Postings by Bailey's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

Food & Nutrition > Do I Need Food That's Meant For Large Breed Dogs?
Bailey

There's nothing- in my mouth, I- swear!

Barked: Sun Mar 17, '13 8:47am PST 
Thanks for the input! It's good to know that Bailey will be fine on a normal adult dog food. She's not really a "large" breed, her weight is classified as large but she's really not THAT big.

As for puppy food I'm not sure either, we had her on puppy food for large breeds just because they said it's good for slower growth rates and all that, but I don't really know if there's a big diffference between it and normal puppy food thinking Oh well, better safe than sorry right?smile
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Cosmo, Mar 17 9:34 am

Bailey

Barked: Sat Mar 16, '13 9:25pm PST 
Okay, thanks Mulder! I was wondering if there really was a huge difference, or if it was done for marketing! I'll probably end up going with a good quality adult dog food, specifically looking for good quality brands that had food for large breeds was limiting my choices.

Thanks again!smile
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Cosmo, Mar 17 9:34 am

Bailey

Barked: Sat Mar 16, '13 7:14pm PST 
I want to switch Bailey's dog food to something healthier and when comparing foods I want to know if I have to get her one specifically for large breed dogs.

What is the main difference between foods meant for large breeds and foods just for adult dogs?

Would Bailey be okay with just a regular adult dog food or do I need one that's meant for large breed dogs? Her current food is meant for large breeds but I want to switch her to something healthier. She is about 80 pounds.

Thanks in advance smile
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Cosmo, Mar 17 9:34 am

Behavior & Training > I should have asked this 8 years ago.

Bailey

Barked: Mon Feb 18, '13 2:15pm PST 
laugh out loud Onyx sometimes I think she does!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tika, Feb 18 2:39 pm

Behavior & Training > I should have asked this 8 years ago.

Bailey

Barked: Mon Feb 18, '13 9:04am PST 
If I accidently bump or step on Bailey usually I just say a "Sorry Bailey!" and give her a pat on the head. However there has been once or twice where I accidently hit her with the tennis ball we were playing with (which, by the way was entirely her fault!) but I did feel really bad and went over and gave her a belly rub. She takes full advantage of that now though, so whenever I say sorry to her she rolls over with those sad eyes and expects to get a belly rublaugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Tika, Feb 18 2:39 pm

Behavior & Training > Off-leash freedom!
Bailey

Barked: Mon Feb 18, '13 8:52am PST 
Bailey loves going places off-leash! Unfortunately we have laws here but when we take her to the trails around the lake she gets to go leash-free and she absolutely LOVES it!! What you said is true though, Bailey is much calmer when off-leash and doesn't jump on people (as much, we're still working on thissilenced) I have walked her around the block off-leash but only when it's really late and NOBODY is around. If I do happen to see someone I leash her though. I don't know what I'd do if I could never have her off-leash, we both love it!smile
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Lupi, Feb 20 7:09 am

Puppy Place > New puppy need advice!

Bailey

Barked: Tue Feb 5, '13 1:59pm PST 
Pet carriers work fine as long as, like said, there's enough space to stand up and be comfortable in. Make sure it's not too big though, where she could have an accident and not be stuck sitting in it, that can really slow down the house training process smile

As for the toys. What we did with Bailey was just re-direct her. If Daisy starts chewing on your clothes just say a stern "No." or "Ah-ah" and give her a chew toy. Once she DOES chew it (even if it's just putting it in her mouth) praise her a lot and let her know thats good. Try other toys too, if she doesn't like rubber you can get some plush toys, puppies often like the softer feel smile Good luck! And Daisy's adorable by the waysmile
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Ezra, Feb 14 6:10 am

Puppy Place > What is the strangest breed you've been mistaken for?

Bailey

Barked: Sat Jan 26, '13 7:27pm PST 
Wolf laugh out loud
One lady said "I can't think of anything else she'd be!"
I don't think Bailey looks very wolf-like, but who knows!laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 26 posts. Last posting by Piper, Jul 8 9:21 pm

Puppy Place > Luna turns 1 year old today!!! Happy Bithday Baby Girl!!!

Bailey

Barked: Sat Dec 22, '12 9:43am PST 
Wow she's gorgeous! Happy birthday Lunapartypartywishes
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Mishka & Luna, Dec 22 11:07 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Is My Husband Asking for Too Much in a Dog Breed?
Bailey

Barked: Wed Jun 27, '12 9:23am PST 
labs and Goldens are good suggestions, but Goldens require grooming, and Labs often drool when food is near - two things your husband didn't want. Both however, are incredible with children and great with people, but as Mulder said like their excersise.

I'm going to be honest I don't really know any Collies, but do know that they are beyond loyal and since your husband wants it to be "his" dog he may enjoy that about them.

I agree that you could consider a rescue of a Lab or Golden mix if that's what you want, then theres a chance it may not be as drivey.

Either way, good luckpuppy
[notify]
» There has since been 24 posts. Last posting by Marlowe, RN, CGC, Jul 19 6:16 pm

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.