GO!

(Page 1 of 49: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
Ellie

Qui me amat,- amet et canem- meum

Barked: Tue Apr 22, '14 9:04am PST 
wave

Hope everyone is well! I meant to respond to a few other things on my last post but the site has been so wonky!

Moria- as for reactivity, as much as a pain as it is, I'd say doing some solo walks with her would be pretty important to really focus and instill positive associations with things that cause her to react. And it could be a long process at that! Flexis seem like they could make it harder to keep her "safe" from those things she would want to react to.
But, I have a hard time taking Tala out for solo training walks when I have a foster, so I totally understand that being a pain!

I don't believe I commented on the lovely pictures so here is that comment. They are lovely! Looks like a neat place to visit!!

Ty- what awesome pictures!! He's so handsome! Nice the breeder is sending so many!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Dunlop, Today 4:59 am

Ellie

Barked: Mon Apr 21, '14 12:13am PST 
Happy Easter a bit late!

Too many Cash pictures?!? Impossiblè!!

I have officially asked to be notified when the local K9 Search and Rescue team is recruiting again (probably in around a year and a half). If that works out, I think it would be a really neat opportunity! And I may have a new pup to do it with as well! I'm not 100% Tala is driven enough for it, but I think she'd be good at it and enjoy it. Especially with the recent mudslide in Oso, I've been really drawn to SAR for myself and would love training to that degree.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Dunlop, Today 4:59 am

Ellie

Barked: Thu Apr 17, '14 10:35am PST 
wave

party Yay Sanka!!! party Can't wait for pictures of the new foster happy dance I'm half hoping I find a dog that makes me fail soon laugh out loud ! But I am thinking either it'll be the perfect pittie through rescue, or I'll start talking to breeders and possibly getting on a waiting list. I think I want to do SAR with my next dog. Not sure there. I just want to have almost a working dog. But, I'm not a hunter, unfortunately and herding doesn't appeal to me. I'm kind of liking the Beardie and the WPG but I don't know that either would be quite right as I'm not a hunter or herder. Ah well, we'll see!!

Yesterday was my birthday and Sara went on trial adoption! I'm really missing her, but Tala is hurting more. She's been so sad and mopey! It's heartbreaking! Hoping it works out, but keeping my house open for her to come back if needed.
We are getting in some scruffy terrier puppies this week that are, of course, tempting to foster. But I shall be strong laugh out loud

Jewel, I've seen those posts on FB. I so hope she wasn't stolen, as that seems sadly likely with such a neat dog.

That is a neat harness, Ty! And I love the adopt me idea Sanka! I have a little adopt me vest I use but it only fits my bigger fosters

Nursing a sore throat with some tea.

Took Tala on a six mile run yesterday and she did awesome! I let her chase some squirrels as long as she sat first. I think it'll help bomb proof her sit! She practically climbed the tree trying to get to them. I have a video I'll try and post!
She's still a bit young for running so I've hardly taken her with me, but I also always feel guilty leaving her behind!
[notify]
» There has since been 43 posts. Last posting by Dunlop, Today 4:59 am

Ellie

Barked: Tue Apr 15, '14 10:19am PST 
I really liked Missoula as well! I never went to Helena, but I may have driven through once. There was just so much natural entertainment in bozeman. Still contemplating moving back!!

I want to master fly fishing, as I've only done it a couple times.
Sanka- I pinch the barbs to try and minimize the obnoxious catching when pulling the hook from the mouth, but it's still sometimes brutal. I tend to catch and release but it they swallow the hook, I eat it.

Cash is going to be big!!! And soooo handsome!

Sara has an application at last, so I am talking to them to see if it's a fit!

Tala chased ducks into the water last night and got nice and deep for a full swim. She also had a funny tendency to get up on rocks in the water if I threw her stick by it and then she'd get stuck and whine but eventually jump off. Dock jumping might take some getting used to if we do it!

Hmmmmm I know there were other things I wanted to comment on thinking Maybe next time
[notify]
» There has since been 67 posts. Last posting by Dunlop, Today 4:59 am

Ellie

Barked: Mon Apr 14, '14 1:37pm PST 
I lived in Bozeman. Loved it too! If my niece wasn't born in Seattle, I'd still be there!!

Tala decided on Saturday that she wants to be a fetching dog happy dance I love it! She gets exercise even when other dogs aren't around that way! And she would swim for it, so just maybe we can dabble in dock diving later on!

