GO!

How do people react to your mastiff?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Sat Mar 28, '09 6:36am PST 
I saw a thread like this for german shepherd dogs and I was wondering how ppl react to your matiff?
[notify]
Bam-Bam, CGC

Lil' Rubble

Barked: Sun Mar 29, '09 10:05am PST 
"Do you have a saddle for that thing?"
"Wow, someone let a pony in!"
"He's bigger than you!"
"Honey look, it's a bullmastiff."
"How big will he get?"

Needless to say a lot of the responses are of shock or they are pure ignorance, lol. The questions were cute at first, but now I'm thinking I need to come up with some witty answers. Like when Bam-Bam barked the other day in the back of my SUV which has tinted back windows, and he stood up, which sent my whole vehicle rocking. I was asked, "Is there a dog in there?"
No, genius, thats a near alarm system I had installed that reacts when you get too close.
Here's your sign, lol.
[notify]
Deogee

I love to- cuddle!

Barked: Mon Apr 13, '09 5:49pm PST 
I have heard all of those comments before as well. I have had some very odd reactions to Deogee. Walking her causes people to cross the street when they see us coming. I have actually had people ring the door bell then leave when they hear her bombarding down the stairs. I get the typical pony/horse/etc. comments. Recently we had robberies in three houses to the left and right of ours. When the investigating officers saw me outside with Deogee, they joked that her name was "Brinks" as in Home Security since the burglers skipped over our house!
[notify]