Long distance homeopathic consulting

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Meridian

Proud to be a- kitchen wolf!!!

Barked: Tue Jan 9, '07 1:30pm PST 
Hi all!

Has anyone ever consulted with a homeopath that didn't live in your area? I've heard that this is not only possible, but not-so uncommon when it comes to classical homeopathy.

If you have, were you working in conjunction with another homeopath or another vet as well? How effective do you think it was?
Fudge

How can I be- this cute?

Barked: Sat Jan 13, '07 12:35am PST 
Fudge is currently being treated by a homeopathic vet long distance. His name is Dr. Jeff Feinman, and his website is homevet.com (linked on the group).

It works very well. We started out with an hour and a half long phone consult, where we went over Fudge's history, symptoms, feelings, etc. over the phone (I had already sent a written history in the mail). Since then I send email updates and we have short phone consults. Because the remedy given depends on the symptoms being presented by the animal, and these symptoms can be seen by anyone (and are best seen by those who know their pets the best), long-distance works very well.

I also have a local (traditional) vet. I haven't been there since last July, but I will go in March probably for her annual physical exam (no vaccines) and possibly some blood work (including a heartworm test). I don't think she knows that I am treating Fudge homeopathically (though she may, since Dr. Jeff's office did ask for Fudge's records directly from them), but I think she will be open to it. The clinic seems to be pretty open about alternative treatments, at least for a traditional clinic.
Meridian

Barked: Tue Feb 27, '07 11:32pm PST 
Oh man, *hangs head* I was so excited about this group, and here I am so into this stuff, and I didn't even come back to check on my question. red face

So... I think I may have found a classical veterinary homeopath in my area, but I heard by the same person he's "an a**hole". I guess we'll see.

Still, do you get on with your homeopath that you feel he's better than maybe a "lesser on" in your area? I'm torn. And confused....

Meridian

Barked: Wed Feb 28, '07 1:00am PST 
Whoa, that last sentence totally doesn't make any sense. What I was TRYING to ask was, do you think that the ability to meet with your homeopath in person is important enough that you may see a person "live", even if you don't like them as much as another long-distance person?
Fudge

How can I be- this cute?

Barked: Fri Mar 2, '07 11:17pm PST 
I think it's important to like your vet/doctor/health care person. I personally like Fudge's homeopath very much, even though I've never met him in person. I know how you feel though, because I wasn't sure that I wanted to do this long-distance. But the phone consults are almost as good as meeting in person...you talk for a while about very intricate and detailed symptoms. In the end, I feel like he knows a lot more about Fudge than her allopathic vet does (the one who's local).

I do think it's important to have a local vet along with a long-distance one, just because I think it's important to get physical exams once in a while (and perhaps bloodwork). Plus, homeopaths do sometimes request that you get diagnostic work done (such as bloodwork and x-rays) in order to monitor progress with certain issues.

Do you know anything about your local homeopath in regards to how he practices homeopathy? There are so many homeopaths out there who don't practice true classical homeopathy, and personally I don't trust it to work properly if it's not done right. Even if he calls himself a classical homeopath, he still may not be one. Actually, there's a great article on rawfed.com that should help you figure out if this vet is a real homeopath or not: Selecting a Homeopath

I also would see if you can find and talk to people who have had their pets treated by him (successfully, hopefully!).

Hope this helps! smile
Meridian

Barked: Sat Mar 3, '07 1:35am PST 
That helps a lot! I was told about the supposed vet homeopath here last week, and he sound like the "real deal". I just yesterday heard about another supposed "classical homeopath" who works with peole and I guess does some vet work, but I'm not too sure about her. I have printed out that very file from the classical homeopathy group which I do plan on questioning any new practitioner with. I got more questions. Gotta go to bed, thougth!
Summer

Have a Nice Day!

Barked: Fri Apr 13, '07 2:29pm PST 
Heya guys, I just joined this group!!

I'm under the care of Magda Aquila and all our consults are via email, unless there's an emergency. So far, no emergencies. WHEW.

I'm treating Summer for rabies vaccine damage... Sigh. Sometimes it makes me want to cry. Like today. I've been having a really bad day. I'll not elaborate because I'll start crying at work. Some of it is Summer related, and some not. But all in all, everyone is fine and healthy, thank dog, so don't worry!! I just needed to vent, is all.

But anyhoo, Magda is really great and very supportive. And in the few weeks where we've started our treatment with one remedy, Summer HAS shown improvements. Except for today. Sigh. Never mind. I'll shut up now. silenced
Fudge

How can I be- this cute?

Barked: Fri Apr 13, '07 7:32pm PST 
Hi Summer! I'm so glad you joined. I've read where you've said that Magda is treating you. I think that's great that things are working out well for you!

Fudge's main symptom that I'm trying to work out (issues going to the bathroom when/where I want her to) has been kind of on and off...sometimes better and sometimes not. However, she does seem to be a little more confident and happy in general, which I know is generally how cure works (inside to out). I've been having follow-ups with Dr. Jeff every two months at this point, but he's only had me give her the remedy twice. He says her damage is pretty deep set so he wants to go slowly with her.