Went fishing yesterday in a new spot with a roommate who's never fished before. Total bust haha. Had the dogs and long lines and ended up having to trek through thick forest patches and stand on rocks in the water to be able to fish in fast moving water (not great for a newbie and not my favorite either)! Still a fun adventure with margaritas afterwards.

Still sunny here for now, but rain is on the way frown

Hooray for Mack party

Pools are though, but I wouldn't be opposed to having one in the future. They are a great way to send kids out of the house and have them come back tired laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 82 posts. Last posting by Dunlop, Today 4:59 am

Ellie

Barked: Sat Apr 12, '14 12:55pm PST 
Pools are a lot of work. My dad spent many hours with the chemicals, pool broom and pool net trying to maintain it.

I've been to Texas only once, and thought it was bizzarre haha. I'm very much a west coast girl as far as exposure and love the north west! My time living in Montana though has me missing it a lot. I have barely been to the east coast at all though!

I'm trying to decide if I should invest in a Kirby vacuum. Any thoughts? I had a guy come and demonstrate the vacuum and shampooer and I have to say I feel like I "need" one now laugh out loud Especially renting, the idea of being able to shampoo my own carpets may save me some security deposit money. I found some affordable (comparatively and at around $500) on eBay that are refurbished. Tala is such a beastly shedder to boot!
[notify]
» There has since been 102 posts. Last posting by Dunlop, Today 4:59 am

Ellie

Barked: Fri Apr 11, '14 1:13am PST 
I watch call the midwife but haven't read it! My mom got me into it.

No "Red Wedding" yet I don't think. Barely touched the third book, so far.

I have a couple other books checked out and an audio book ("I know why the caged bird sings"), but I've decided to go back to the other books when I am not jumping between books. For now GofT and an audiobook take enough of my time and reading the other books I have checked out might make my brain sizzle laugh out loud

I had a pool once upon a time when I lived in California and Bonnie detested the water! We would have her go in occasionally just to make sure she always knew how to get out if she were to fall in, but she was not a water dog at all! She barked and barked whenever someone jumped or was about to jump in until the resurfaced (a trait I'm sure my mom appreciated because we'd be hard pressed to drown unnoticed!!).
Ellie and Tala both love the water, though I haven't taken Tala out far enough for her to swim swim. She just wades thus far. Once the weather warms up I'll swim out and have her follow.
I don't think Tala is the dog for it, but I think dock diving would be incredibly fun to get into!
[notify]
» There has since been 109 posts. Last posting by Dunlop, Today 4:59 am

Ellie

Barked: Thu Apr 10, '14 2:59pm PST 
Just starting number 3 and I can't even believe there are so many!! I'm overwhelmed just thinking about the emotional turmoil this author has in store for me with the amount of twists and shockers in the first two big laugh
I'm finding the show drifts from the books more than I'd like in the second season, though.
[notify]
» There has since been 119 posts. Last posting by Dunlop, Today 4:59 am

Ellie

Barked: Thu Apr 10, '14 1:25pm PST 
Reading series books is a trap!! Haha
I'm waiting on one to come out as well! I also decided I needed to read the game of thrones books before getting into the show and it's all I do at home now! I'm totally consumed and there are ao many of them! And they ain't small lol

Cloning sketches me out! No thanks.
Good old fashion creature are just fine for me!

Sorry you're in pain Flicka! Hoping it's more manageable soon!
[notify]
» There has since been 121 posts. Last posting by Dunlop, Today 4:59 am

Ellie

Barked: Wed Apr 9, '14 12:30pm PST 
Having a dog co-owned would be tough! I'd have a hard time letting the breeder have too much say in "my" dog as I'm sure the breeder would as well. It would have to be a very good relationship to work if think!

I overheard a pair of people discussing if they were going to breed their dogs naughty A malamute/ timber wolf (I asked if it was a malamute and was assured there was also timber wolf) kept mounting a Great Dane and it seems they were both in tact though the bitch wasn't in heat. But, it got them discussing that they had planned on breeding their dogs and now think it might be tough living in smaller spaces in the city and breeding their dogs silenced I always cringe at those conversations

Rain yesterday but the sun is back today! Trying to coax spring to come and stay. March was the wettest march ever in Seattle this year I believe. Or at least record setting
[notify]
» There has since been 132 posts. Last posting by Dunlop, Today 4:59 am

(Page 1 of 49: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.