Postings by Remmy's Family

GO!

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

Sports & Agility > Showing too early in agility
Remmy

I love Agility

Barked: Wed Apr 17, '13 8:41am PST 
I have just found someone who is teaching Rally so I am planning on taking Lucy. I am still continuing on with her Agility work but think the exposure to a new place, new dogs, will really help her and I have always been interested in getting into Rally. It will also teach me more about Rally so I can do it with Kris, the Dobe, when she is old enough. I am just doing some Obedience with Kris right now as she is just four months old at the end of the month.

We are having our last drop-in Agility practice this coming Saturday then we will have to do our training at home as there are no more classes for a while.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by MACH4 PACH2 Aslan, Jun 21 9:56 pm

Dog Health > Taking a newly spayed dog for a walk in a state park?
Remmy

I love Agility

Barked: Sun Apr 7, '13 10:15am PST 
I got Gypsy, my Shih Tzu x Maltese spayed about a week ago. She is a quiet little dog (3 1/2 years old) so after a few days, I started putting her outside on my big porch which is about ten feet off the ground as it was nice and sunny out. She just wandered around or slept in the sun. It has a small fenced area built off it.

The third day she was out there, I went down the stairs alongside my house, and she met me down there. I could not figure out how she could have gotten down there so the next day I watched her. She climbed up on the dog house roof, and would have squeezed through the railing if I had not stopped her. From there she must have dropped down onto the aluminum roof over my stairs, then slid down and dropped about six feet onto the ground. She seemed to be fine and no after effects but I made sure I moved the dog house!!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Hailie, Apr 7 9:09 pm

Dog Health > Advice please my puppy is missing toes

Remmy

I love Agility

Barked: Wed Apr 3, '13 4:40pm PST 
Dogs have four toes on each foot. They can also have dew claws which are slightly higher above their foot but sometimes they are removed. The same with the back feet, usually depending on the breed, some dogs have one dewclaw or sometimes double dew claws.

Do you mean one of the four toes is missing or the dew claws?
[notify]
» There has since been 37 posts. Last posting by Addy, CGC, Apr 8 11:32 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Calling all Designer Dogs/ Unique Combinations of dogs

Susie

love going on- trail rides with- the horse

Barked: Thu Mar 7, '13 7:27pm PST 
Just lately I have seen a couple of different ads for Pug x Dobermans. Why would anyone every want to do that? I am quite sure they could not naturally breed with each other unless you had a really small Doberman and a great big Pug.
[notify]
» There has since been 25 posts. Last posting by Baby, Mar 10 10:42 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > Stolen dog returned now someone is knocking at my door

Susie

Barked: Tue Mar 5, '13 1:37pm PST 
I live in the country and when we found a lost dog with a Vet tattoo in her ear, we phoned up the Vet and they gave us the owners name and phone no. Our Vet puts a tattoo in their ear when they spay or neuter them. I really do not see anything wrong with that as we have no Shelter or anywhere in our area to turn a dog into.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Twister, Mar 6 2:17 pm

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Salmon Crack Dog Treats - They're so good...they're crack for dogs. :D
Remmy

I love Agility

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 7:12am PST 
I first heard of this recipe using tuna as I can get it pretty cheap but have also used it with a can of dog food, sardines. My sister has used the left over gravy from a roast. I have cut up the last scraps of chicken (which does not work as well as you get chunks so have to cut it up really small).

My dogs love it with the tuna, will have to try it with salmon. thanks.
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by , Nov 27 4:05 am

Sports & Agility > Showing too early in agility

Remmy

I love Agility

Barked: Mon Feb 11, '13 8:38am PST 
After all the mistakes I have made with Remmy, I am not going to be in a big hurry to start trialing with Lucy. She is very smart, fast and does all the equipment but the weave poles but with Remmy I did not have the advantage of a qualified instructor like I have with Lucy. She is just over a year so I have lots of time to put in the foundation that Remmy never got.

Reading that article I can look back and see all the stress markers that Remmy has shown, especially the zoomies. I am glad I went back to square one with him on my handling and I can see the difference in him already. He breezed through his starters, did alright in the Advanced but now he is in Masters, it was starting to catch up to us.
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by MACH4 PACH2 Aslan, Jun 21 9:56 pm

Dog Health > Dental for a 12yo?

Remmy

I love Agility

Barked: Thu Jan 31, '13 6:17pm PST 
I had Remmy into the Vet to have his ears checked and when he checked his teeth, he at first said they were in good shape, but then noticed he had a loose tooth. I took him in yesterday and they pulled the loose tooth and did a dental cleaning at the same time. It cost me $160.00 but they also gave me a 5 lb. bag of T/D Oral health small bites which are about $35.00 a bag so it was very reasonable. It helps that they also give a Seniors Discount.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Ikan, Feb 6 4:31 pm

Puppy Place > Puppy shih tzu size

Remmy

I love Agility

Barked: Wed Jan 23, '13 1:11pm PST 
The last Shih Tzu I had was only just over 8 lbs. at four months and matured at 14 lbs. Sounds like your puppy is going to be a lot bigger. Did you have him weighed at the Vet so you have an accurate weight as over 11 lbs. seems awfully big.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Bleu, Feb 2 8:00 pm

Puppy Place > Kinda need some advice ( dad in laws dog)
Susie

Barked: Wed Jan 23, '13 1:01pm PST 
My nephews house burnt down last year. My sister has his two cats and Sheltie at her place. (They were lucky they escaped through the cat door as nobody was home).

She barks a lot and they have some other dogs of their own. She would like to rehome the dog as it looks like it will be a long time thing, but she is not going to do it if her son wants to keep her. He has lost everything and she would not force him to also get rid of the dog, no matter how much it barks. He rescued the dog when she was about 9 years old and has had her three years.

I really think you should try and work something out and not force your father-in-law to get rid of his dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Tiller (Skansen's Ira in the M, Jan 26 3:06 pm

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.