Show and Tell Friday July 26

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Barked: Thu Jul 25, '13 11:01pm PST 
I got a BATH!!!!

Dad thought I needed one because I'm chewing at phantom fleas. Mom get me something but it's not helping. I'm biting at my tail and scratching. Mom says she thinks its allergies.

BUT STILL I GOT A BATH!!!
eek
Patan

Redefining the- word edible.

Barked: Fri Jul 26, '13 5:18pm PST 
Oh dear, I'm afraid I have a confession, fellow Basenjis. I've been getting in the shower with Dad...every morning...WILLINGLY!!! red facered facered facered facered face I don't know what's come over me. It's a European style shower, so there's no barrier to keep me out, just a plastic curtain.I just walk right in and stand there.

Talker, I think you must have allergies. Poor Keyah gets them every year. Usually it's her feet that bother her, but this year she is chewing at the base of her tail and it is bright pink. Maybe you should try some Benadryl.
Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Barked: Sat Jul 27, '13 12:19pm PST 
That's where I'm chewing too! Mom gave me some benadryl on Thursday and again on Friday. I'm doing much better. Seems like she should have forego the bath and just given me the benadryl. But I do smell nice.

Patan...WILLINGLY!!!!! What's wrong wiff you? Is it the heat? Do you think you're standing in the rain? What's going on????? Mom took a movie of me in the bath tub and I was crying.

red face

Patan

Redefining the- word edible.

Barked: Sun Jul 28, '13 7:17am PST 
Dad says it's because I don't want him to be alone in there. It isn't that I WANT the shower. I just want to make sure he has company. I don't do it with Mom though. It's a guy thing...you understand.

Talker, glad you're feeling better. Keyah seems to be feeling better FINALLY. It's been a rough allergy season for her. We've weaned her off of the steroids and now off of the Benadryl, and she seems to be doing ok. Paws crossed.
Denny- Basenji

I dream of- peanut butter...

Barked: Sun Jul 28, '13 11:05am PST 
So....last Sunday, I got in a fight with my Aunt Jenn's dog Nanners.

Nanners is typically the BBW brown lab type that I really go for, but when Nanners came in the house, we were in a narrow space, so I had to prove myself to her. I didn't bite her, just growled and snapped and pushed. She freaked out and bit my face.

Good thing we were both on leashes so Mama and Aunt Jenn were able to pull us apart. Nanners was fine, which Mama was worried about because she has seen me go after smaller dogs and scratch them.

But, you may now address me as Scarface.

I have a big gash on my lip flap, a gash across the bridge of my nose and a scratch on my actual nose. Aunt Jenn felt sooooo bad about it. Mama was very calm and washed me up and put antibiotic ointment on my boo-boos. She also laced some peanut butter with nyquil so I would conk out and not scratch.

I'm doing better, but I just scratched the scab off the big one today. Mama thinks I should have gotten stitches maybe, but as long as it looks clean and healing, she's just going to let it be.

Afterwards, I went up to Nanners and was kinda submissive (I wasn't about to have those massive jaws eat my face again!). Who knows, maybe we'll be better next time now that it has been established what the boundaries are? Maybe it's enclosed spaces.

We're going to try again, carefully, but Mama and Aunt Jenn do think Nanners and I can be friends. We walk for miles together without fighting. I check on her, she checks on me, and we just do our thing.

Ugh. My perfect profile is now marred. I supposed it makes me more manly, though.
Cheyenne- Moon

Live, love and- play

Barked: Sun Jul 28, '13 2:07pm PST 
BATHS? BATHS? shock Oh No...and Patan...you're going in the shower on PURPOSE?!?!?!?!?! Since you've been in there you know your dad can't get out another way...wait OUTSIDE the curtain!

I sure hope Mom doesn't get any ideas...

Mom is giving Marlowe coconut oil for his joints and she read that it is supposed to be good for dogs coats and help in allergy relief too. You have to get the unrefined stuff for it to work...but it may be worth a try for the pups allergies.

