Need help with a pitty friend

Morpheus

water, my- precious.

Barked: Mon Sep 28, '09 6:22pm PST 
Hi,
My fiancee's sister has two dogs. One 6 yr old pit and a boston terrier. She had another pit a few months ago. Unfortunately the other pit had to be put down. He attacked his father. Gave him a bad wound on the throat. Now The father is traumatized. If the boston goes near his neck he growls and snaps. He also did this when the boston was kenneled, so he is escalating. My soon to be sister-in-law is also traumatized so she can't do the rehab training. The local shelters won't take him, and have made the situation worse by telling her the dog will now turn on people. She feels her only alternative is to have the dog put down. I am trying to avoid that end. He was never a mean dog. He didn't even fight back when he was attacked. We are in New York state in Orange county. If anyone has any help to offer I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance for any help.
Morpheus' mom Jenna
Tucker

Next to Mom,- UNDER the covers

Barked: Sat Oct 17, '09 3:11am PST 
I know that every situation is different...But...She needs to not even consider putting the dog down until the problem cannot be fixed.. she could help by interacting when the dog reacts to anything being near his throat..If he is being aggressive towards people coming near his throat...:-( definetly consider putting him down..but other dogs?? Let him know that him reacting negatively isn't acceptable and that he will be diciplined if he does react negatively....contact a rescue or just try everything possible before death...when it seems like you've tried everything...there's usually something else you didn't know about...don't let it be too late
Tucker

Next to Mom,- UNDER the covers

Barked: Sat Oct 17, '09 3:16am PST 
I forgot the most important part...It's a proven fact that just because a Pit Bull is dog aggressive does not mean that it is human aggressive....TRUST your dog and it will be trustworthy!!