Fearful aggressive needs help

Buddy and- Spike

Let's go hunt- mongoose!

Barked: Sat Apr 4, '09 7:35pm PST 
I have a fearful/aggressive toy fox terrier I desperately would like to help. Off leash he attacks dogs immediately, and and on leash he'll attack a dog that comes over to say hello. He doesn't like small children. How can I use the clicker to curb his agressiveness and build his self confidence?
Dozer ~ CGC

Life is about- clicking and- sleeping

Barked: Mon Jan 3, '11 11:58am PST 
I have never used a clicker on a problematic dog, however I have heard of a book that might help. It's called Click to Calm. I haven't read it myself but I've heard good things about it.
West

www.cpetrescue.b- logspot.com

Barked: Mon Jan 10, '11 10:51pm PST 
I'm working through fear aggression (human directed though) with West right now. I do agree with the suggestion of Click to Calm, and also recommend Control Unleashed. The first step is to stop the aggression from happening. That might mean stopping leash walks and doggie visits for a while. Do you have a trainer locally who could help you get started?

Holly - CGC TDI

Squirrel?- Squrirrel!- SQUIRRELLLLL!!!!

Barked: Tue Jan 11, '11 10:26pm PST 
I agree with West, Click to Calm is an excellent book for dealing with aggressive/highly reactive dogs. I haven't read Control Unleashed yet, but I've heard good things.

It sounds like a pretty serious problem. I would contact a professional trainer to help you out with it.
Good luck!