, it does seem that he might have had a genetic issue. You are not whiney, you are in pain. It will take time, months if not years, until you can think of Ark without that deep aching pain. But trust it will get better. You are a good pet mommy.hug
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Jul 9 8:23 pm

Dog Health > CT scan showed SLIGHTLY enlarged thyroid glands - do I do biopsy?

Jilly

Barked: Fri Jun 28, '13 10:38am PST 
Praying hard for Tyson today. So sad he has been through so much. Take care.
[notify]
» There has since been 100 posts. Last posting by Scooter, PAWS , Nov 7 12:16 pm

Dogs & Travel > Flying from Phoenix to Seattle

Jilly

Barked: Wed Jun 19, '13 8:55pm PST 
All you guys who commented must be perfect individuals. A 3# chihuahua in my lap, under a blanket is a problem for you animal lovers? How about how SHE feels under a seat for 6 hours? You have no idea how many compliments I get about her behaviour, even approached at baggage pick-up by people from the flight to say how great an example Jilly is for other dogs. I may be guilty of breaking a rule and I have said that before, but I don't reply to random posts with rude remarks and bully tactics.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jul 16 2:52 am

Jilly

Barked: Sun Jun 16, '13 1:52pm PST 
I travel a LOT. If a dog is an assistance or emotional support dog, they can come out of the carrier. Do you think that is different? You have to know your own dog. There is no local, state or federal law prohibiting removal of a pet from a carrier on an airplane. I repeat, it is against airline rules unless the dog is assistance or emotional support.

Yes, this IS bullying!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jul 16 2:52 am

Jilly

Barked: Sat Jun 15, '13 12:34pm PST 
OMG You guys need to get a life. It is NOT illegal to take your dog out of the carrier. It IS against the airlines rules. And, I ALWAYS ask the folks around me, before I even take a seat, if they are allergic because I have a dog in my tote. Do you just search for people to pick on? I've seen this before, on this forum, and highly resent these bullying comments.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jul 16 2:52 am

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.