SAR Training Weekend in the Works

Doodle

Make a- Bloodhound- happy...GET- LOST!!

Barked: Fri Oct 19, '07 4:53pm PST 
I'm trying to get some Bloodhound owners in the NY/tri-state area (or further away if you don't mind a commute!!) together for a training weekend at one of the local parks so we can work on our trailing. I have volunteers to lay trails for us, and miles and miles of state and county parks to work in. If anyone is interested please send me a message on here. Once I get a few people that will be interested I will be setting up a date, time and location. It'll be a fun way to spend some time with our dogs, other people that love Bloodhounds and it'll be good to train with some other people. I'm in the process of training my girl for Search & Rescue work, so other SAR trainers are by all means welcome! THIS IS NOT A SEMINAR BECAUSE I AM NOT A TRAINER. IT IS JUST A FUN GET TOGETHER TO LET OUR DOGS SHOW THEIR STUFF AND TO GET EXPERIENCE WORKING TRAILS. It'll be held rain or shine (a good search dog must be able to work in all kinds of conditions). Please let me know if you are interested. I will be trying to get a friend of mine who is a trainer of Bloodhounds used for SAR work and who is also a veterniarian to come for the weekend depending on my responses to this posting. Thanks in advance everyone!

***** If you own a breed other than a BLoodhound and would like to come by all means let me know!!! I'd love to have other dogs here. We can all learn something new!!