I'd love to here more details about your case, Summer, either here or in pmail or whatever, if you're willing to share them. I hope things get better for you guys soon! smile
Summer

Have a Nice Day!

Barked: Sat Apr 14, '07 2:42pm PST 
Heya Fudge!! I'll elaborate on my situation with Summer.

She was a 3 month old puppy when I adopted her, or that's what they told me. It seems accurate size-wise - she was about 20 lbs when I got her.

But already, she had had one previous owner, who gave her up to the rescue place (it's not a shelter, they only do fosters), AND they spayed her about a week before I got her, and she had a round of puppy shots. I got her the day I met her, so I wish I could have stopped the spay, but I didn't know about the trouble with vaccines, and I stupidly subjected her to the "boosters" when she turned about 5 months, and again last spring when she was about 15 mths old. She had the rabies vax, also the DHPP (is that how you spell it?) but separately.

I socialized her a great deal from the start - people, other animals, we even lived with a cat at the time (my old roommate's). She learned very quickly that Fester was boss, so she never messed with him. But when she turned about 8 months old, she started being leash aggressive to dogs. People she was fine with. It escalated as time went on, and up till about 3 months ago, I buckled down and contacted Magda. I'd learned about rabies vaccinosis about 2 months before that, but didn't know enough to really see the connection. The more I read and learned, the more convinced I was that that was what is wrong with Summer.

It's weird - she is such a great girl. She's a malinois, and they're so intense and focused and full of drive. And she is definitely that when it comes time for that! I thought it was a training issue - I would make sure she knew the difference between play time, walk time and sleepytime - and mostly she would get it. But then when it came to play time and walk time, her energy and focus would often be all over the place. She had the drive, but for some reason I couldn't often get her drive to work with me. I had problems harnessing that drive and plugging it into working with me.

But since I started on the remedy with Magda, I also employed a great trainer here, kind of about a month after we started homeopathic treatment. I work her hard, but I'm trying to be clear about what I am looking for. Meanwhile, my trainer Tyril is great - he understands that she is sensitive, and he knows the fine line with her - and she is responding great to the training. Since we started treatment, she's been getting better and better at responding to me.

Yesterday's incident was twofold: she saw her friend Diego across the street, so she leapt off the 10 ft concrete drop from the park to street level, dashed across the street to greet him. I right near had a heart attack. Thankfully, the street was really quiet... She's safe, thank dog... Then later in the park, she got into a tiff with Rosemary (who she's played with before, but Rosemary is strangely submissive, yet VERY pushy about being submissive, does that make sense?) and Summer suddenly didn't like what Rosemary was doing, and jumped on her back. Rosemary turned around to snap, and Summer went for her, grabbed her scruff and started shaking it like a toy as if to kill it... It was so horrifying. I screamed, grabbed her back legs and the other owner got his dog. It's a good thing Summer doesn't bite down hard... (I know this because she caught a squirrel once, did the shake/kill thing for about 10 seconds before she finally heard me to spit it out, and the squirrel escaped shaken but unhurt!)

But both incidents got me shaken up hard and I went home and burst into tears...

My trainer told me this morning not to worry... He said that for a dog who's only been through 4 sessions with him, she is responding really well to our advanced obedience commands. I'll proudly say that this morning, she held a strict sit/stay for two minutes in our off leash park, with dogs running up to her and jumping away, while I walked about 100 feet away from her... She broke her stay once, out of the ten or so times we practiced... I'm very happy with her!

I'm so excited to be treating her homeopathically as well as working on advanced obedience now - it seems as if she is finally discovering a clearer focus that she didn't have before through homeopathy, and with the obedience training, she is learning what to do with her new found clear focus better and better.

BTW, my remedy is Belladonna 30C - for all her symptoms.

She doesn't have any physical symptoms I can see - she's never had allergies, never had problems. She had some tummy troubles about once every two months BR (before raw) but since we've started raw, her stomach is stable. All her symptoms are of a mental/psychological/emotional nature.

Whew! That was a spiel!! shock
Fudge

How can I be- this cute?

Barked: Sat Apr 14, '07 10:10pm PST 
Thanks for sharing! Fudge is on Arsenicum 30C, which fits very well with her fear/nervousness issues for sure. I'm not sure how it fits with her bathroom problem, though I assume Dr. Jeff has figured that out. He had her remedy picked out by the end of our initial phone consult.

I hope Summer continues to improve. Be sure to keep us updated on her progress, and let us know if you hit some milestones. smile

As a side note...I got a first aid remedy kit recently. I had a stiff neck the day before yesterday, and tried to repertorize my symptoms. I came up with Bryonia, so I took a teaspoon from the medicinal solution I had made (I had made it the day before when I tried it for a headache, which didn't seem to work too well). It was pretty weird...as soon as I swallowed, my neck wasn't stiff anymore! It still felt kind of sore, but the tight feeling was gone. It was pretty cool. smile
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2