Tell your story here!

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  
PJpupp - Harpur's- PJpupp

Pupp Pupp Pupper- Roni!

Barked: Wed Jan 14, '09 2:54pm PST 
My name is PJPupp and my mommy was a stray who gave birth to me during the El Nino storms in 1998. She was smart and found a yard to hide in and that yard belonged to a veterinarian!

I am an Agility champion who loves to go to the dog beach and sheepherding.
Winston - Harpur's- Winston Cup

Winston @ the- Rainbow Bridge- 6/29/09

Barked: Wed Jan 14, '09 2:55pm PST 
My name is Winston. I found my way to a firestation in Watts, CA and a nice fireman there took me home. A year or so later, I moved in with my family and I've been there ever since. I went blind this year but am doing just fine for a 14 year old dog!
Sparky

Hurricane Ike- Pound Puppy

Barked: Wed Jan 14, '09 4:04pm PST 
My name is Sparky, and I am a Hurricane Ike Rescue. Some people found me laying under a porch with my brother at 3 days old. The people brought me to Operation Kindness, the Largest No Kill shelter in North Texas. I had to have him right when i saw him. He was the best dog.

Now he is so naughty!!!laugh out loudbig laugh

Edited by author Wed Jan 14, '09 4:04pm PST

Moe Bear- Smiles

Miss Independent- To The Fullest!

Barked: Wed Jan 14, '09 4:54pm PST 
I was found on the streets at a very young age age and went to the shelter. i was adopted by my current mom Katie at 10 months and i love my new home! cloud 9
roscoe

Scritch- Me

Barked: Wed Jan 14, '09 5:09pm PST 
great stories!

eekthere's another roscoe here?,,maybe i should go,,just kidding, ok here's my story, an unconventional rescue,,
i was dropped off to dad he already had a rottie,,her name was angie,, he left me with what he thought was a friend, but turned out he abused me, dad found out about me being abused and dognapt me back, the ex-friend said he was gonna call the cops on dad, but dad got him on the phone and said if he did that they would probably share the same jailcell cause dad was gonna be on the phone to the humane society,, well his ex-friend dropped it and i've been in bliss ever since!
roscoe

Scritch- Me

Barked: Wed Jan 14, '09 5:12pm PST 
oh yeah,, dad had to find another home fur angie cause she started chasing cattle and where we live, thats an offence that gets the business end of a shotgun,, dad found her a home that had a fenced yard in springfield and 2 loving parents,,,, i got the hint,, bark at cows,but, don't chase thembig laughbig laughbig laughbig laughbig laughbig laugh

Edited by author Wed Jan 14, '09 5:20pm PST

Samoa- SunnyBear- Bell

Happy Boy!

Barked: Thu Jan 15, '09 10:54am PST 
My name is Samoa and I was rescued from the hoomane society a year ago. My Mama had a dog already - Big Savvy. But she thought it would be nice for her to have company. So she came to the rescue and picked me out and we lived happily ever after. So happily...that she has just gone back and picked out another puppy - little Dubs, our baby sister. We are a bit puzzled as to what Baby Dubs is, but she is cute and sweet and if she grows to be enormous, that will be ok.

Now as far as Big Savvy goes - she was purchased from a breeder, but Mama always says she is a rescue too..."because nobody else would put up with her!" hehehe.
Joey (Angel- Dog- 2001-03/12/1- 4)

I am NOT a throw- away dog!

Barked: Thu Jan 15, '09 9:54pm PST 
I was 5 years old when my former owners (mom refuses to call them "pawrents"!) left me at the pound because I was nipping at their toddler. I was scared at the shelter, and waited and waited for my people to come get me. They never came back. I was at a kill shelter, and my time was running out. No one wanted a 5 year old dog with a crooked tail and fear issues. I showed signs of abuse, and my tail is broken in a couple of places. Fortunately, the nice shelter people had posted a picture of a very frightened me on Petfinder, which my mom saw, and she rescued me in the nick of time! It was 12/23/06, and I can say my Christmas that year, and every year after, was very merry!

My new pawrents have been very patiently and quietly working with my fears and I am working hard at being a good dog. I have learned that I am one smart dog!! I go to school and learn new things, and even know a few really neat tricks! When I was first rescued, I didn't even know how to play.
roscoe

Scritch- Me

Barked: Fri Jan 16, '09 7:38pm PST 
joey,, you are one special pup,, sending a pup pal and a gift! yur pawrents are speicial too,,, sorry can't spell too goodred face
The Lovely- Miss- Silvia(AKC)

My tail's worse- than my bark OR- my bite!

Barked: Mon May 17, '10 8:44pm PST 
Hey!!!wave here is my rescue story:
Well my family doesn't know much about my back ground but here goes, Well I was dumped on the side of the road. (My previous owner didn't know what they were getting rid of.) I was wandering around for days, mayby weeks, mayby months. Well my dad found me and picked me up. I had mange, fleas, ticks, and all kinds of other stuff. He kept me at his house for a month or two then decided he couldn't take care of me. Luckly he has a mom(and sisters and a brother) That can take care of me so he gave me to them. I am now happy healthy and only sometimes get fleas. I am livin the life,baby!!!big grin I am the best dog ever(or so they think). I get sssooooooo much luvin and I play with them all the time! I am soooooo happy they found me and are willing to give me a forever home!happy dance
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3