GO!

Industructable toys

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Pistache

Barked: Mon Nov 3, '08 6:24am PST 
can anyone tell me if you have found a toy, other than Kongs, that can resist a strong chew?

I'm going nuts trying to fing Pistahce a good toy other than a Kong. we bought him 3 new toys this weekend (daddy had some guilt issues with his puppy gettign payed) and he destroyed all of them.

Up to know there is 2 other things we found could resist him: a Cuz ball (the feet lasted about 3 days only) and the street hockey ball.

We would like to have a variety to keep him busy, but it's getting really hard to find anything.
[notify]
Sunni

Sunni- looks like an- angel in the- sun.

Barked: Fri Nov 7, '08 7:52am PST 
I am having the same trouble with my Lab!!! she's seven months old, and she chews on everything. We have several toys for her, but she takes an hour with them, destroys them, and then goes on to tearing up everything else!!! if you find any puppy-proof toys, let me know!!cry
[notify]
Hailey

Sweet as- chocolate

Barked: Sat Nov 8, '08 12:31pm PST 
We have tons of toys in our backyard. All I can say is go to the local dog store and find rubber toys, not the flimsey squeaking rubber but the hard rubber. It resists better if it's more round.
[notify]

Hucky

Have Teeth, will- Chew

Barked: Thu Jan 15, '09 1:16pm PST 
Huck chewed up store bought tug ropes so I bought a heavy duty tow rope for cars, cut it up and made 3 tugs out of it and he loves it, but best of all, he hasn't destroyed it yet and he has them for about 5 months now. Also I give him empty gallon Arizoina ice tea jugs with treats inside of it and for some reason, it takes a while for him to destroy that too.
[notify]
Bosefus

Where'd you put- the ball?

Barked: Sat Jan 17, '09 5:35am PST 
I found an awesome toy at PetSmart (although I am sure they have it elsewhere). It's a little like a Kong in that you can fill it with treats, but it's kinda diamond shaped. It's red and unscrews apart so that you can fill it, but even without treats Bo loves chewing on it! It's also top rack dishwasher safe. I also give him beef bones from the meat counter that I baked, and those will keep him happily gnawing away for a good two or three hours! They also last forever if I don't throw them out. Happy Chewing!
[notify]
Obi One Ka- Stoney- "Stone"

Barked: Mon Jan 19, '09 11:24pm PST 
I have found that the product called "Busy Buddy" works the best. Stone has the "Busy Buddy Squirrel Dude." You can put, or not put toys into it and he loves them either way. Plus, they come in different sizes, and you can control how difficult or how easy it is to get the treat out. It's able to be washed, and the best part is that you can fill it with anything. You don't have to worry about buying a certain type of thing to go in it. I love this toy! I'd give it a perfect 10.cheer
[notify]
Ginger- 1995/2009

loving homes for- all furrs

Barked: Tue Jan 20, '09 10:16pm PST 
Have you tried toys made out of fleece. They are tightly braided & some have a tennis ball in the middle & some don't. They supposedly will withstand the most chewy chewers & the fleece cleans their teeth as well. If you are interested you can email me alicejanegamble@gmail.com if you want more info etc
Take care Luv to Ginger & Mom
[notify]
Nestle

Come on come on- throw the tennis- ball

Barked: Tue Jan 27, '09 7:31pm PST 
We have had luck with rubber toys. We found two at Petsmart. One looks like a jack and it is blue and the other is shaped like a ball but it has lots of holes in it, we have had it so long that I can't remember what it is called.
[notify]
Stormy

Stormy-get out- of the way of- this storm!

Barked: Wed Jan 28, '09 7:20pm PST 
I give my crazy lab my kids shoes that they outwear. I wash them in the washing machine first. My dog chews them until only the sole is left. She is really good and spits out all the parts in a pile next to her. I don't know if this type of toy is good for all dogs, but it sure keeps my silly mutt busy.
[notify]
Harmony

Labradorable

Barked: Thu Mar 5, '09 4:25pm PST 
Hard Knuckle Nylabones are grrreat for keeping my busy. I WOOF my kong solid rubber ball and this HUGE hard plastic ball that looks like a kettle ball. Also, there's a toy made out of recycled rubber from cow milking machines. Sounds crazy but they last a long time too.

If you order it and mention Mid-Florida Retriever Rescue, Inc. They will donate a little bit of the money they make from your order to the rescue myself and my two labradork brother's came from which is grrreat!

www.mid-floridaretrieverrescue.org

the link is at the bottom of the page called helping Udders!way to goway to goway to goway to goway to go
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3