GO!

Nipping/Biting

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Baloo Biggie-

Mama's Biggie

Barked: Sun Oct 28, '12 10:58pm PST 
My baby just turned 4 months old on the 16th of October. He was only 4 and 1/2 weeks old. His mother had nursing issues. He's training wonderfully, potty, leash, sit, shake, bathing, nails, ears...everything has been amazingly smooth- but the past couple of weeks- he is playing too rough, nipping, biting, jumping on certain family members. The biting is worrying me. He just won't stop, nothing works- not even time out. I have a 3yr old and my almost 80 year old mother living with us,(She bleeds very easy. )We live very rural- the closest obedience class or pet smart is over an hour away. Any suggestions? I got a muzzle but I couldn't get it on him because of the biting. He doesn't seem to do it as aggression just biting and chewing seems like all he wants to do the past two week!
[notify]
Baloo Biggie-

Mama's Biggie

Barked: Sun Oct 28, '12 11:01pm PST 
Forgot to mention, we went for a check up at our vet last week, at 4 months and 10days, he weighed in at 69.9. He eats 2 cups of food 4 times a day (8c a day)but we can still see his ribs. Vet said he looks great, but I'm concerned.
[notify]