Postings by Lexy's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

Behavior & Training > My girlfriends dog won't poop outside
Baylee

My Baylee- forever <3

Barked: Fri Jul 5, '13 10:24am PST 
Be aware of your body language and tone of voice. Even if you aren't doing anything to the dog, those alone can be intimidating and scary. Have your girlfriend start back at square one. Let her handle the bathroom breaks until you have built a positive relationship with the dog if your schedules will allow.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Hazel, Jul 6 8:43 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Hugh & Stella.
Lexy

Lexyroo

Barked: Sun Jun 2, '13 4:32pm PST 
What a terrible thing to happen to your dogs and family. I am so sorry for your loss. This man should never be free. He obviously enjoys torturing other living beings and I'm sure he either has, or will, do the same to a human being. May Hugh and Stella find peace waiting for you at the rainbow bridge.rainbow hug
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Sabi, Jun 16 3:48 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Grieving

Baylee

My Baylee- forever <3

Barked: Sun Mar 17, '13 7:55am PST 
So sorry for your loss. hug RIP Oreo little angel
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Gamma, May 19 7:53 pm

Dog Health > Need HELP- Potential GI Obstruction

Baylee

My Baylee- forever <3

Barked: Mon Feb 18, '13 7:56am PST 
How is your pup today? I've never dealt with an obstuction, so I have no advice. I hope he's doing ok.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Madison Ainsley, Feb 18 9:02 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > And now Kaluha is gone too

Lexy

Lexyroo

Barked: Mon Nov 26, '12 5:11am PST 
So sorry you are having to go through another loss. RIP Kaluharainbow
[notify]
» There has since been 35 posts. Last posting by Aspen, Jan 22 12:30 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > Dangerous dog law , does size matter?
Baylee

My Baylee- forever <3

Barked: Tue Oct 23, '12 6:14pm PST 
Your welcome Princess Lily. You are lucky to not have BSL. I do think we are in the process of reversing that decision, though. I agree that size makes no difference and if this dog is indeed a danger and the owners can not control or contain her, then yes she deserves the label. I agree with Ophelia in the fact that each case should be investigated throughly and the decision made on a individual basis. Size or breed should not be the deciding factor.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Baylee , Oct 23 6:14 pm

Baylee

My Baylee- forever <3

Barked: Tue Oct 23, '12 10:15am PST 
Hi wave This is my city. This has been all over the news. While I do think that breed or size should not make a difference, I think it's ridiculous to give the label of dangerous dog on a first non serious bite. It does not say if this dog has a history of biting, aggression, or even being out of the owner physical control ( out of fenced area or off leash). I think if there is a history then yes the label. We do have a breed ban here as well, which went into effect about 7 years ago. I really think what we need is to oust the breed ban and make the owners accountable for bad behaviour if the dog is repeatedly bites or is at large, unless the first incident is serious and unprovoked. So if this is a first offence I feel this dog and owners should be given a second chance to change and fix the problem.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Baylee , Oct 23 6:14 pm

Baylee

My Baylee- forever <3

Barked: Tue Oct 23, '12 9:46am PST 
Hi wave This is my city. This has been all over the news. While I do think that breed or size should not make a difference, I think it's ridiculous to give the label of dangerous dog on a first non serious bite. It does not say if this dog has a history of biting, aggression, or even being out of the owner physical control ( out of fenced area or off leash). I think if there is a history then yes the label. We do have a breed ban here as well, which went into effect about 7 years ago. I really think what we need is to oust the breed ban and make the owners accountable for bad behaviour if the dog is repeatedly bites or is at large, unless the first incident is serious and unprovoked. So if this is a first offence I feel this dog and owners should be given a second chance to change and fix the problem.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Baylee , Oct 23 6:14 pm

Behavior & Training > What do you LOVE about your dog/s?

Baylee

My Baylee- forever <3

Barked: Fri Aug 24, '12 9:23am PST 
I love this one!
Baylee...
Her complete devotion to me.
How she is always within inches of me.
The puppyness about her even though she is 10.
How we can read what each other needs.
Her love for walking and exploring. We can walk for hours together.
How much she has taught me about dogs and their needs.

Lexy...
Her love to cuddle
Her calmness in the house
The rare times that she plays with toys ( It is so adorable to see her toss and catch toys)
The way she greets me at the door after work
Her obvious appreciation of her second chance at a loving home
When she stretches! Sooo cute.

Both of my girls are amazing. Their previous families have really lost out. cloud 9
[notify]
» There has since been 27 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Aug 29 6:50 am

Behavior & Training > Do people deserve to get their dog back if it gets out over and over? Rant.
Lexy

Lexyroo

Barked: Thu Aug 9, '12 2:29pm PST 
This is how Lexy came to me. Continually escaping, relinquished to shelter, pulled by rescue, and then adopted by me. I just don't understand how people can just let it happen over and over again like it is no big deal. Anything can happen. So sad cry
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Ember FDX, Aug 14 1:20 pm

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.