GO!

VERY UPSET

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

samson

THE BIG MAN

Barked: Sat Aug 4, '07 3:38pm PST 
TO ALL ENGLISH MASTIFF OWNERS. WE MUST STAND UP FOR OUR GENTLE GIANTS AND TELL EVERYONE THAT THEY WOULDN'T HURT A FLY. AFTER THIS MAN WAS ATTACKED BY A MASTIFF IT COULD HURT A LOT OF GOOD ADOPTABLE ENGLISH MASTIFFS FOR A CHANCE TO HAVE A HAPPY PERMANT HOME. PLEASE ALL TELL EVERYONE ON DOGSTER HOW GENTLE YOUR GIANTS ARE....
[notify]
Sampson

The big dog on- the porch

Barked: Mon Oct 8, '07 9:54pm PST 
It drives me crazy any time I hear someone ask when they see my boy how can you keep a mean dog like that please he'd never hurt anyone unless you tried to hurt his Momma.
[notify]
~*OoPsIe* ~

*~I luv my- ECHO~*

Barked: Mon Oct 15, '07 6:24pm PST 
same with me my dogs are so nice and just because there english mastiffs there not mean. My dogs are luving and can u belive 1 person threatened 2 kill my dog because he was so big i luv my english mastiffs and would do anything for them =) there my dogs and my favs
[notify]

~*OoPsIe* ~

*~I luv my- ECHO~*

Barked: Mon Oct 15, '07 6:24pm PST 
same with me my dogs are so nice and just because there english mastiffs there not mean. My dogs are luving and can u belive 1 person threatened 2 kill my dog because he was so big i luv my english mastiffs and would do anything for them =) there my dogs and my favs
[notify]
Argos

Barked: Fri Aug 22, '08 9:35pm PST 
When I was a puppy but still over 100lbs Grandma tried an experiment and when I was playing she put her hand intentionally in my mouth. I licked it but immediately stopped my jaws from closing. I am the only Mastiff Grandma has ever known but she says I am the gentlest dog in the world and would never hurt either cat, other dogs, children or adults, and I wouldn't. I just want to be a good Mastiff and everyone says I am.
[notify]
Wookie

Wookie loves- cookies!

Barked: Thu Sep 25, '08 4:09pm PST 
I don't have a mean bone in my body! I don't know how people could think my sweet face could ever hurt anything in this world! I mean, yeah, I'm bigger than most dogs, but seriously... I love everyone and everything!!!

happy dance
[notify]
S

Barked: Wed Nov 26, '08 10:28pm PST 
Vicious? Have these people even seen a mastiff? Maybe someone slipped on some slobber.

Sooney couldn't be bothered to let us know we were being robbed. I mean seriously, she was three feet away from us, she could have, you know, maybe coughed or something. I'm actually not thrilled about that part. smile
[notify]
Dude

Barked: Sun Dec 21, '08 5:40am PST 
I dont know mastiffs that great but only here good things about them, like how gentle they are. I am only 14 and I am researching dog breeds very good. My mom heard that story with the mastiffs and flipped out saying that it was the dogs fault and that they should be put down. I had a huge fight with her. I told her what if I got one and she said that she wouldn't touch him and would never be able to trust him. I actually really want one, and I wont let my mom or ppl stop me from getting one if I want one.
[notify]
Deogee

I love to- cuddle!

Barked: Mon Apr 13, '09 6:02pm PST 
I really hate breed specific laws and singling out certain breeds. When I refinanced, I had to look for house insurance that would cover dogs on the "bad doggie" list. Mastiffs fit that bill. In Massachusetts basically any dog over 20 pounds or with teeth is considered a "bad doggie."

My Deogee is a love bug! When I take her for walks or to the park, the children in my neighborhood always stick up for her. They tell everyone, "Oh that is just Deogee, if she met a fly she would try to be its friend!"
[notify]