GO!

What do you feed?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Kylie Ann- Clark

What's not to- love? hun.

Barked: Wed May 27, '09 3:18pm PST 
My parents just bought a English Mastiff and they are having problems with her eating. So I was wondering what your dog likes? Thanks! big grin
[notify]
Posh

Pup-Pup

Barked: Thu May 28, '09 9:56am PST 
What type of food is she on now? Was it different from where you got her from? Also does she have a high or low activity level? We feed our mastiffs kibble mixed with homecooked meals like chicken, and garden vegetables, we also put garlic in it for a natural bug repellent, they all enjoy it very much. I hope this helps you some smile
[notify]
Bam-Bam, CGC

Lil' Rubble

Barked: Wed Jun 3, '09 8:01am PST 
Is she a pup or an adult?
If she is a pup, she needs to be on a large breed puppy food for controlled growth. Mastiffs are prone to a lot of growth disorders caused by calcium, and large breed puppy foods formulate their foods with the appropriate amount of calcium to control growth. Also, large breed puppy foods contain DHA which is good for brain development, and are also important because they have higher nutrient levels. These big guys grow very big over a long period of time, so they need the extra nutrients in a large breed kibble. Most suggest using a large breed puppy kibble up to 18 mos or even 2 years of age!
If she is an adult, there are lots of options out there for you!
Since they just got her, however, the not eating may just be a stress reaction and will change once she settles in. Some great foods to look into are Orijen, Innova (NOT Evo if she is a pup), Natures Variety, Natural Balance, Blue Buffalo, By Nature, Solid Gold (Wolfcub if she is a pup; wolfking if adult), etc.
[notify]