Postings by Pookie's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 35: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > VPI Pet Insurance
Pookie

plush destroyer

Barked: Thu Jan 3, '13 10:18pm PST 
In short, VPI sucks. I would not go with them.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Tucker, CGC, TDI, Jan 4 11:11 am

Dog Health > Thoughts on no rabies vaccine in Texas
Pookie

plush destroyer

Barked: Thu Jan 3, '13 10:11pm PST 
Although odds are your dog is well protected against rabies from the last vaccine, I'm pretty sure it's legally required to have it every 3 years in Texas. If your dog were to ever bite somebody you would be in trouble. I wouldn't risk it. Quite frankly, the odds of your dog having a reaction to the vaccine are very slim. I think most "vaccine danger" stuff is blown up way out of proportion.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Dunkin, Jan 8 3:58 pm

Dog Health > Comfortis fleat treatment - AWFUL side effects !

Pookie

plush destroyer

Barked: Thu Dec 20, '12 7:06pm PST 
Comfortis is the only thing that worked for my dog. No side effects.
[notify]
» There has since been 66 posts. Last posting by , Apr 9 7:07 am

Dog Health > Advise needed on front dew claws

Pookie

plush destroyer

Barked: Thu Dec 20, '12 6:58pm PST 
It doesn't sound like the dewclaws are attached. I would get them removed, especially since it's causing issues. Dewclaws that are not attached are fairly simple to remove and recovery will be quick.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Kashmir ♥ CGC, Dec 22 8:10 pm

Dog Health > Some People.. Ugh.

Pookie

plush destroyer

Barked: Tue Dec 18, '12 8:21pm PST 
Have your friend take the dog to another vet?
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Kali, Dec 19 4:24 am

Behavior & Training > Building (or rebuilding?) drive
Kaiser

Barked: Tue Dec 18, '12 7:47pm PST 
Well it really depends on the type of drive you're trying to build or rebuild. A flirt pole plays on prey drive, that's about it. And as someone else mentioned, you must always put away the toy before he gets bored; preferably at the height of interest.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Kaiser, Dec 18 7:47 pm

Behavior & Training > Please help, I have a troubled dog.

Pookie

plush destroyer

Barked: Tue Dec 18, '12 7:30pm PST 
Your dog is not "malicious". That's anthropomorphizing your dog. If he shuts down that badly with "discipline" then it's time to look for other methods. I think it's important to make sure you do not set up your dog to fail. If something goes wrong, then that's usually because somewhere you goofed up. Pottied in the house? Should have been crated or watched. Destroyed something? Should have been crated or watched.

For now treat this dog like a puppy. Anytime you cannot, for whatever reason, actively watch your dog (watching TV in the same room is not actively watching) either crate your dog or tether him to you with a leash. Always reward, reward, reward good behavior with treats, praise, toys, whatever works best for your dog. Build your dog's confidence and your relationship. Consistency is key to solving anything!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Opheila, Dec 19 1:07 pm

Behavior & Training > Male Dogs and Their Potty Issues

Kaiser

Barked: Tue Dec 18, '12 7:24pm PST 
It happens. Kaiser did not lift his leg at all until he hit his 1st birthday. Would hit his front paws all the time. It was gross. Now he lifts about 95% of the time and on occasion still hits a front paw.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Jagger **ADOPTED**, Dec 19 4:08 pm

Raw Food Diet > Starting raw, afraid of bone hazards

Pookie

plush destroyer

Barked: Tue Dec 18, '12 3:26pm PST 
The only reason to be afraid of bones is if they are cooked in any way. As long as they are raw, edible bones you have nothing to fear. I never, ever see bony bits in my dogs stools which tells me the stomach is doing it's job breaking everything down.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Pookie, Dec 18 3:26 pm

Small Dogs > Good treats for training for small dogs?
Pookie

plush destroyer

Barked: Tue Dec 18, '12 3:08pm PST 
I like to buy the food rolls at Petsmart because they are easy to cut into small pieces.. Not the Natural Balance rolls - they have sugar. Not the refrigerated ones, they're too moist. I forgot what it's called... You can also cut Zuke's Mini's into small pieces.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Tiara, Jan 29 8:56 am

(Page 1 of 35: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.