GO!

Chihuahua to...Lab?!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Jinx

Koala Bear

Barked: Wed Jan 23, '13 7:23am PST 
Hi!

So, a friend of a friend just got a puppy for her children off Craigslist (I know...)- only to find out that her son is allergic. She was going to take the puppy down to the shelter, but I offered to take him in at least temporarily, to spare him the shelter experience.

So, at least for a while, I'll have a black and tan Labrador puppy, about nine weeks old.

I've never owned a Lab. I have a Papillon and three Chihuahuas, and I grew up around Miniature Schnauzers. While I've heard a lot about Labs from my dog loving friends and my sister who's a dog trainer, I know that's probably nothing compared to having the ball of fur running all over your house!

So, other than 'Labs eat anything and everything', what would you tell someone to prepare them for the Lab experience? How best can I supervise play and introduction between a rambunctious Lab puppy and Chihuahuas with firecracker personalities? party
[notify]