GO!

(Page 1 of 85: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > Canyon Creek Ranch
Dodger

I like to smile.

Barked: Fri Jan 3, '14 11:30am PST 
Hi
I had seen this from made in Iowa at our local pet store and they had them all super cheap because they said they were no longer making the products. I asked the cashier if it was related to a recall and she said no

I bought a big bag because it was 25$ and I fed them some today but now I am getting concerned, I did see a few articles online about recall....

Can anyone help me out? Normally they eat blue buffalo, and just for this bag, I was mixing blue and CCR so they had a special new food for a bit.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Jan 8 5:19 am

Food & Nutrition > "Master Paws" treats from menards??
Dodger

I like to smile.

Barked: Fri Nov 15, '13 7:16am PST 
Has anyone heard of these? They are made in wisconsin it says but the ingridents are things I don't know if they are good or not?? Cheap treats, but if they are awful, I don't wanna get them

Also, beggin strips... good or bad? I have heard both. My dogs have had them for years but now I am worried seeing as some sites say BHA can cause cancer over time...
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Nov 17 10:10 am

Behavior & Training > Help my ACD wont stop barking at my neighbor!

Dingo

Barked: Wed Jul 3, '13 3:32pm PST 
Avoid my friend? uh...no

We made amazing progress, he appologized for scaring her by yelling and tried it again, this time with no fence, he was calm and patient with her, she came right up and sat by him

pack leader stuff works well for some dogs. i dont think its dated, just depends on the dog
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Sonny, Jul 6 2:54 pm

Dogs & Travel > Dog Friendly Nashville and Memphis

Dodger

I like to smile.

Barked: Tue Jul 2, '13 8:32am PST 
Hi!
I am taking my two boys to meet some friends who are visiting Memphis and while we are there, we are gonna make a day trip to Nashville. I don't wanna leave my dogs in a day care all day so I need to know what places I can take them, I been to dog friendly.com and wrote down their stuff but want to know if there is any others....

Also instead of a second post, can anyone tell me is it ok to travel with seniors? My boys are 10 and 11 and we are coming from Minnesota so its at least 12 hrs
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jul 16 1:20 am

Dingo

Barked: Mon Jul 1, '13 8:34am PST 
Ya I know he is part of the problem LOL... he has no dogs and has not in decades. He knows I have used "pack leader" training with my huskies so thats probably why he says that but with her its different, every dog is different.

Half the time I don't know that he will be out.... I think its all clear and let her out and then he will appear. He has never got mad about it at all until yesterday, now granted, he was outside all day long in the heat doing lots of yard work and could of been tired and pissy cuz of that, normally he is very sweet and patient with dogs.

Its hard when she gets inconsistancy at home too, my parents just dont care. I wish they would not of got such a tough breed if they didn't want to work at it. Anyway, I'll try it. We don't wanna give her too many treats, she is already getting overweight and we need to work on that too, and she doesn't respond to much else, other than when I kick the ball.

Is it a good sign she was wagging her tail....? When we walk and are not on our property or when we go to pet smart, if she sees men, and I know they are coming I'll say "leave it" and she is good and walks by, otherwise she will do a low growl and I'll say "leave it" and we walk by. This is the first guy outside my family who is willing to work with her, but he scared me yesterday with his random behavior.... he also told me a bucket of water to the face would solve the problem. He knows nothing about fearful dogs so I didn't take it seriously but I'm trying to get a good solution for everyone, my big issue, I'll be out of town next week and my parents are here with her, I am so worried things are gonna get out of hand. I told my mom she has the best advantage with training of all of us, Dingo is obsessed with her, she will listen to her and come running etc but she never uses it for the way she should.

Anyway, thanks for the advice. I'll try to figure out a solution.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Sonny, Jul 6 2:54 pm

Dingo

Barked: Mon Jul 1, '13 6:23am PST 
Well first, she is technically not MINE...she is my parents but I live with them right now and they are lazy. They do not even walk her, I do that. They have no control over her at all and only coddle her bad behaviors.

My neighbor is my friend, we are on very good terms and he adores my own dogs. Problem is, ACD hates men and gets territorial at home, he will pop over the fence to playfully call her devil dog and that sets her off or if he is working in her yard, she runs along the fence and barks at him. I am good at getting her distracted usually, with a ball or treats and then I catch her and take her inside.

Sat night my neighbor came over the fence and was giving her treats, he actually had her quietly sitting when he told her to and praised her. She would bark and move back, its a fear bark, I know this but all the while wagging her tail. He said he wanted to work with her this summer by giving her treats and getting her to like him, which is great but yesterday

he was in the yard and I kenneled her to avoid her running along the fence and he popped over to wave at me and call her devil dog and she went nuts, then he yelled shut up at her really loud and told me she was annoying and he had no idea how I could stand it, so that worried me that he would maybe call on her, then last night, he repeated his Sat behavior, giving her treats etc but when she barked at me, when I was talking to him, he said, be the pack leader and left, so I think he is still annoyed.

