GO!

Jack Russell suddenly marking my Italian Greyhound's bed!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Ruby

Barked: Mon Feb 6, '12 1:59pm PST 
My JRT is 12 years old, neutered. My Italian Greyhound is almost 15. About six or seven months ago, my IG's eyesight and hearing started to go and now she is completely deaf and blind. She gets around fine, but sometimes runs into things (it seems to upset us more than it does her). She and my JRT have been really good buddies since they were young, and he always let her be the dominant dog (he waited until she was done eating before he would eat, etc.). Now, over the past few months, I've caught the JRT "marking" our Italian Greyhound's bed. WHY? He has always been perfect in his housetraining. When this first started happening, we assumed it was our IG, but now we've caught him several times. Why is he doing this and what should we do about it? Is it related to my IG's sudden frailty? Thanks for any insight.
[notify]