Cat ABUSE is an OUTRAGE!

Fulmer- (Sweet Angel- Now)

OK. Im FAT, not- FLUFFY!-FAT I- admit it!

Barked: Sat Sep 20, '08 4:08am PST 
Recently a writer for the New York Post wrote an article about the beating death of a cat. I was so outraged at her views I had to share it here on Catster! It makes my blood boil that someone would think such cruelty was nothing. Here is the article.

SLAY CASE PAWSITIVELY LOONY WASTE OF MONEY

Last updated: 8:15 am
September 19, 2008

HOLY cat litter! Someone - please - hand me the euthanasia needle and end this.

In a courthouse revolving with miscreants and murderers, with common rapists, crack whores and assorted freaks, some of the city's finest legal minds have spent the past 18 months flexing their diplomas on a perplexing case.

It's a case that is using up a precious courtroom, and already it's nibbled away countless numbers of your tax dollars.

All of this to get to the bottom of a horrific killing that shook the city in March 2007: the killing of a cat.

Not some fancy-pants show cat. And not some purebred, temperamental purrer.

The deceased four-legged friend - or fiend - in question was but an ordinary, short-haired, 71/2- pound tabby named Norman.

Norman died allegedly at the big and powerful paws of a former minor-league Met and minor "Sex and the City" actor named Joseph Petcka. You can't make this stuff up.

One extremely drunken night, Petcka, 37, allegedly flew into a jealous rage in his girlfriend Lisa Altobelli's Greenwich Village apartment - accusing her of loving the darn cat more than him - and throttled the feline into the grave.

Petcka, for his part, claims he killed the mean and sharp-toothed animal in self-defense.

I, for one, am pleading insanity. For the entire court system. And I love animals.

Well, not really.

For taking the life of a cat that would be put down by Animal Control faster than you can say "Little Friskies," Petcka is charged with felony - felony! - animal cruelty, as well as human harassment.

Selecting a jury has not been a simple affair, as Judge Daniel FitzGerald aims to eliminate all animal-rights fans.

"Even if it's a waterbug, I have to pick it up and carry it outside," said one prospective juror who was released.

Waterbugs get squashed in my house. Cats have nothing to fear. They're not welcome.

News Corporation
CEO K. Rupert Murdoch
http://www.newscorp.com/

General Inquiries;
(212) 852 - 7000

Press Contact:
Teri Everett
TEverett@NewsCorp.Com
(212) 852 - 7070

Investor Relations;
Reed Nolte
RNolte@NewsCorp.Com
(212) 852 - 7092

The New York Post
(212) 930 - 8000

NY Post - Send letter http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/letters/letters_editor.htm

or email a letter directly to the editor at;
letters@nypost.com

Visit Andrea Peyser's site here;

http://www.andreapeyser.com/

or email her directly here;
andrea@andreapeyser.com
Biscuit- (Angel)

Guardian- Angel~23.8 Years- of Love

Barked: Mon Oct 20, '08 10:50pm PST 
What a terrible hag that plays tragedy for laughs. Of course, she's only amusing her sick self.

Hissss,
Biscuit

PS, I wish someone WOULD give her the euthanasia needle she asked for...