Postings by Shane's Family

GO!

Australian Shepherd > At what age did your Aussie have their full coat?

Wylie

Barked: Fri Jul 9, '10 12:07pm PST 
wow -- I just posted this same kind of question on the Yahoo wonderfulaussies group! My Wylie just turned 11 months and has exactly the same thing going on with his coat - lots of puppy fur left with black adult hairs growing in nicely along his spine.....my other guy, Shane, has a complete, full gorgeous coat and he just turned 2 years.....so, I think it may happen around 1.5 years as the previous posted said.....my bigger question has been when does the skin around the eyes blacken -- my Wylie has alot of brown in his puppy coat and the skin around his eyes is dark brown -- standing next to Shane (both black tris) - Shane is soooooo much "jet black" than Wylie......his nose is pure black, its around the eyes that is brown - does it turn to black?
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Wylie, Jul 9 12:07 pm

Behavior & Training > Shy Aussie wants to be alone all the time?
Shane

gotta git that- squirrel

Barked: Tue Jun 22, '10 5:10am PST 
I think I've found out what's going on! We are presently on a car trip and got a room at a hotel last night. Shane is an excellent traveler and jumped right up on the bed and settled in. I was unpacking some stuff, went into the bathroom and because my allergies are going crazy, blew my nose -- really loud - a real honker smile Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Shane fly off the bed and run to the door and then pace back and forth in front of the door. I must have scared him with my loud nose-blow. I reassured him and he jumped back up on the bed and instantly settled in. For the heck of it, I went to the other side of the room and blew my nose really hard again -- sure enough, he flew off the bed and this time hid in the bathroom - the opposite end of the room from me. So from then on when I had to blow my nose, I did it quietly and gently -- no problem whatsoever.

This surely must be the "problem" with him running away from me to be alone -- I am always blowing my nose really loud in the mornings and during hayfever season --I live alone so can get away with it smile

Once we get back home I'm going to see if this is the case and this can easily be overcome....I'm really happy that we had this road trip now and I was able to actually observe his "stressor" right in front of me.

Thanks everyone -- we are still going to continue our bonding activities of course, but I'm pretty sure that he will be coming around to a more lovable guy soon!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Shane, Jun 22 5:10 am

Behavior & Training > Kind of proud :')

Shane

gotta git that- squirrel

Barked: Sun Jun 20, '10 4:10pm PST 
What a nice post - thank you for sharing your positive experience with your girl!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Shane, Jun 20 4:10 pm

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > Help with understanding how the photos work

Shane

gotta git that- squirrel

Barked: Sun Jun 20, '10 3:53pm PST 
uh duh.......are the photos on the right of responders? I thought they were part of people's profiles......red face
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Shane, Jun 20 3:53 pm

Shane

gotta git that- squirrel

Barked: Sun Jun 20, '10 3:51pm PST 
I see people's posts with one dog's picture as the author and another dog's photo as the "By" -- I have Shane as my primary author - how do I also get Ryder's photo to come up on the right of the message?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Shane, Jun 20 3:53 pm

Australian Shepherd > Calling All Aussie's
Shane

gotta git that- squirrel

Barked: Sun Jun 20, '10 3:37pm PST 
Both my boys born in Maine and now living on the shore in southeastern Connecticut!
[notify]
» There has since been 33 posts. Last posting by Cooper, Apr 12 6:57 am

Australian Shepherd > Any other Cowboy Aussies Out there?

Shane

gotta git that- squirrel

Barked: Sun Jun 20, '10 3:33pm PST 
Hey Dustin!! Me and my 2nd cousin are both from Cowboy Aussies!!! I'm Shane (AKC Cowboy's Redneck Cadillac, Sire: CH Stormridge's He's All that, Dam: CH Wilmeth's Flower Petals), just turned 2 and my "brother" is Ryder (AKC Cowboy's 8 Second Ride, Sire: CH Cowboy's Ransom Note, Dam: Katahdin Paris Hilton) who is 10 months. We are on the shore in CT and our mom, Heidi, thinks we are the greatest dogs! We are both companion dogs, although Ryder was a confirmation pup. Both of us are gorgeous, calm, wonderful pals for our mom.

(we are newbies here and I don't know how to also show Ryder's photo....)
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Dustin, Jan 21 5:54 pm

Australian Shepherd > Any other Cowboy Aussies Out there?

Shane

gotta git that- squirrel

Barked: Sun Jun 20, '10 3:29pm PST 
Hey Dustin!! Me and my 2nd cousin are both from Cowboy Aussies!!! I'm Shane (Cowboy's Redneck Cadillac), just turned 2 and my "brother" is Ryder (Cowboy's 8 Second Ride) who is 10 months. We are on the shore in CT and our mom, Heidi, thinks we are the greatest dogs! We are both companion dogs, although Ryder was a confirmation pup. Both of us are gorgeous, calm, wonderful pals for our mom.

(we are newbies here and I don't know how to also show Ryder's photo....)
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Dustin, Jan 21 5:54 pm

Shane

gotta git that- squirrel

Barked: Sun Jun 20, '10 2:49pm PST 
I added my 2nd dog's to my account and he is not showing up in the forum when I post -- my 1st dog is shown on both sides of my message....what am I doing wrong please? Thank you!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Shane, Jun 20 3:53 pm

Behavior & Training > Shy Aussie wants to be alone all the time?
Shane

gotta git that- squirrel

Barked: Sun Jun 20, '10 2:35pm PST 
Hi All, I'm a newbie here....I brought home a 2-year-old male aussie shepherd 3 months ago. He is rather timid and I have been taking it super slow with him as he acclimates to me and our home (I live alone so it's him and me!). He is making good progress except for one behavior I cannot understand and have not been able to find info doing a google search: it appears that he prefers to be alone when we are in the house -- very un-aussie-like. He will go and lay down in a room at the opposite end of the house and the only time I will see him all day is when I call him to go out, dinner, etc. He comes running then, but once we are back in the house, he takes off immediately to the other end of the house! He loves to sleep with me at the foot of my bed and has just started to ask for a little touch/massage (a big step!). So, my question is: do I let him be by himself - isolate - like this or should I close some doors so he is "stuck" with me? I have moved his water/food station close to me hoping this room would become more attractive to him, etc. Any advice would be very much appreciated as, of course, I'm feeling a bit downhearted here as my other 2 aussies were just big old luv muffins and were total velcro dogs. frown
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Shane, Jun 22 5:10 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.