One beagle or two?

Walter

I'm in charge

Barked: Sun May 25, '08 12:34pm PST 
I'm an 8 year old male beagle, my mom and dad adopted me 3 years ago. I'm a typical beagle: stubborn, strong-willed but completely lovable. I like other dogs, particularly smaller breeds like myself, but I can be a bit bossy. I have the run of the house and my parents treat me like a little prince. They've been thinking of rescuing another dog, and have the chance to adopt a 2 year old male beagle from our local shelter. We all went in for a meet-and-greet session today and we got along OK, although we largely ignored each other, there were so many interesting smells there to explore. At one point the younger dog got excitable and started jumping around like he wanted to play with me, I got a bit spooked and told him off. Do any of you have experience in a similar situation? Should we go ahead and get this dog as a pal for me (I am after all a pack animal), or do you think I'll prefer having us and the house to myself, and this young guy will drive me nuts?
♥Angu- s♥

Angus the Stick- Man

Barked: Tue Jul 28, '09 10:39am PST 
Walter, I used to have a cat living with me, too. I tried to play with her, (Shadow) but she just was mean. The best thing to do is let it get used to you. The sad thing is, my famliy didn't have Shadow for a very long time. We had to give her away. Good luck!!