Show and Tell Friday Oct. 11

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  
Patan

Redefining the- word edible.

Barked: Mon Oct 14, '13 3:51pm PST 
The vet was actually nice...for a vet. The pawrents told her that I was afraid of her, so she did a lot of the exam sitting on the floor with me and giving me treats. I was so enjoying the treats that I didn't growl while she listened to my heart and lungs. I wasn't very tolerant of the ear check though.

Keyah and I both have irregularities with our blood work though. The vet wasn't too concerned, but we have to repeat some tests. My thyroid was a little low, so that may be why I'm slightly more chunky than before. That has to be rechecked. Keyah had blood in her urine and we're definitely going to recheck that. My urine was not concentrated enough, so the vet wants another sample. Dad's going to have to chase after both of us to get samples. That should be interesting.

No glucose in the urine at all though. That's good.

And we both have slight elevated ALTs, one of the liver tests. But the rest of the liver markers are normal. Keyah's was a little high last year as well. It's possible that we just run a little higher. The vet was wondering if Basenjis might run higher as a breed. We're going to have to explore that.
Denny- Basenji

I dream of- peanut butter...

Barked: Tue Oct 15, '13 7:55am PST 
Patan - you forgot the most important part of your visit...the temp check! How did it go?!?!?!?!

Mama Laura, I'm sorry for your loss. I'm giving you lots of snuggleumpkins telepathically, okay?

I am working very hard on keeping Mama on track with daily snuggles. I hope she knows I'm keeping count.

Keyah, I'm sure you and Patan are fine - just in case, though, I'm sending my world-dominating genius brain vibes to your livers, kidneys and anything else.
Patan

Redefining the- word edible.

Barked: Wed Oct 16, '13 12:11pm PST 
She didn't check our temps! I told you she's pretty nice for a vet. way to go

Denny, send your mom some snuggles from us. We love to give out snuggles!

Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Barked: Thu Oct 17, '13 11:47am PST 
Patan and keyah.... paws cross that your samples don't spill on the carpet when you're dad is chasing you both. Paws cross that they come out fine. We always worry about high levels because it reminds us of what banners! went thru....so paws cross.

Denny! Thanks for the snuggles for mom. it's been hard stressful times here at home and at work and mom is exhausted. But she's still hanging in there.

our dryer broke yesterday and we had to get another one but it won't be here until November 6! eek
I told my dad not to dirty his clothes, but you know him.
And the baby not to make a mess.

but you know how babies are.
shrug

Mom did buy another mattress for the room that gramma sleeps in and it's coming on Sunday! snoopy
That's really my room but I'm letting gramma borrow it and Josie too. I hope I get to try out the new mattress!
laugh out loud

II got a skeleton costume!
Hopefully mom will get pics up.
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2