Now...on to Mr. Scarface! Oh yeah, narrow spaces are a BAD thing! Mom still gets nervous with me and Zuni in the hallways or when we are all scrunched up in her office. Zuni and I got into most of our "disagreements" in close quarters. I'm sure in time you and Nanners will be pals...it just takes time and patience and it sounds like your moms are doing everything right. Zuni and I had an exercise we needed to do. Mom would have one of us on a leash and Dad would have the another. We could move around a little but not get to one another. Zuni would be asked where I was and when she looked at me she would get a treat. Then I was asked where Zuni was and when I FINALLY looked at her I would get a treat. It's all about associating good things at the sight of the other dog.

Here, not much is happening. Mom is a little upset with the lady at our vets pharmacy at the moment. She told mom she found some Adequan for Marlowe and it was supposed to come in by last Friday. Mom went there on Saturday and they didn't get any in. The lady won't be back until Monday. Mom found some in Canada and wants to get it if this lady can't find it..but she'll need a prescription from the vet. Mom had told her she found some in Canada and that's when this lady said.."Oh, I was going to call you because I found some..it should be in by the end of the week." She's had issues with this pharmacy before and this isn't sitting well with her. Marlowe has enough for an injection for tomorrow but he's supposed to get another one on Thursday...then he goes to once a week. She just wants him to hang in there for as long as possible since he's healthy other than the arthritis. This stuff is helping more than any of the tablets or liquids.

Other than that we are BORING! It's hot, so we just sleep, take our morning walk, eat, sleep some more, eat again and then sleep some more.
Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Barked: Sun Jul 28, '13 2:10pm PST 
Wow Denny that sounds like a bad scar. I had the same thing wiff me in tight places and now I can't great face to face wiff a dog. I hope you and Nanners work it out. You should try to get back together right away. You don't want to have nanners holding any grudges.

Girls like scars. I'm still exposing my scars from my lump removals. Maybe that's not the same thing cuz no girls seem to be going for me.

Feel better Denny. You still look good. wishes
Denny- Basenji

I dream of- peanut butter...

Barked: Sun Jul 28, '13 5:06pm PST 
Thanks, Tee, I'm feeling pretty manly right now. You know, cuz I got a scar n' all. I'm pretty sure that even though Mama says I got it from fighting wiff Nanners, I got it in a pirate bar from saving a pretty little poodle from being walked off the plank into the drink. With sharks below. With laser beams on their heads.

Chey, that sounds like a good exercise. Mama is going to try it with me and and Nanners next weekend.

THere are also dark rumors about a bath for me next weekend. And Mama posted on the BRAT page on that other site about my skin stuff and is getting some good advice. She still thinks at the end of the day it's yeast, but she's gonna try the kelp and salmon oil in my food to see if it does anything. And seeing some other vets to see if I can get better. And I need my teef cleaned. I am a HIGH maintenance pup! sheesh!
Cheyenne- Moon

Live, love and- play

Barked: Mon Jul 29, '13 3:46pm PST 
cheer The vet's office came through and got Momma 3 vials of Marlowe's medicine..so she's not upset at them anymore! She says she has to be realistic about things and that Marlowe is getting pretty old and like the other stuff, this will probably only work for a while. So, the 3 vials should get him through sometime in October and we will go from there. We're hoping to celebrate his 13th birthday then!

Denny...do you take probiotics? Maybe you need more good bacteria in your body? It sounds like your mom is going to just have to keep doing trial and error until she finds what works for you. It's frustrating that nothing has fixed it yet, but we know your mom is determined to have you feeling better and will figure it out eventually!
Talker

Talk of the- Town!

Barked: Mon Jul 29, '13 8:55pm PST 
hughughughughughug
Marlowe we want you to hang in there too. You're lucky you have such a dedicated mom who will bop that pharmacist on the nose if she would have given her more trouble. hughughughug

I think mom is going to look into that probiotics too. Mom had to give me another dose of benadryl today. It seems to last for a few days and then I start up again.

meditatemeditatemeditate makes me sleepy too.
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2