Friday Show and Tell - September 27'ish

Denny- Basenji

I dream of- peanut butter...

Barked: Sat Sep 28, '13 8:32am PST 
I've been a happy boy now that mom has move the chaise to the bay window. I get to sleep in sunspots allllllllll day long. It's the best.

Mom is feeling better, but there are still side effects and some pain. I have been insistently snuggling her a lot to make sure she's okay.

My paws are in great shape now - the antifungal wipes worked like a dream! And, my nails have been trimmed down. We'll have to see if I let Mama maintain them. Har har har!

What's up with you pups?
Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Barked: Sat Sep 28, '13 2:09pm PST 
Hey Denny! We're happy to hear your mom is feeling better. Tell her to keep resting to build up her strength.
Your sun spot spot sounds great!

Nothing much happening with me. I'm hanging out with gramma and the baby during the day and mom at night. Our Dodgers are going to the play offs and dad and me are excited.

Last night mom caught me digging to China on the new comforter. It's just there egging me on and when I'm not tired, I need to release some energy. Hopefully someone will walk me really good.

We've been watching Breaking Bad from the beginning. We never watched it before. Well actually Banners used to watch it and that's where she learned her bad girl ways.

I'm learning a few tricks myself.

We read that Patan's dad made it home safely. hugwelcome home!!!
Patan

Redefining the- word edible.

Barked: Sun Sep 29, '13 8:48am PST 
wavewavewavewave Everyone!

It's been a bit of a whirlwind the last two weeks. Yes, Dad made it home, and I was super happy. Now his sisters are here driving Mom crazy. laugh out loudshh Dad's dad is getting an award from the World Health Organization for his contributions to public health and Dad is accepting the award for him. Dad's dad died a long time ago, but his work is a big part of how we approach public health even today. He was a smart guy...like Dad. cloud 9

When Dad got home, Mom was really happy then all of the sudden she wasn't. All of the stress she had been keeping in with the car accident and Dad being so far away and near danger finally got to her and she had a meltdown. She ended up staying home the next day. The spots of skin around her eye where she had the resurfacing turned BIRGHT RED. She looked terrible. She went to the doctor and he said that it was ok and would go down in a day or two. It did.

Then yesterday, Dad took us all for brunch after our walk. It's a place Mom really like and she was excited to go. Well, when Dad and his sisters tried to go in to order, Keyah FREAKED OUT. We've never seen her act like that. Mom was confused. Keyah finally calmed down when we all sat at a tble outside. A few minutes later, we started to smell smoke and a fire truck came. It turns out the building was on fire. Keyah knew it probably before anyone else and tried to tell everyone. She's a hero, even though no one listened to her. It's not her fault no one speaks Basenji. shrug

So THANK YOU Keyah. flowers

Denny, glad your mom is feeling better. Talker, congrats to your Dodgers. You can thank Mom for that. Everytime she lives somewhere and then leaves, the sports teams start doing really well. Look at the Red Sox. Mom's hoping to work on the White Sox next.

Oh, Mom's been reading this book someone loaned her called The Dance of Anger. It's an old psychology book. Man does she love it! It's really helped her understand why she gets so upset with her current situation. It's geared towards women, but I think anyone can get something out of it. If anyone is dealing with a short fuse, especially with family or other people in your life...this is the book for you.

Disclaimer: I'm not so sure the book is actually working. Mom still got mad at me when I bit her ankle. Sheesh! I think she needs to read it again.

Keyah

Hey you - give me a belly- rub.

Barked: Sun Sep 29, '13 9:15am PST 
I would like to make it known that Patan was going to let everyone walk into the burning building. He didn't make a peep.
Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Barked: Mon Sep 30, '13 9:00am PST 
First I would like to say congratulations to your Dad's father. You all must be very proud. patan I'm glad you're dad is home wiff you.

For your mom hughughug I'm so sorry she is having a tough time right now. We can only hope and pray that there's a shift and things start feeling less stressful and your mom gets her groove back and is happy.

Patan you're going to have to be on double duty right now for your mom. I don't mean double dooty either.

Okay...banners wants to talk to Keyah.
Savannah aka- Banners!

Banners on the- Run! NOT!

Barked: Mon Sep 30, '13 9:06am PST 
KEYAH!!!! YOU'RE A HERO!!! i should know what a hero looks like cuz I'm a hero myself. It's sooo true!! You did know that the building was on fire and you were trying to warn your family NOT TO GO INSIDE THE BUILDING!!!! You're so smart. Now....thinking what to do about making your family understand you??? They're gonna have to start listening to you from now on. You've got abilities and your abilities told you there was trouble and it was FIRE!

hug I hope you got lots of cheese and belly rubs for saving your family. flowers

PATAN NEXT TIME YOU LISTEN TO KEYAH!!!