(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

Food & Nutrition > beneful
Shylow- starlight

Ninja twinkle- toes

Barked: Wed Jul 17, '13 12:51pm PST 
thanks,guys i will look for the other thread..smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Shylow starlight, Jul 17 12:51 pm

Shylow- starlight

Ninja twinkle- toes

Barked: Wed Jul 17, '13 12:42pm PST 
mervyn,

the dog does not have mange lol. she was from a mill, but was in a home for the last three years where they fed beneful with whole foods.home cooked is great if you balance it. it is not that difficult. dr,pitcairn has an excellent book to help guide you. my yorkie lived 18 years on home cooked. you have to make a routine with cooking the food so it does not become a huge and time consuming job. my shih tzu was raw for 4 years, i moved back to home cooked as she does better on this. if homecooking, you need to consult your holistic vet to make sure you are given a balance diet, there is also a clinic in California your vet can send your feeding regiment to to see if it is balanced.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Shylow starlight, Jul 17 12:51 pm

Shylow- starlight

Ninja twinkle- toes

Barked: Wed Jul 17, '13 12:38pm PST 
to mika. i never had these issues with my own dogs before either. because i have only fed hone cooked food. yet this dog is adopted and this is the food she was on before i got her. so i have to deal with this issue.

also, to the person who said don't blame the manufacturer. sure you can get the bugs in any process of the food traveling, in the factory, in the transfer or in the store or your home. no on knows. that fact that an abundance of people have reported this about beneful with some who did not even open the food and found it in the bag later, points to the whole issue of the company not storing it correctly or using rotten grains
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Shylow starlight, Jul 17 12:51 pm

Shylow- starlight

Ninja twinkle- toes

Barked: Wed Jul 10, '13 9:54am PST 
has anyone had any health issues with their dogs if they have fed this food (said loosely) to their dog?

my experience with this food is; i adopted a yorkie that was on beneful as well as supplemented with whole foods for 3 years. when i looked at her face, she had no hair on her ears or nose and it looked raw around her eyes and her hair looked dry and frazzled at the ends. her hair was thin even before the first owner got her because she was rescued from a puppy mill. after 2 months of feeding her home cooked food. (chicken, sweet potatoes, greens, vitamins,oils) her hair started to grow again on the bridge of her nose and ears. when i took her to the vets for a check up. the tech told me she heard that beneful had alot of grain mites in their food and this mite will make the dogs face hair fall out, either by biting or i don't know what.has anyone heard of this?

thank you
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Shylow starlight, Jul 17 12:51 pm

Food & Nutrition > Grain Mites in Beneful Dog Food

Shylow- starlight

Ninja twinkle- toes

Barked: Tue Jul 9, '13 10:24pm PST 
wow, this thread is 5 years old and beneful is still around killing dogs. i adopted a yorkie that was on beneful for 3 years. she had no hair on her ears or bridge of nose. her nose was shiny, like a bald mans head. after i fed her home cooked food for 2 months her hair started growing back! the vet tech said these grain mites will do this to the face of the dog. disgraceful

beneful? more like poisonful.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jul 13 10:04 pm

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Homemade Dog Treat Recipes! Please Share!
Kyia

Kyiamentary

Barked: Sat Apr 27, '13 7:10pm PST 
wow, that is a good idea, i like to dig in the recycling bin and see what my family has thrown away and add to the dogs food, but i think i will add it al to baked treats now lol.. thanks
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Spencer, Dec 30 2:15 am

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > I need help getting started on a good home prepared diet for Delilah

Kyia

Kyiamentary

Barked: Sat Apr 27, '13 7:02pm PST 
i had my shih tzu on raw for 4 years and my yorkie for two years. i just switched them both to home cooked. my shih tzu had a lot of issues clear up for her, but she smelled really bad. within a couple of days she smelt great, i love the raw diet, but it is not for every dog. if you want a good home cooked guide, get dr.pitcairns book complete guide to natural health for dogs and cats.

i followed this with my first yorkie who lived 18 years. smile for calcium, i use dried egg shells and put them through a coffee grinder or take cooked chicken bones that others threw away and put them in the vitamix with some water, flax seeds, coconut oil, enzymes, whatever you want to add to it. until liquid. put in fridge and add to food daily.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Kyia, Apr 27 7:02 pm

Dogs & Travel > FREE PETSITTING EXCHANGE GROUP-TORONTO

Kyia

Kyiamentary

Barked: Sat Apr 27, '13 6:46pm PST 
FREE PETSITTING EXCHANGE GROUP-TORONTO

For those of you who have dogs that don't like to travel with you,get to know your neighbours, get to know others with the same breed or at least the same size dog as yours..I was tired of hearing NO from petsmart and other places about pet sitting my raw dogs, even homecooked was not allowed, and you know they want you to vaccinate your dog to death..so i made my own group.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/torontobarkwatch/
Approved by forums moderator
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Kyia, Apr 27 6:46 pm

Dog Health > Newly diagnosed liver shunt

Jobi

Clown Dog

Barked: Sat Jan 12, '13 8:21pm PST 
my yorkie, Jem had a liver shunt. he was at the stage where he was starting to bite people for no reason, and you could not move off the couch if he was sitting there or he would jump on you and attack you. At that time there was only one person doing the surgery in all the province and it was $1000. alot 27 years ago.lol. anyway he had the surgery and went on to eat a home made diet guided by a Holistic vet and lived without anymore health issue for 18 years.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Apr 7 6:27 am

Dog Health > I need some help!
Jobi

Clown Dog

Barked: Sat Jan 12, '13 7:05am PST 
my frind has a lab that was a bit over weight, they put her on a raw diet and she lost al her weight, beautiful form and allergies clearing up, walks alot better.. but still counter surfs alot better lol
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Jobi, Jan 12 7:05 am

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.