Nat'l Animal Shelter Appreciation Week 11/2 - 11/8

Peaches- ♥

I'm adopted!!

Barked: Tue Nov 4, '08 9:37pm PST 
Hey all! I don't get to post much here but I wanted to pop in and let you all know that this week is Animal Shelter Appreciation Week.

I was thinking that maybe this week, everyone could send a card to their local shelter or rescues, just thanking them for the job they do and letting them know that some people acutally do care.

I volunteer at our local shelter and the staff there has a really tough job. It's a city run shelter and they do have to euthanize animals, which is especially tough to do when you've gotten to know them after caring for them day in and day out.

Our shelter has a bulletin board where they post all the cards that people send them and it really helps brighten their day, especially when they've had a really tough case. The staff there often has to deal with difficult people who just plain do not care about their animals and it can be really tough to want to come to work knowing that you're going to be lied to and yelled at by people that you have to be nice to. And to see the animals that get surrendered and the lame reasons people come up with...it can be really hard for them.

So, if you have some time, please take a minute and remember the people in your area this week.

Thanks!