I get it, she is annoying... and I dont blame him but I cant yell at her, that solves nothing. I am naturally calm with her and it usually works, but now I worry she is gonna drive him to calling on us and I'll also loose a good friend. We don't have the money to hire a pro and let me just say, she is a VERY quiet dog all the other times.

I want him and her to bond, it would be great but how do I get her to not fear him on the other side of the fence and curb her barking?

Also, when she barked at him and she was wagging her tail, what does that mean? HELP!!
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Sonny, Jul 6 2:54 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Hero Dog Awards

Patch

Lets be pals,- rub my belly!

Barked: Sun May 19, '13 7:47am PST 
Hey friends! I am a therapy dog who is nominated this year for hero dog awards. Its very exciting! I need your votes though. My voting page is here

http://www.herodogawards.org/vote?nominee=22286594

and you can vote every day through July. If you want to see a video mom made about why I should win, go here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvGpfDz4ido

Thank you so much, Therapy dogs are great and I am happy to be one
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, May 19 10:54 am

Behavior & Training > Digging under neighbor fence

Patch

Barked: Tue Nov 20, '12 1:19pm PST 
I agree, thats why I THOUGHT it was ok. I never said call me or anything, it was merely a number and written "in case you need anything" but I think the major age gap has to do with it. My grandma seems to think he assumes I was hitting on him as he brought up the age gap in his rant....

None the less. my dog still loves him and misses him. I still believe he is a good person, just a bit weird about things so I miss talking to him and hope we can be "Friendly" again because I always worry a bit that he might report us for stuff with our dogs if we tick him off.

Hole issue itself is solved... until winter ha, but my dogs since they are huskies, just dig holes in the snow, not the ground and, burrow in them. The leaves seem to be helping for now anyway. I feel stupid like I totally misread things and assumed we were friends when I should not of and this sadly even caused me not to give a neighbor a card who lost her dog, out of fear.

I still am my friendly self though and now since her dog died, its only us on the block with dogs. Anyway... sorry to ramble. I was just a bit concerned he might of been "only being nice again" because of the holes and I was too excited/relieved for nothing and worried he might not of been serious about the yard but its his mom's house not his so maybe he doesnt care
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Patch, Nov 20 1:19 pm

Patch

Barked: Tue Nov 20, '12 8:17am PST 
For his hand, carpol tunnel

I don't wanna be a pest about it and keep bringing it up. I already "annoyed" him with the card so I don't wanna keep bothering people. I just wanna be on good terms because the awkwardness suks

I just raked piles of leaves in the holes and he is leaving them alone. Like I said, If I am around, he will stop, but sometimes I am not home and my folks are not on top of it.

I guess it was stupid to get my hopes up that he was over it and him and my dog could still be buddies, I thought it was a good sign but probably not. I wish I could fix it. I have learned to never do anything like that for someone though. Ever. Not gonna risk it.

At least I can not have to worry about being sued.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Patch, Nov 20 1:19 pm

Patch

Barked: Mon Nov 19, '12 6:25pm PST 
Ok so this is a massively long story but I'll be brief as possible.

I have this next door neighbor, we share a fence. We met in April and got to know each other well over the spring/summer and he got to really know and like my dogs. My dog grew very attached to him. Anyway, in september I stupidly "Assumed" we were friends and gave him a get well card for his surgery and since my dogs are therapy dogs offered to bring them to visit when he recovered. We did this before when he had part 1 of surgery in June and he seemed happy with it, however I was in England then so I did not give a card
Anyway I also offered to help him out and included my # in case he needed it, I figure neighbors share numbers. Well he got upset about it. He got really annoyed that I "bothered" him with cutesey cards etc and honestly I think he thought I was hitting on him because of some things he said.

Well my dog has had a hell of a time with it and began digging to get to him whenever he was outside. I did my best to stop it but I was not always around when he did it. So we buried them and blocked them etc I did not wanna make things worse

Well end of Oct my neighbor randomly starts talking to me again, we talked maybe 5 minutes or so about a few things one of which was the holes, they went through to his side and I felt bad so I offered to pay and he smiled and said "No worries" we had a few laughs and things seemed good, he has been waving/smiling at me since too

Anyway I wanna know... 1-- do you think the ONLY reason he began talking to me again is this hole thing or do you think he is over his issues? I ask because if I see him out when I am walking, I'd love to bring my dog up for a few pets so he can get his fix, he has been pulling me to the yard daily since then.

2-- was it right/wrong of me to ask to pay and do you think he really is not upset about it or should I be expecting to be sued or something?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Patch, Nov 20 1:19 pm

(Page 1 of 85: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.