Did You Know ....

(Page 75 of 75: Viewing entries 741 to 750)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  
Abigail

Mom & Dad's- Valentine

Barked: Tue Apr 15, '14 8:35pm PST 
A basketball hoop is 18 inches in diameter. **HOW BIG IS THE BALL?!?!?!**

In Kansas, New Jersey, Rhode Island, and South Carolina (but not Louisiana) a woman can be legally married at the age of 12. **OMD!!!! MOMMA THINKS EVEN 18 IS TOO YOUNG!!!!**

see ya, abi
Abby - Forever- Loved

Forever loved- (January- 2001-August- 2012)

Barked: Wed Apr 16, '14 6:15am PST 
Why are steering wheels on motor boats normally on the right-hand side of the boat?

The “rules of the nautical road” require power boats to yield to other vessels approaching from their right. In order to give the skipper of such a boat a clear view in this direction, steering wheels are traditionally placed on the right-hand side of the boat.
Amazing- Grace

Princess of the- Ponderosa

Barked: Wed Apr 16, '14 3:39pm PST 
cheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheercheer

Dante

We ALL deserve- loving families!

Barked: Wed Apr 16, '14 5:09pm PST 
John Wayne's real name was Marion Morrison. Poor guy, no wonder he changed his name. But he did not change his name to John Wayne. Nope, John Wayne was a persona that he used.

He changed his name to Duke Morrison. Duke was the name of his dog. An Airedale Terrier who weighed about 80 lbs. Duke and Marion were inseparable, and his family started to refer to them as big Duke (the dog) and little Duke (Marion).
Eventually the dog passed away, but Marion kept the name Duke and always went by the name Duke Morrison.

He hated to be called John. If he liked someone, he would tell them "just call me Duke."

And that is how he became known as The Duke.

The Duke !
Abby - Forever- Loved

Barked: Thu Apr 17, '14 7:31am PST 
Mom knew some of those facts about the Duke, Dante! way to goway to go Didn't know he didn't like being called John shrugshrug Daddy can do an awesome John Wayne imitation! way to goway to go

Forty percent of the farm-grown catfish in the United States is consumed by Texans.

A snail can sleep for 3 years.

American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first-class.

The highest ‘par’ sanctioned by the United States Golf Association is six.
Angel Baby- (Loving- Memory)

I Still Like- Granola Bars or- Cookies!!!!

Barked: Thu Apr 17, '14 12:53pm PST 
applauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplauseapplauseinteresting on how the Duke became Duke...We did know his real name....way to go
Abigail

Mom & Dad's- Valentine

Barked: Thu Apr 17, '14 10:01pm PST 
I think I'm part snail cause I lubs to sleepdancing

hahahahhaha John Wayne named hisself after his doggiebig laughbig laughbig laughbig laugh wonder if my momma would ever change her name to Abishrugshrugshrug

see ya, abi
Abby - Forever- Loved

Barked: Fri Apr 18, '14 8:22am PST 
The average U.S. high school graduate has a vocabulary of about 60,000 words.

Women influence 80 percent of all new-car purchases.

The typical American family has 2-3 cars that each log in 15,000 miles per annum.

Dolphins don’t automatically breathe, they have to tell themselves to breathe.
Amazing- Grace

Princess of the- Ponderosa

Barked: Fri Apr 18, '14 10:15am PST 
The typical American family has 2-3 cars that each log in 15,000 miles per annum.

big laughbig laughbig laughbig laughbig laugh I KNEW THE OLD FOLKS WERE NOT NORMALbig laugh
ALL 3 AUTOS DON'T LOG IN 15,000 TOGETHERshockshockshockshockshock

GPA HAS ONLY DRIVEN THE NEW TRUCK 2 TIMES SINCE JANUARY......
I TOLD YA,THEY STAY HOME MOST OF THE TIME TO TAKE CARE OF MEsnoopylaugh out loudMAZY
Abby - Forever- Loved

Barked: Sat Apr 19, '14 7:47am PST 
A giraffe can kill a lion with one swift (and damned hard) kick.

An electric eel will short-circuit itself if put into salt water.

Baboons cannot throw overhand.

The face of comic book hero Captain Marvel was modeled after Fred MacMurray.

English writer Ben Johnson was buried standing up in Westminister Abbey because he couldn’t afford normal grave space.
  (Page 75 of 75: Viewing entries 741 to 750)  
[First 10 entry] Page Links:  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75