Need advice....

♥Dakota Rose♥

You know you- love me!

Barked: Tue Jul 31, '07 9:49am PST 
Hi all,
My mommy made a deposit on a brother for me from a breeder she found on the internet.
Yesterday the breeder emailed to say that the puppy we had picked out died from "fading puppy syndrome". He was 4 weeks old.
Now the breeder wants to know if we are interested in any of the other puppies. Of course we are because we can not get our deposit back, but what if all the puppies are sick?
We don't know what to do.....any advice?
Sarge - (1996-2006)

Snow Dog!

Barked: Wed Aug 1, '07 9:50am PST 
Well I would say because you can't get your money back and you are still going to get one of the puppies I would just take it to the vet as soon as you get it. Something that might make that a little easier timing wise jst find out what day you are getting the puppy and get a vet opointment set for that day.

Hope this helps

Howls & Kisses
Sarge & Megan (Mommy)
Mia

Rain Rain wheres- the rain

Barked: Wed Jul 30, '08 5:41pm PST 
i would get them to sigh a contact saying that you can return the dog for the price you paid within so many day so you can get the dog checked out by your vet. i personaly would not try to get another dog from them, because it sounds like they don't take care of their dogs. I am starting to breed my two and i am doing the contract like that with mine, because it is a great ideal and that is the type of contact i had when i got my two.

Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Fri Jul 31, '09 11:19am PST 
Given that the puppy the deposit was for died, I bet you can make them give you the deposit back.

I looked the syndrome up on the net, it looks like it is either genetic or preventable.

Either way you may want to try and get away from this person and get a healthy puppy from a better breeder, maybe one close enough that you can go see the puppies.
Good luck