How old is your Pyr? How old is the oldest one here?

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Sir William- Joseph (bye- Boo)

Don't fence me- in!

Barked: Wed Dec 17, '08 9:49am PST 
Billy will be 10 in Febuary. On all the breed info sights it says that life expectancy for a pyrenees is 10 years. This winter, Billy has started to move around like an old man - stiff when he first gets up.
My dad bought Billy a few days before he (my dad) was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Dad died four months later. Billy is such a connection to my dad; I don't want him to die too!
Iggy- PopRocks

can we play- outside?

Barked: Tue Jan 6, '09 8:31pm PST 
My pyr is only 1 1/2. But I know how you feel. I have a poodle mix that I got when I was young and my mom past away in 97 I was 11yrs old and my dog is still with me and now he is around 14. He is showing all the signs of being old. I can't imagine him being gone and feeling like that I no longer have that connection to my mother.
Jack, CGC

It's hot out- here, can we go- inside?

Barked: Mon Jan 12, '09 2:19pm PST 
Jack is only 2 but we give him Adequan shots to help his joints since he had elbow dysplasia surgery at 8 months old. I've heard a lot of feedback from people with elderly dogs who've tried Adequan with great results. It really brings them relief and puts some bounce back into their step. You should ask your vet about them.

Shadow

Born to bark!

Barked: Sat Feb 7, '09 4:09pm PST 
My Shadow is only 5 years old. Even as young as that, he has decided that he doesn't like to jump out of the back of my boyfriend's SUV. The question is whether he doesn't do it because it hurts him or that he knows I will cater to his every whim.
Irena Lulu

Chief guardian

Barked: Thu Feb 19, '09 3:19am PST 
My Lu is almost 11 years old! She's from strictly working lines and her mama lived to be 15. Lu is still going strong - she can run and jump around and do her job - and so are two of her sisters I still keep in touch with. So "the average" doesn't mean EVERY dog can expect no more than 10 years. smile
Bear

The Gentleman- with the White- Fur Coat!

Barked: Thu Aug 27, '09 10:29am PST 
Bear will be 11 years old on October 22, 2009! I, too, always see that the average age for Pyrs to live to is 10....

Wish so much these beautiful, intelligent dogs could live forever~~~

Sometimes he acts like a puppy...when he gets a "running fit"! That is so heartwarming and fun.....Then there are times he stumbles a bit, or sleeps alot. And his bark is very hoarse...and much less "loud and echoing" as it used to be.

I do know that his Grandmother lived to be 14! God bless~~~
Hiro

Barked: Fri May 7, '10 8:56am PST 
I am 14 months old and so far as healthy as a horse!
Olwyn

Princess- Mudpuppy

Barked: Fri May 7, '10 8:57am PST 
I am ~6 or 7 months old, and still very much a puppy.
Emmie

Barked: Fri Jul 22, '11 3:20pm PST 
I'am 10+ and just had a bitrthday. They say I will only live to be 10 or more years but boy do I have them fooled. oooof!oooof! I'm so spioled and so healthy thanks to my owners, when I say jump, they say how high...I have it made here and I'm so glad they adopted me. I have such an bad attitude lately and I will not eat my dog food. however, when I bat my beautiful brown eyes at them, they give in and share their dinner with me. I don't know how long this will last because they are getting very angry with me. I suppose when they stop feeding me human food, I will just have to go back to that yukky stuff in a can....what to do ? I also don't want to go outside with this heat and I'm so bored staying inside all the time....hummm, wish Winter was here...oooof, ooof!!!
Fleetwood- Mac

Go your own way!-

Barked: Sat Jul 23, '11 2:45pm PST 
Fleetwood Mac is almost 4.
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2