Have you been rescued? Tell us Your Story!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Doodle

The BoBo, The- Star Of The Bobo- Show

Barked: Sat Jul 5, '08 11:22am PST 
I really hope all you guys respond to this thread, And I hope That Lady Lexus does too! Lady Lexus Is a great Pug who wants to meet all the dogs who got rescued! I think she is starting something about them, and I hope you guys respond! Oh, and, I have been rescued so here is my story.

Namebig grinoodle

I was rescued from The Bill Foundation in L.A. I was the only dog who wasn't barking.shrug But how coud I bark so much now?laugh out loud
I was there, with two twins next to me and probably a lab on the other side. I wanted an owner so badly. I wanted to be good. Not bark. But I was also scared. So, When somebody entered. I stood kind of still and layed down. Then The person came and took me for a walk. I went back to foundation. One of the people said," He does the evil Eye to the kids, we aren't sure if he likes them. They took me. The person left me up at the house, and I was there.

Heh heh... Sort of dramatic?

Edited by author Sat Jul 5, '08 12:06pm PST

Lady ♥- Lexus

- Barkette- Cheer!

Barked: Sun Jul 6, '08 10:02am PST 
Doodle..here I am and thank you for inviting me to this nice place......I am running around chasing you!dogdogdog

Now come on....puppys and others!

I do want to claim this month, July, to be salute to Pups who have been Rescued.....families who rescue...volunteers and those with rescues and just salute those that are saving lives.....I had my life saved and I thought I was doomed, cuz I was 5 years and 7 months when I went on the block.....but I got saved and there are many others out there....Let's here your story!

dogdogdogdogdogdog
Lady ♥- Lexus

- Barkette- Cheer!

Barked: Sun Jul 6, '08 10:04am PST 
Ok....Let's claim it ...Puppies and furlines....don't want to miss any paws that have been rescued!

sorry!way to goway to goway to goway to go

Doodle

Barked: Sun Jul 6, '08 12:07pm PST 
Yup everybody! What Lady Lexus just said!*Runs faster* Oh gosh!
Come on pups! We got to stop her from chasing me!!!!!!! Post a story!
Chucky (ATB)

I'm in charge- here!!

Barked: Tue Jul 8, '08 8:21pm PST 
I was 2 days overdue to be euthanized when my new mommy drove 8 hours to Augusta, Georgia to get me all the way from Florida. In fact, she brought two other old basset hounds along for company for me on the long trip home. We became friends on the way here.

My former momma died and I was left on my own to fend for myself. During that time, I got heartworms and was too old at 6 to be adopted by anyone local. Before my new family could make me healthy once again, I had to be treated for heartworms and neutered once we got to my new house and half acre property in the very middle of Florida. When I joined the family, I ended up with four new basset hound brothers and one basset sister plus a mommy and a granny to take care of all of us. My mommy still lets me be the one in charge at this house. After all, I have the biggest jaws in my family. (She has to use a muzzle on me to clip my nails or put me in the bathtub.)

Respectfully submitted by Chucky (the one in charge here)

Edited by author Tue Jul 8, '08 8:29pm PST

Doodle

Barked: Wed Jul 9, '08 8:18pm PST 
Oh Chucky! That's a great story!! I bet Kitty would really like that! Yay Chucky!
Chucky (ATB)

I'm in charge- here!!

Barked: Thu Jul 10, '08 9:48am PST 
I really want to tell you about the others in my family, but cannot figure out how to write from another author other than me. Chipper Doodle wants to tell his own story, but I am the only one who got an invitation and seemingly the only one who can post here.

Chip is now the old man at 13 and a half. He has been here much longer than me and would like to tell his own story. How can he do that in his own words?

Chucky
Chucky (ATB)

I'm in charge- here!!

Barked: Thu Jul 10, '08 10:57am PST 
Well, even if I have to use Chucky's name to post, I still want to tell my story.

I am Chip or Chipper Doodle when Mommy has time to say my whole name. When I came here 9 years ago, I was so thin my ribs showed. Of course, I was also heartworm positive and had to endure the older treatments since they wer less expensive... It was 2 years before my heartworm tests finally came out completely negative!!

Then there was my tail... It was broken or something in my former life cause I don't have any feeling in it to this day. I can't hold it up or anything, but when I wag my whole back end, it will wag too.

I have lived with a big family ever since I've been here and I have liked all the brothers and sisters I've had over the years. My best friend of all time was Charlie. We were partners when we went visiting to the nursing homes.

When he died one day, I tried my best to grieve myself to death so I could be with him. Mommy finally found a "miniature" Charlie for me who became Chandler once he came here. I had found a new friend and had a new reason to live. I had to train him in the ways of this new place and we played and played and played.

I'm 13 and a half now and the current old man of the Green Acre. I get special treatment here now. I get my food first since I eat so slowly now. That way, Chucky can't take my bowl away from me and eat my food if I can almost finish before he starts. Sometimes, I get Vienna sausages after my food.

Most sincerely,
Chipper Doodle Greene

Edited by author Thu Jul 10, '08 11:05am PST

Chip (ATB)

The Old Man

Barked: Thu Jul 10, '08 11:21am PST 
I am actually here now!!! hamster dancehappy dancesnoopy I don't have to depend on Chucky anymore!!!

Chipper Doodle Greeneblue dogwavecheer
Chandler

Mama's Boy

Barked: Thu Jul 10, '08 12:11pm PST 
Gee, I finally can tell you my story!!blue dogsnoopyhamster dance It's the best one!!

I am the youngest one here at the Greene Acre Basset Hound Farm here in the middle of Florida. The reason I got to come here is that Chip had just lost his best friend and didn't have a reason to live anymore. Our Mommy had gone to the pound to adopt another female to become a new buddy for Chip. She was there 5 minutes too late to adopt the female because another man got her because he signed in first.

Molly and I were hidden in the very back row of cages where no one could see us unless they looked in every single cage in that huge and noisy place. We had just been brought in and didn't even have numbers yet. We were also the smallest basset hounds Mommy had ever seen who were not puppies. We were tiny, but she found us!!blue dog

Getting me home to her house was another struggle I'll tell you about in my next post, but I am where I belong now. I have become the leader of the pack, but still bow to the will of Queen Molly.

Chandler

Edited by author Thu Jul 10, '08 12:19pm PST

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3